Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown.  (Read 2807 times)
SafetyTurtle
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -10

« on: November 11, 2012, 05:31:24 PM »

So, been playing this game for the last week or so and absolutely love it.
I myself remember the old game, didn't play it though...the older kids at my school when I was just a wee lad played it alot, but had it password protected on the school computers so we couldn't play and I remember spending alot of time just standing there watching them play.

Clearly the new version is a different beast, it's been made alot simpler in it's gameplay, ofcause with snazzy new graphics and multiplayer (which I haven't tried yet) and I gotta say I love it even though I can't really compare it to the old game.
I also love it cause it anoyes the hell out of me, it's a bit "tougher" and more punishing than most games you get today, and I really like that.

So, anyone else play? and what do you think of the game?

"To be a Sith is to taste freedom and to know victory."

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 05:37:26 PM »

So, been playing this game for the last week or so and absolutely love it.
I myself remember the old game, didn't play it though...the older kids at my school when I was just a wee lad played it alot, but had it password protected on the school computers so we couldn't play and I remember spending alot of time just standing there watching them play.

Clearly the new version is a different beast, it's been made alot simpler in it's gameplay, ofcause with snazzy new graphics and multiplayer (which I haven't tried yet) and I gotta say I love it even though I can't really compare it to the old game.
I also love it cause it anoyes the hell out of me, it's a bit "tougher" and more punishing than most games you get today, and I really like that.

So, anyone else play? and what do you think of the game?

I have it for the PS3 and love it.

Zurth
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 35

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 05:52:37 PM »

I want this game so bad Cry But my computer cannot run it and I dont have either a Xbox or PS3. Someday I shall buy this game, Someday

Lightsabers:
Dark Initiate V2: BR
Dark Initiate V2 LE: CG, VA
Dark Liberator V2: AS
Red SI Battle Saber: V2 FO

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 08:28:50 AM »

Angry Joe reviewed this game and even said that the original Xcom was his #1 favorite video game of all time. He also gave the game a very positive rating. I was pretty much sold at that point, after hearing all of the good things he had to say about it, and also because I LOVE Angry Joe (if you don't know who he is, then shame on you). Unfortunately, when I went to try out the demo on the Xbox Marketplace, I was a bit disappointed. It wasn't because of the game, but because my TV is too freaking small and I can't read any of the text. Also, the gamma is still too dark at max brightness. Still, it's just my TV's fault. This is the same thing that happened with Skyrim, only worse. At least Skyrim was playable.

It's times like these that make me wish I had the money for a new TV. Oh well. Oh, and if you're wondering, the TV I'm currently using in my room is a tiny Hitachi CRT TV with an extremely low amount of bells and whistles. Thing is an ancient hunk of junk, but it works for playing Halo at least.

I'm still extremely curious about this game, though, and I will try the demo out again in a few years when I'm actually able to get a new TV Grin

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 04:20:44 PM »

I'm a vet of the old game (and TFTD, don't forget it!). I spent zillions of hours beating the crap out of Mutons, Sectoids and Chryssalid Terrorists. I still remember the names of my first three crack soldiers: they were Cmd. James Parker, Col. Christel Unger and Col. Masaharu Okamoto, and they were like family to me.

Try and play the oldie, too. It's good. It's not old, it's classic.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 07:54:43 PM »

Try and play the oldie, too. It's good. It's not old, it's classic.

That's what I always think of them as. I love a lot of the modern games, but for me, nothing beats the NES era (I know, XCOM was on the PC Cheesy).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: