Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: ROTJ Costume for Sci-Fi On The Rock  (Read 19672 times)
SJJedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2011, 02:03:34 AM »

Here we go!

I'll upload more pictures as they come in.  The best pictures of this costume from the weekend were these, so I thought I'd share.  My fiancee runs a store that was one of the vendors at this year's Con, so I was behind the table all weekend helping out.  The last pic is me, my fiancee, and R2-D2 (because our table was right next to the R2 builders!) 

This summer I am OVERHAULING the costume.  I liked the way it looked in certain light, but the indoor light really exposed a lot of flaws.  Going to redo the jacket and pants in gabardine, and I'm going to redo the obi/tabards in a wool or other textured fabric, both black.  I'm also going to try and save up for TCSS components to make Luke's saber (because I really have decided I don't like the way that the MR version looks, and though Saberforge has a decent replica I've heard a LOT of bad feedback.)

Anyway...yay pictures!

Aeon (Consular Green)
Mara Jade Custom, WIP
Luke ROTJ MR Conversion, WIP

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2011, 02:10:25 AM »

Come on dude, stand up straight! Get that chest out there, square those shoulders. Pride man, nerd pride. Represent!

Costume looks pretty good, but I see your points.

I condemn infant droid abandonment.

What's your lady selling?

EDIT: Is... Uhm... Is your saber blade... dripping?  Embarrassed

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

SJJedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2011, 11:28:52 PM »

The lack of proper posture was probably thanks to the collective six hours of sleep I got that weekend. xD

Yeah, once I do a second version in proper gabardine and wool, it should look a TON better.  I made a lot of mistakes, but next time will be better.

I know.  I should have brought the droid home.  But then it might have run over my cats...xD

She sells chain mail jewelry, bottle jewelry, and other stuff.  A lot of the stuff she made this year was sci-fi themed (like, as an example, using a lot of Star Wars-based color schemes, and doing a lot of video game throwbacks with pendants and stuff).  I help her make a bunch of it, but she does the vast majority of the work while I mess around with the sewing machine. xD

And...nope.  I didn't realize what you meant until I checked that picture again. xD I think that's just a result of the image being resized.

Aeon (Consular Green)
Mara Jade Custom, WIP
Luke ROTJ MR Conversion, WIP

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: