Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Liberator and Kestrel mods  (Read 11291 times)
Aelde Renn
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 12:38:56 AM »

Nice combo, Wolfen!  The sig is looking good too! Wink

Wolfen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 04:44:43 AM »

As promised here are pics of the A/V switch close up. All are clickable.

Lit with lights on:

Lit, turned on, with lights on:

Lit, turned on, with lights off:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 04:49:08 AM »

I really like those switches, might have to try and install some on my sabers

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

Darth Ptera
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

You have no chance to survive make your time.

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 05:19:33 AM »

How did you mount the covertek clip onto the liberator? Also where were you able to get your soundboard?
Sorry if these are basic questions, I just ordered my first and I'm curious to what I'd need so I can acquire them before my saber arrives. Also having trouble locating sound boards, I would like to get a Sith one. Thanks!

Wolfen
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 05:40:23 AM »

How did you mount the covertek clip onto the liberator? Also where were you able to get your soundboard?
Sorry if these are basic questions, I just ordered my first and I'm curious to what I'd need so I can acquire them before my saber arrives. Also having trouble locating sound boards, I would like to get a Sith one. Thanks!

I simply drilled and tapped a hole where I wanted the covertech to go. I used a hand drill so it is slightly off center. I got the soundboard through trade on another forum. They crop up on ebay also. The interior of the liberator is very cramped and as the Yoda board is the smallest fx board its the only one that will fit. One of the economy saber soundboards may fit as they are generally pretty small.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 06:30:08 AM »

Does it require doing anything special to put that switch in? Sorry if I'm repeating a question.

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

Wolfen
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 01:08:16 PM »

Does it require doing anything special to put that switch in? Sorry if I'm repeating a question.

You need a switch bezel or control box in order to raise the switch to the correct depth to fit inside. Mine uses a bezel like this http://www.ultrasabers.com/Bezel-for-illuminated-switches-P448.aspx (hope its ok to post that link here)

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 01:15:52 PM »

It looks really amazing with that switch on it. I might even consider using such a switch on my own sabers one of these days.

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Oz Drift3r
Knight Officer

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 11:56:02 AM »

You need a switch bezel or control box in order to raise the switch to the correct depth to fit inside. Mine uses a bezel like this http://www.ultrasabers.com/Bezel-for-illuminated-switches-P448.aspx (hope its ok to post that link here)

Wolfen.... I have the switch, soundboard, stripped Liberator Smiley and all else required except a switch bezel... Did you use the one from TCSS and slightly mod it to suit? I need the bezel but dont want to fork out the $38 postage just for a bezel...

Any idea's? Oh and im just using an economy board it uses a momentary type switch... just curious what sort of switch did yours require?

The eco board from the OBI Wan is tiny..... under 17mm wide.... you could fit it in a choke Tongue

Phantom V2 - RGB
Initiate V2 - Violet Amethyst
Liberator V2 - Under Construction

Wolfen
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2011, 06:58:01 PM »

Wolfen.... I have the switch, soundboard, stripped Liberator Smiley and all else required except a switch bezel... Did you use the one from TCSS and slightly mod it to suit? I need the bezel but dont want to fork out the $38 postage just for a bezel...

Any idea's? Oh and im just using an economy board it uses a momentary type switch... just curious what sort of switch did yours require?

The eco board from the OBI Wan is tiny..... under 17mm wide.... you could fit it in a choke Tongue

Mine was actually custom made by a guy on FX sabers forums. The tcss one should work for you though. Unfortunately I just placed a tcss order yesterday. Had I known you needed one then I could have had it added in then mailed it to you in a padded envelope. That would have been much cheaper. Sorry.

Oz Drift3r
Knight Officer

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 04:08:58 AM »

Ahhhh why didn't i think of that.... Im day too late but its ok... I got a mate in Arizona, i'll hit him up Smiley

Cheers again.

Phantom V2 - RGB
Initiate V2 - Violet Amethyst
Liberator V2 - Under Construction

Marcos
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 08:01:00 AM »

would any of you know if a sith sound board would fit in it?
I'm new at this but would like to order a Liberator and be able to add sound.
also how are you guys modifying the pommel to allow sound through?

thank you.

Liberator ~ Arctic Blue

as I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for my soul is pure, and my saber fully charged.

Eternus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 02:50:31 PM »

Is it just me or does the Yoda board sound different than the other Jedi boards?

Dark Side points preferred

Catalyst blazing red
Oppressor guardian blue
Aggressor fire orange
Enforcer sunriders destiny
Bane RGB

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: