Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Filter question  (Read 974 times)
jcm007
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 12, 2012, 06:23:09 PM »

I ordered the accesory pack of the different coloured filters thinking that if I took the emitter off and poped in a filter I would have a different colour bean.  I have the "War Glave".  Well I went with what I thought was the logical step of unscrew the emitter then drop in a different coloured filter and then screw the emitter back on.  Well to make a very long story shor there was no change in the beam colour.  If any one has any ideas as to "WHY"  or where I zigged when I should have zagged I would appreciate hearing from you

Thanks

John

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 06:29:02 PM »

What color is the LED? If it isn't AS, you probably wouldn't notice a change in color.

The other possible issue I'm seeing is that, if I'm understanding correctly, you unscrewed the entire emitter and dropped the disk into who-knows-where. All you have to do is remove the blade, drop the disk in (on top of the LED module), and replace the blade.

no

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 08:46:40 PM »

The effect of the disks vary greatly from LED to LED, it doesn't always work. They're mainly meant for Adegan Silver blades.

Adegan Silver is the easiest to alter, naturally, producing a wide array of colors.

Blazing Red, Guardian Blue and Consular Green are pretty much unchangeable. Maybe with LEE filters, but the disks don't seem to do anything other than dim the blade.

The mixed colors can be changed to an extent. For instance, I can make my SRD a light green or a light blue, and my DVA purple or blue. Haven't experimented with others.

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

jcm007
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 11:04:24 PM »

Blazing Red, Guardian Blue and Consular Green are pretty much unchangeable. Maybe with LEE filters, but the disks don't seem to do anything other than dim the blade.

Hmm perhaps that is my problem the base colour on my war glave is consular Green?

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 01:09:18 AM »

Hmm perhaps that is my problem the base colour on my war glave is consular Green?

That would be an issue. Filters hardly make a difference on CG.

no

jcm007
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 04:15:41 AM »

Yeah I found that out the "hard way" (LOL)  Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: