Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: First Customization Attempt  (Read 1107 times)
JapzLapeno
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 52

Enemies strengthen you. Allies weaken.

« on: November 15, 2012, 02:03:14 AM »

So my wife decided to let me mess with her Dominix V2 that we got when we ordered grab bags.  I used it to experiment with removing the anodization.  I also got some O-rings to fill in the indented ribbed parts.  I was looking for techniques to remove the anodizing (since i don't really have any kind of hardware for anything like that), and read something about using heavy duty Easy Off and then applying metal polish to keep it from corroding.  That didn't work too well because it ended up eating the stuff off unevenly.  It also didn't remove it from part of the smaller area because of the way i wrapped the parts i wanted to stay black (plastic wrap and duct tape).  I ended up using 180 grit sandpaper to remove the rest and to make the metal look better.  Wrapped the sheet of sandpaper around the hilt, death gripped the paper with one hand, and turned the hilt with the other.  It ended up turning out pretty much the way i planned.  Thinking about using a 400 grit sandpaper to shine it a bit more.  She's pleased with the result and said she always thought the ribbing should look like this instead of being indented.

Now i just need to figure out what to do with my Aeon V2 LE.

"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: