Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: ROTJ Costume for Sci-Fi On The Rock  (Read 19675 times)
SJJedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 12:02:39 AM »

What's driving me crazy is that right now for Legion status on this costume the lightsaber's the only thing I'm missing, because I don't have the ROTJ FX version or an MHS.  I thought about adapting my Aeon, but it's not practical, and probably wouldn't pass standards.  Ideally, I'm looking at picking up a ROTJ cheap (Thinkgeek has them on sale right now) and sending it in for a US conversion or just buying one outright from US.  Any thoughts on what would work best?

Aeon (Consular Green)
Mara Jade Custom, WIP
Luke ROTJ MR Conversion, WIP

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 12:09:03 AM »

I'd say get one straight from US, but this is because for me if I bought one, I would be really excited and want it last year, and getting it straight from US is the fastest. If you wanna save though, go with buying one yourself and that will get you the saber right away. Then you can get into the Legion and send the saber in for conversion at your leisure. Smiley

BTW... if the costumes up to legion specs save for the saber... you gonna post pics of the belt? Or did I miss that? lol I always thought the ROTJ belt was cool. Then again, I love all the OT belts. XD

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

SJJedi
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 01:25:59 AM »

The belt is optional for the Jabba's Palace version, which is the one I'm doing.  I plan to have a belt done just for the hell of it soon, but I'm trying to get the Legion basics out of the way before adding all the optionals.  Grin  I plan to do the cloak at some point too.

EDIT:

Yeah, after going over Legion stuff again, this costume ain't a pass yet by a long shot.  Too many little details I still need to fix.  It should still be a fun con costume, though.  Manroon, I'm also working on a belt to go with this set and I'll try and upload pics once I get it done tomorrow.  Also, since I'm not worried about Legion status ATM and running on limited time, I'm going to do a couple minor mods on my Aeon to at least give it the right general color scheme.  Going to try and add a few bits on the pommel too, just for show.  Will update tomorrow, hopefully with pics!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 10:16:54 PM by SJJedi » Logged

Aeon (Consular Green)
Mara Jade Custom, WIP

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 11:57:30 PM »

And I was gonna say, usually the legion requires X number of the optionals to make the costume formal. Anyways, can't wait to see how it all turns out! Smiley

I am not a color...

SJJedi
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 12:38:15 AM »

Thanks!  And...yeah, I meant to have pics of the belt uploaded by tonight but I also had to sew a Boba Fett vest tonight for another convention-goer. xD I'll let you guys know when I get the belt finished.

Aeon (Consular Green)
Mara Jade Custom, WIP

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2011, 06:54:35 PM »

Cool! I actually gotta throw up some pics myself soon. I FINALLY found my camera again, and to top it off I just picked up an alice pack for my Endor Commando. PLUS... a lucky find in a pair of alice CLIPS so I can at last attach my pilfered Scout pack to my belt! Hurray for robbing dead Imps! lol

I am not a color...

SJJedi
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 12:55:38 AM »

I demand to see some pictures soon!  The Scout costume is actually the only Imperial one I'm working on right now...it's kind of been sitting on the back burner for a couple years.  Anyhoo, looking forward to seeing your commando!

BTW, still no pics on the belt yet. xD I actually ended up sewing not only a vest but a buttload of Fett ammo pouches, so my costume kind of got put on hold this weekend.  One week until the con, so I better get this done soon!

Aeon (Consular Green)
Mara Jade Custom, WIP

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 02:15:33 AM »

NICE, this has always been my favorite Luke Outfit.  Good job man!

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011, 02:41:46 AM »

It may not be Legion ready, but it's still pretty darn nice! Great Job.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 07:30:52 PM »

Yeah, fingers crossed and I'll have new pics of my Commando and my Jedi this weekend. lol I'll warn you though.... I still don't have the doughnut for the Commando, so it isn't very 'official' looking without a helmet. And my Boots are wrong. lol

Anyways, you gotta put up some pics of all this Fett work of yours soon! Sounds like you got some sweet skills turning out all these costume parts!  Cheesy

I am not a color...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2011, 08:07:05 PM »

I'm trying to get an X-wing Pilot costume together. One day we'll all be Legion members....

(Sig by me!)

SJJedi
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2011, 11:59:14 PM »

That'd be something, wouldn't it?  The bunch of us, in the Legion.  It'd be awesome if the three of us all did one in common...like each getting a pilot costume together, eventually.  We'd be Ultrasabers' own private X-Wing squadron.  Yeah, I could get in on that...

Aeon (Consular Green)
Mara Jade Custom, WIP

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -43

Darkside points please

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2011, 02:50:40 AM »

I made a very similar costume but included the signature sith robe and hood with mine :p. Where did you get the boots by the way?

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 04:54:15 AM »

That'd be something, wouldn't it?  The bunch of us, in the Legion.  It'd be awesome if the three of us all did one in common...like each getting a pilot costume together, eventually.  We'd be Ultrasabers' own private X-Wing squadron.  Yeah, I could get in on that...

Now that's what I'm talking about! I gotta get moving on this costume so we can get Ultra Squadron off the ground!

(Sig by me!)

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2011, 07:24:52 AM »

Oh.... my.... gosh. THATS EPIC!

I am SO in for this! lol Okay, to do list guys. Somebody should get Ultra's permission, then we need a Unit Patch (probably the US logo, though we could do something else), and then we gotta pick callsigns, numbers, and start assigning flights. XD

Oh, and I gotta ask if you guys are going for specific face pilots or generic. Cause the only flightsuit I got right now for my pilot is actually green, and when you through in my appearance and my SI I MIGHT just pass for Corran Horn... lol

I am not a color...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: