Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: ROTJ Costume for Sci-Fi On The Rock  (Read 19676 times)
SJJedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 1

« on: April 04, 2011, 01:04:29 PM »

Hi, all!  I'm not sure if this is the right place for such pics or not, but I'm working on a ROTJ Luke Skywalker costume for a local con.  I'm pretty much at the stage now where I'm cleaning up loose threads, adding snaps, and finishing it up, so I thought I'd post a few images just to see what you guys think, or to see if you guys have any thoughts on how I can improve.

*saber in this picture is my green Aeon - made this costume on a budget, so I couldn't buy the FX version or build an MHS just yet.  Also, no photoshop or editing here - this is just how the pic turned out.

This is probably going to end up being my main saberplay costume, and my main con costume.  I'll try and add better pics once I have a better camera!

Aeon (Consular Green)
Mara Jade Custom, WIP
Luke ROTJ MR Conversion, WIP

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 02:53:46 PM »

Very Nice!  I like how it's simple enough not to look overdone, and yet it's got that edge to it that says 'star wars'.  And now for my stupid question:  Where'd the flap go?  I don't see any wrinkles or flaps to indicate where it folded to.

Gulcasa
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 7

The Big Bang Theory :D

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 03:36:36 PM »

Awesome Cheesy looks simple and still it says "Star Wars"..
in germany we would say it looks: "Schlicht und einfach" ^^ (Means: Simply simple Tongue)

(_||||____o|||||_/                                                             )
STANDARD ISSUE BATTLE SABERS!
(_||||____o|||||_\                                                             )

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 04:21:34 PM »

Looks really nice. Cant wait to see some full body pics with that costume.

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Smokiewan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -7

What's with the darkside points people?

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 06:32:18 PM »

Looks good. I like how it's mix of the two Skywalkers.

LDM's O.G. Anakin AOTC 616 conversion,'05 MR Windu ROTS,'08 HFX Dooku ROTS,"C.A.T.S"(Chewie's Auto Trim Special) US Oppressor v.2, "The Cheerleader" US S.I(Steel), "Billy" US Wraith v.2, "Gripz" US S.I v.2

SJJedi
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 06:43:28 PM »

To answer Kaiden's question, the costume from ROTJ was built as a few separate parts: The tunic, the vest, the obi, and the tabard, which all kind of go together.  The flap folds back down onto the tunic, but because the tunic is mostly covered up by the vest it's hard to tell from these shots.  I did all the parts individually so that this way I can wear it like the Jabba's palace version (with vest, tabard, and obi) or like the Throne Room version (which is basically just the tunic and pants).

Thanks everybody for all the feedback!  I'll try and have some pics up once the Con weekend is done.

Aeon (Consular Green)
Mara Jade Custom, WIP

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 07:02:10 PM »

Looks great! I never noticed there were tabbards over the vest before. lol Good work, can't wait to see some con pics!

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

SJJedi
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 11:26:27 PM »

Looks great! I never noticed there were tabbards over the vest before. lol Good work, can't wait to see some con pics!

Technically, it's just one tabard - it actually wraps around the back of the neck and comes down the front.  See, what I screwed up is the vest, tabard, and obi are all supposed to be the same color and same material, where I made the vest the same color as the tunic.  Oh, well.  I'll fix it next year.  Tongue

Aeon (Consular Green)
Mara Jade Custom, WIP

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 12:33:31 AM »

I can see how that makes sense. Poking around the Legion boards I always thought it looked like he had one tabbard wrapped around the back of his neck like that, but everyone always said vest when they talked about that costume, and I always enjoyed working on the less famous Rebels. Background uniforms. *stares longingly at half finished Pilot Uniform in closet* Though to be fair, I've played Solo once or twice, and I've got my trusty Jedi. Funny... I got all these and yet I never actually joined the Legion... XD

I am not a color...

SJJedi
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 12:51:35 PM »

I'm hoping to go Legion eventually, but I know this costume isn't quite up to snuff.  I'm also only using an Aeon for the lightsaber, because I'm doing this costume on a budget right now.  Eventually I'll do a 2.0 and when I do I'll apply, but this run of the costume was more a learning experience than anything else.

BTW, the pilot is one I'm considering doing eventually too...any idea where one might find the flightsuit?

Aeon (Consular Green)
Mara Jade Custom, WIP

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 05:42:55 PM »

Grin I actually know where you can get everything you need, save for the chestbox. customsprops .com has all the soft parts, flightsuit, gloves, harness, flareholder, etc, for reasonable prices and they are ALL up to legion standards. They have an ebay store where you can get it all. Smiley either customprops or customsprops should get it to come up in a search, or else Rebel Pilot or X-Wing Pilot Uniform. For the Helmet you can grab a kit from Richie's armor, or since you aren't in the states you might be able to go through Shepperton Design Studios (do that if you can! They did the originals!) and I believe elvis trooper has a website that sells the arm tools, flares, etc. It adds up to cost some dough, but if you buy it a piece or two at a time and spread it out it's all very affordable.

I am not a color...

SJJedi
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 11:29:00 PM »

Awesome.  I checked them out earlier today, and their stuff looks pretty good.  I might look at that down the line when I'm putting my pilot Luke together..if I do, I'll probably do up an ANH version but with the green saber, kind of like the Shadows of Mindor cover.

Aeon (Consular Green)
Mara Jade Custom, WIP

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 04:48:24 PM »

*shrug* I've always preferred the ANH saber myself. But that's just me. Smiley Good luck with that Pilot!

I am not a color...

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 12:00:50 PM »

All i own from luke is a very nice vintage Graflex 3-cell with some t-track on it.

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 09:57:10 PM »

A guy had a killer Luke ESB empty hilt for sale back at CIV for 30 bucks... *cries*

I am not a color...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: