Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Silent Hill  (Read 5201 times)
RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« on: November 06, 2012, 04:01:12 AM »

Has anyone else ever played these games? I just got the second one today and was just playing it for the first time and I was pretty creeped out! I don't scare easily (the only thing that's ever made me scream is Amnesia: The Dark Descent), but this was just so unsettling. That was probably mostly because of the fog and the fact that I didn't know the controls very well, and since I got it used there wasn't an instruction manual. It makes you feel very helpless! The whole thing is just disturbing overall. I think I'm going to like this game, though. I've been searching for things that creep me out since I don't scare easily. This is going to be fun.  Grin

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 04:22:23 AM »

Even though I'm a RE fan, I must admit - SH2 is one of the best horror games of all time. In fact, I think I liked it better than the first one.

no

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »

Even though I'm a RE fan, I must admit - SH2 is one of the best horror games of all time. In fact, I think I liked it better than the first one.

Looks like I have a lot to look forward to then, especially since I'm already creeped out!  Grin

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 08:46:48 PM »

Looks like I have a lot to look forward to then, especially since I'm already creeped out!  Grin

Yes... you have much to look forward to.... Wink

no

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 02:11:42 AM »

Yes... you have much to look forward to.... Wink

I'm just about finished in Blue Creek apartments! I'm trying not to use the handgun very often. So far I've only used it for the three lying figures in the empty pool. As a result, I have about 100 rounds lol. I've encountered Pyramid Head twice so far, but I have a feeling those won't be the last. I wish I could equip Angela's knife though! I want something sharp!

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 02:28:33 AM »

I haven't played it in a loooong time.... I need to get the HD Collection ASAP.

no

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 07:41:52 AM »

My first SH game was SH3 and it couldn't be more appropriate.

I was 17 at the time and I felt like I could really relate with the character of Heather, especially since I had just moved to a new home in the middle of high school.

It's still probably my favorite SH game in general.  The music is really good too.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 07:06:19 PM »

My first SH game was SH3 and it couldn't be more appropriate.

I was 17 at the time and I felt like I could really relate with the character of Heather, especially since I had just moved to a new home in the middle of high school.

It's still probably my favorite SH game in general.  The music is really good too.

Those are probably the two best things about Silent Hill: it's very personal and the music is great.

Consular Christovski
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 09:47:59 PM »

Silent Hill 2 and 3 are the scariest games I've ever played, even more so than Amnesia.

Unlike games like Resident Evil that just startles/surprises you by making stuff pop out, Silent Hill makes you fear for your character's life, and really instills the feeling of dread and constantly worried about just going through a door because who knows what horrors lie on the other side?

Seriously amazing games.  I'm sad the original Japanese team stopped after the 4th game, all the new ones are made by American developers who don't seem to understand what it was that made the original few games so absolutely scary, they put in so many guns you get overpowered, and the monsters look goofy not scary.   Undecided

The feeling of helplessness makes it really feel human, you aren't some super soldier, you're just a guy (or girl) in the middle of some super creepy mess.

Good luck!

A paragon and true believer in the powers of good...

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 01:22:23 AM »

Silent Hill 2 and 3 are the scariest games I've ever played, even more so than Amnesia.

Unlike games like Resident Evil that just startles/surprises you by making stuff pop out, Silent Hill makes you fear for your character's life, and really instills the feeling of dread and constantly worried about just going through a door because who knows what horrors lie on the other side?

Seriously amazing games.  I'm sad the original Japanese team stopped after the 4th game, all the new ones are made by American developers who don't seem to understand what it was that made the original few games so absolutely scary, they put in so many guns you get overpowered, and the monsters look goofy not scary.   Undecided

The feeling of helplessness makes it really feel human, you aren't some super soldier, you're just a guy (or girl) in the middle of some super creepy mess.

Good luck!

That's what I'm loving about it so far! And thank you!

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 10:59:03 PM »

Sorry for the double post, but I just realized that I forgot to tell you guys that I finished the game! I got an ending where James and Laura leave (probably the most common one). I really loved the game. It was subtle, creepy horror, which is my favorite kind (jump scares are cheap). My least favorite part was probably the prison, which I was stuck in for the longest time because I couldn't find the map, although the Labyrinth was pretty horrible also. I loved the depressing atmosphere of the whole thing as well, which is probably because James isn't the cheeriest of characters, and the game really affected me emotionally even though I had watched an LP on YouTube before. Angela probably saddened me the most, probably because one of my closest friends was abused by her father, although not to the degree that Angela was. My heart just sank when she walked into the fire. This is definitely one of the best horror games I've ever played, if not one of the best period.

Now I just have to decide if I want to play it again.

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 11:04:53 PM »

That game leads to manly tears, doesn't it?

And yes, you do want to play it again.

no

Consular Christovski
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 11:21:59 PM »

Playing it again is what it is all about! 

Personally my first time I got a different ending, due in no small part to spending too long looking at a knife.

A paragon and true believer in the powers of good...

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 11:33:40 PM »

I looked at the knife quite often also, yet I got the Leave ending. Weird.

I think I'll play it again over Christmas break on hard action and riddles. My sister will probably want to see it also.  Smiley

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 05:07:22 AM »

I bought SH: Homecoming the other day for $10... most people hated it, but I tend to like games that others do not... we shall see.

Has anyone gotten the dog ending in SH2 (or any ending involving Mira, such as Origins' UFO ending)? If not, look it up. It's well worth your time Wink

no

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: