Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: ROTJ Costume for Sci-Fi On The Rock  (Read 19436 times)
SJJedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 02:07:14 PM »

I have no idea if/when I'll be able to get the pilot finished, but I so want to give it a shot.  I'll try and start over the summer.  The hardest part's definitely gonna be the helmet.

I made a very similar costume but included the signature sith robe and hood with mine :p. Where did you get the boots by the way?

The boots are actually just generic costume boots.  They're not completely accurate, and probably wouldn't pass Legion standards, but I got them here:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300511506088&var=600009563491&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

The boots look close enough for my liking.  They're reasonably comfy, too, and they shine well once polished a wee bit. 

Anyways, you gotta put up some pics of all this Fett work of yours soon! Sounds like you got some sweet skills turning out all these costume parts!  Cheesy

I'll put up images of all the finished costumes.  The Fett vest and pouchesf I did, admittedly, weren't very good because I didn't do proper ribbing, and made a lot of simple, stupid mistakes.  But it was kind of done on the fly, so there wasn't much else to be done with it.

I'm not actually all that good with sewing yet...I'm hoping to get better, though, as I keep practicing.

We've definitely gotta get this squadron off the ground, though.  Ultra Squadron sounds pretty sweet.  Yeah, once we've got costumes ready I'll approach Ultra and see if he'd approve us making the patch.  Any callsigns or numbers that you guys want to claim?

Aeon (Consular Green)
Mara Jade Custom, WIP
Luke ROTJ MR Conversion, WIP

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -43

Darkside points please

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2011, 02:56:01 PM »

My costume is on this page here Smiley I want to make a battle worn version. Cry
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=438.msg10884#new

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2011, 03:14:58 PM »

The helmet is definitely the hardest part. Although the Legion does accept the cheap Rubie's helmet, with only a few minor modifications. But I'm currently looking into getting a Richie's Armor helmet, unless someone knows a cheaper option for a helmet(besides Rubies' low quality). The design is proving to be difficult because I can't draw! lol.

As for call signs, I call Ultra 5!

Oh, and Wingmate, I was just gonna do a generic, but we can do some face pilots too. Maybe I should be Hobbie or Janson. Lol.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2011, 05:14:08 PM »

Wingmate, if you go face, you go Janson. He's awesome, often overlooked, and I think you could pull him off well. lol But we don't have to do face, I just brought it up as an option. I actually prefer going OCs myself, but I'll probably end up with my pilot having a green flightsuit and an orange so I can switch, cause Corran IS pretty awesome.

SJJedi, go shepperton design studios on the helmet if you can. I think they were like 150. That's not much more than a Richie's kit, and it's 100% accurate. You're outside the US so you can get away with it. lol Me an Raze, we're stuck with Richies. Tongue

Well.... callsigns and numbers.... lessee... If Raze is taking 5, and he's my Wingman... I suppose that makes me either Ultra 4 or Ultra 6. I like the sound of Ultra 6, good ring to it. If I'm not mistaken, numerically that makes Raze leader of Two Flight and I'm his wing. That works for me (even though I can fly circles around you all... XD). I guess for my callsign, there is only one option. Smiley Hotshot.

'Ultra Six, four lit and in the green. Forming up on your wing, Five.' Grin

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2011, 08:19:36 PM »

Janson is awesome, but so is Hobbie. I always thought I looked more like Hobbie. Plus Hobbie's helmet is my favorite, although Janson's is a close second, followed by Garven Dries(Red Leader in ANH). Ah what the heck Janson it is! The only problem is I'd have to get a second suit then. I think Janson would have to be a Snow Speeder pilot to pass for Legion status, and that's two different costumes according to the guidelines. Gotta get a job so I can afford this stuff!

Ultra Six, huh? I figured the three of us would each command a flight. Actually I might take Four, depending on how we decide to organize flights. I think it can be either 3 or 4 per flight.

(Sig by me!)

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2011, 08:27:16 PM »

I suppose it can be organized either way, but they always did it by flights of 4 in the books. That way there's a nice combat breakdown.

Break by Squadrons
Break by Flights
Break by Pairs

If you have 3 man flights, you can't break by pairs anymore. Sad  Though honestly, I don't think it's written anywhere that your number on the roster determines your position as a Flight Leader. I think I'll stick with Ultra Six either way. It just has a sweet ring to it.

Oh, and you could do Janson as a standard pilot. You'd just be listed as a generic pilot, formal status, and have his helmet. Standard X-Wing pilots can have whatever you like on your helmet. I think my favorite so far is the guy with the Full Metal Jacket helmet. And the person who painted a Twi'lek on theirs. That was cool too. lol

I am not a color...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2011, 08:40:31 PM »

That's probably what I'll do. I'll get a Snow Speeder suit eventually, that way I can troop as Janson. Although he was also an X-wing pilot. In fact, although not seen in ROTJ, it's accepted canon that he and Hobbie were both at Endor. I'm surprised that wouldn't fall under an EU version of Janson, since they seem to accept EU versions of other characters.

I know they're EXTREMELY lenient on the Rebel Pilot helmets. It seems to be the one advantage to that costume, that you have very loose guidelines for helmet decoration, so you can do pretty much whatever you want. I've been exploring the forums over there, and I've seen those two helmets, and agree that they are cool.

By the way, we're good at hijacking threads...

(Sig by me!)

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2011, 10:02:17 PM »

Yea, we are aren't we? Lol btw, you know the only differences in the speeder pilot unis are the gloves and boots, right? Then you just add the soft helmet and jacket to it. Lol

I am not a color...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2011, 10:48:35 PM »

Yea, we are aren't we? Lol btw, you know the only differences in the speeder pilot unis are the gloves and boots, right? Then you just add the soft helmet and jacket to it. Lol

I know. That's what I meant by costume, the jacket.

I'm having a hard enough time finding decent boots that aren't ridiculously expensive for my standard pilot! lol. And I need to find the suit as well. I can't sew so I need to buy a completed one from someone or find someone who can sew it all together for me.

(Sig by me!)

SJJedi
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2011, 11:50:07 PM »

If you guys are Ultra 5 and Ultra 6, then I'll take Ultra 4, if there are no objections. ^^

Yay for thread derailment! xD

Aeon (Consular Green)
Mara Jade Custom, WIP

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2011, 11:51:13 PM »

Allow my supply droid to help. XD

Go on eBay and check out customsprops. They sell all the soft parts for good prices and they are the most accurate ready made stuff put there. Then hit up sportsmansguide for the boots.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 12:10:56 AM by Manroon » Logged

I am not a color...

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2011, 11:07:17 PM »

I don't think The Rock would wear an ROTJ costume

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2011, 11:35:00 PM »

Of coarse not. I bet he'd rock a Bane costume though.  Cheesy He'd be a very convincing one IMO.

(Sig by me!)

SJJedi
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2011, 01:45:55 AM »

Convention's done!  I'm going to have pictures for you guys tomorrow.  Tired now. xD  Goin' to bed.

Aeon (Consular Green)
Mara Jade Custom, WIP

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -43

Darkside points please

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2011, 10:46:03 AM »

Convention's done!  I'm going to have pictures for you guys tomorrow.  Tired now. xD  Goin' to bed.
Can't wait to see Smiley wish I could have gone haha

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: