• Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Epica  (Read 6851 times)
ChaosMidge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 32

I am small annoying fly! Hear me roar!

« on: November 06, 2012, 01:31:46 AM »

My sister. Yes. MY SISTER. Is currently facebook talking with MARK JANSEN. The founder and guitarist for EPICA. YES. THE SYMPHONIC METAL BAND EPICA. She got insane cuddles from him at their concert last night in Joliet. And now she's friends with him. That is my bragging. Cos my sister is a winner. Everyone bow at her feet.

Give light side or dark side points depending on the reason you're giving them. I'd like to see which side I end up on...
I like making up nicknames for people. Wink
Aeon V3 LE w/ Sound: SRD
Libby, no sound: GB
Reaper w/ Sound, FoC: PO w/ FO

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 01:35:19 AM »

I... hm. This is difficult. I will simply be jealous and avoid the bowing part Wink You should get your sister to join the forum just so that I could give her a point for that Grin

no

ChaosMidge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 32

I am small annoying fly! Hear me roar!

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 01:36:52 AM »

HA. Yeah. She's not as obsessed with sabers as I am though. But seriously. SHE'S TALKING WITH MARK KRIFFING JANSEN RIGHT NOW. I CAN'T EVEN.

Give light side or dark side points depending on the reason you're giving them. I'd like to see which side I end up on...
I like making up nicknames for people. Wink
Aeon V3 LE w/ Sound: SRD
Libby, no sound: GB
Reaper w/ Sound, FoC: PO w/ FO

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 01:42:53 AM »

I don't see why this is such big news. Musicians aren't actors or government officials, they are just regular people like you and I. I have Tommy Vext and Rob Chappers on my friends list on FB and have talked with both before, but I didn't think much of it; I was just happy to know that they were able to take time out of their day to talk with a loving fan.

If you love a musician enough, there are tons of ways to get in touch with them. I had a conversation with All That Remain's bassist on the Talkbass forum for crying out loud. Like I said, they aren't actors or anything like that. Heck, I'm sure if you lived in the same state and in the same town as the band, you could bump into them at the super market.

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 01:47:57 AM »

I don't see why this is such big news. Musicians aren't actors or government officials, they are just regular people like you and I. I have Tommy Vext and Rob Chappers on my friends list on FB and have talked with both before, but I didn't think much of it; I was just happy to know that they were able to take time out of their day to talk with a loving fan.

If you love a musician enough, there are tons of ways to get in touch with them. I had a conversation with All That Remain's bassist on the Talkbass forum for crying out loud. Like I said, they aren't actors or anything like that. Heck, I'm sure if you lived in the same state and in the same town as the band, you could bump into them at the super market.

I talked to Shirley Manson once.

It was a big deal.

Then again, she's more of a celebrity than many musicians so it was a little different, but not that different. I see your point, though. It's pretty easy to get in touch with other musicians of various levels of fame and success if you too are a musician, or so I'm told.

no

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 04:21:40 AM »

Don't know the band or the guy.  Not impressed.  Now if she was into lightsabers and as cool as Midge, I might be.  She can't stack up to you Midge if she's not into lightsabers.  Sorry.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 04:23:59 AM »

Don't know the band or the guy.

You... what?! I should banish you to the moon.

no

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 04:40:53 AM »

You... what?! I should banish you to the moon.

Sorry Luna.  Can you provide me with some clips so that I might know them better?

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 04:52:29 AM »

I saw Epica once with symphony x... I wasn't impressed with epica... I hate when metal bands that have awsome female vocalists feel the need to ruin the music with a terrible male growler... although I loved Simones guest work with kamelot...

A friend of mine did a phone interview with Arjen Lucassen for a metal review my friend writes.

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 05:14:38 AM »

Sorry Luna.  Can you provide me with some clips so that I might know them better?

If I remember to, I shall do so tomorrow Cool

no

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 05:45:30 AM »

I talked to Shirley Manson once.

It was a big deal.

Then again, she's more of a celebrity than many musicians so it was a little different, but not that different. I see your point, though. It's pretty easy to get in touch with other musicians of various levels of fame and success if you too are a musician, or so I'm told.

I think it's a big difference, no offense. Musicians often have meet-and-greets after their shows, give online lessons via Band Happy and Skype, and lurk around in various forums. They are much more accessible. Though, of course, it's different for the really big name stars like Metallica and Megadeth.

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 06:41:04 AM »

I think it's a big difference, no offense. Musicians often have meet-and-greets after their shows, give online lessons via Band Happy and Skype, and lurk around in various forums. They are much more accessible. Though, of course, it's different for the really big name stars like Metallica and Megadeth.

I'm confused as to what you're saying the difference is.

The only difference I'm seeing is fame (unless you count genre or a small acting career on the side), but that doesn't sound like what you're talking about.

no

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 07:15:05 AM »

I'm confused as to what you're saying the difference is.

The only difference I'm seeing is fame (unless you count genre or a small acting career on the side), but that doesn't sound like what you're talking about.

Sorry. I just can't explain anything, it's not my strongest point.

I just meant that musicians are more accessible. But not the big names in music. Though, when it comes to metal, there aren't a whole lot of big names, and metal was the genre I was talking about.

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 07:18:13 AM »

Sorry. I just can't explain anything, it's not my strongest point.

I just meant that musicians are more accessible. But not the big names in music. Though, when it comes to metal, there aren't a whole lot of big names, and metal was the genre I was talking about.

Okay, I see. It sounded like you didn't know that Shirley was a musician but I understand what you're saying now - and I agree. Meeting her was more like meeting an actress than someone like, say, Mark Jansen.

no

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 07:22:44 AM »

Okay, I see. It sounded like you didn't know that Shirley was a musician but I understand what you're saying now - and I agree. Meeting her was more like meeting an actress than someone like, say, Mark Jansen.

Hooray Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: