Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Had my first gig tonight.  (Read 2682 times)
TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« on: November 10, 2012, 05:41:51 AM »

Was pretty short. Just went in, put on what was hopefully a decent performance, bowed, and got the heck out Cheesy I'm used to being in an orchestra, sitting with a ton of people surrounding me, not getting any attention. This time I had all eyes on me as I projected my voice and head banged like a mad man. I have to admit, the attention that I got really made me want to turn tail and run, but I pressed on. Thankfully most of the people there were drunk, hehe.... Also thankful that it was only a twenty minute long gig.

It was actually very fun. I had never performed live with a band before, and it was definitely an experience I will never forget. So glad to have had this wonderful opportunity Smiley

Unfortunately it'll be my last gig for awhile. I was simply filling in for the band's original lead vocalist, who got sick a couple days before the show. My next gig will be with my own band, if I can actually find people with the same dream as me.

Surprisingly, the guys in the band complimented me on my vocals, so I guess all those years of practice really did pay off. I'm still a thousand times more comfortable with a guitar, but this makes me think that taking on vocal duties in my future band could also be feasible. Maybe. Just thinking aloud Cheesy

« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 05:45:42 AM by TheHobbitofDune » Logged

Zurth
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 35

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 01:57:33 AM »

What no video to watch?

lol, the best way to get over a fear is to confront it Grin and there is nothing wrong with playing both a guitar and singing if you can handle it. I was never blessed by the gods for a good voice or the talent to play an instrument. So I loathe your talents, and wish you the best of luck of getting a band together.

Lightsabers:
Dark Initiate V2: BR
Dark Initiate V2 LE: CG, VA
Dark Liberator V2: AS
Red SI Battle Saber: V2 FO

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 02:37:28 AM »

That's awesome! Glad to hear it went well!

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 03:00:15 AM »

Congratulations on the gig man! I hope you brought the house down! Best of luck in getting a band together so you can keep doing what you love.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 04:25:50 AM »

Pics or it didn't happen.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 04:27:47 AM »

Pics or it didn't happen.

Correct. I must visually witness it or it did not occur in my reality.

All kidding aside, congrats Hobbit! How many people were there?

no

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 07:45:37 AM »

Thanks a lot, guys Smiley

@Zurth: Alas, no video Sad  Also, I'm sure you can have a good voice or play an instrument Smiley You just have to work hard for it. I nearly gave up on guitar and vocals a couple of years ago because I thought I was horrible at it. It took me a while, but I was able to pull through and eventually regain my love for music in full. Though I still think that was mostly due to my depression, but that is a story for another time....

@TJ: No pics either. Even if I did have pics I probably wouldn't post them on account of how stupid I probably looked, lol.

@Luna: About fifty people. A lot of them weren't there to see us, but I think we turned most of them into our rabid minions  Cool  Grin I kid of course.

The funny thing is, we arrived at the venue super early. Like, two-and-a-half hours. After setting up and getting soundcheck over with, we just sat in the back twiddling our thumbs and messing around. After about an hour or so of suffering from anxiety, I decided to borrow the drummer's laptop. I went on Saber Forum, read through some of the hilarious and outrageous stuff you guys posted in various threads, posted a few things myself, and it really helped me calm my nerves Smiley So thank you, all of you. You guys helped me out in a huge way without even knowing it Smiley

« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 07:50:54 AM by TheHobbitofDune » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: