Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Fate of the Jedi (and the future of the EU) Discussion  (Read 1354 times)
Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« on: November 15, 2012, 04:17:42 AM »

SPOILERS

That's your only warning. Leave now if you don't want to see all the spoilers in the universe.

LOTF has a thread now, so I figured FOTJ more than deserves one.

I just finished rereading the series a few minutes ago so it's pretty fresh on my mind. I'm kriffin' excited for what's to come as well, so I'll just throw up some of my thoughts.

For a while, I was convinced that the woman at the beginning and close is Abeloth, but then I snapped out of it after rereading Apocalypse and reached a totally different conclusion. Think about it - staring alone into darkness, unblinking... lighting a candle against it after a long time... you really can't kill an immortal, can you? I'll let others reach their own conclusions, but I'm fairly certain of who she is and even more certain that she'll come up again.

Jacen is still a douche. Eternal damnation should improve his attitude eventually, though.

Barv's death still made me tear up a little.

Ascension is definitely my favorite. I don't care who does it, all those Sithies dying warms my frigid little heart Wink Just kidding, but it really is my favorite.

The return to Mortis is making me giddy with anticipation and may affirm my theory about the identity of the opening/closing woman.

Somebody's already going to fetch Thul, I'm excited to see what becomes of him.

Master Jaina Fel. Yeah. Enough said, refer to the SOTJ Trilogy thread.

I really hope there isn't too much focus on Vestara, at least not for a while. Not until she's been forgotten by almost everybody.

I'm very interested to see what happens with Allana, the so-called future Jedi Queen. I halfway miss the days when Jaina and Jacen were mischievous youngsters and she reminds me of them.

The coming of the One Sith is approaching, I expect plenty of dramatic deaths in the near future. Yay. I suppose it's already come, it just hasn't revealed itself yet.

Abeloth isn't dead. I'm completely certain. Whether or not she'll fully return, I have no idea.

The Lost Tribe is still around, and it seems like Jaina's going to face some of them eventually.

No more Jedi on Coruscant. That'll be strange.

I'll probably think of more later, but... let the discussion begin!

no

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 05:01:16 AM »

Yeah I gotta start getting the books.

I generally listen to them on audio while at work, which means I need to start my audible account back up.

DarthAsphyxious
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

Come to the Dark Side...... We have bacon~

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 01:09:29 AM »

Id like to see some more adventures of Ben, personally. Maybe some solo adventures and some new abilities/force development as well as character development. There was a lot of talk about him in NJO, DNT, LOTF and FOTJ. At the end of NJO Mara said that he was meant or destined to return to Zonoma Sekot some day, and from the Legacy comic series we know Kol Skywalker tries doing something to heal the Vong or bring them into Republic society or some such. Though to be honest he did have a fair deal in LOTF and FOTJ I guess.  Wink

Will work for Dark Side Points.

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 07:07:16 PM »

A few more things that came to mind...

I find it hilarious that the Mother occupied the Son and the Daughter with "games and chores". I guess, deep down inside, they were just children.

Thuruht may have been telling the truth about the Celestials being in the Force. Excerpt is from Grand Admiral Osvald Teshik's final statement (from the Prologue of The Essential Guide to Warfare):

I didn't loss consciousness. I could still think and see. But I was no longer seeing what was around me or hearing the hiss of my ruined suit. I had a vision. I was shown everything at once - everything that had been and everything that will be.
   I saw great beings made of light, who could be everywhere and nowhere at once. They were vaster than nebulae and tinier than cells, and they assembled solar systems like children with toys.

no

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 10:35:19 PM »

Finished the books, I just have to say it was AWESOME!!

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 10:50:13 PM »

I really enjoyed this series - much more than the grim and grimmer adventures of Jacen Solo in the previous books. I've been collecting the SW books for over a decade, and so far the only ones I've not kept are the Bounty Hunter trilogy and the FOTJ books. LOTF was a great improvement.

Still, I wouldn't object if the publishers decided to drop the nine-book structure. It just seemed that some points in both series were there to justify the length of the series - and unless you re-read them before the next one came out, having to remember what happened six months ago in the last one wasn't always easy.

More standalone or short series will do me. I got about eight different SW books (including the last two or three LOTF books) for my birthday and have enjoyed reading about different characters at different times. The Darth Plagueis book, in my opinion, was fantastic. I'm looking forward to picking up the latest X-Wing book as well. Must remember to get it soon.

I know there'll be a new ongoing soon, but the EU is vast enough, and varied enough, to cover a lot of ground without it all having to be the continuing adventures of the have-to-die-eventually OT characters. There's few enough of them left as it is, and Wedge Antilles doesn't have much plot armour left to keep him from dying sooner rather than later Sad

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 12:20:53 AM »

I really enjoyed this series - much more than the grim and grimmer adventures of Jacen Solo in the previous books. I've been collecting the SW books for over a decade, and so far the only ones I've not kept are the Bounty Hunter trilogy and the FOTJ books. LOTF was a great improvement.

Still, I wouldn't object if the publishers decided to drop the nine-book structure. It just seemed that some points in both series were there to justify the length of the series - and unless you re-read them before the next one came out, having to remember what happened six months ago in the last one wasn't always easy.

More standalone or short series will do me. I got about eight different SW books (including the last two or three LOTF books) for my birthday and have enjoyed reading about different characters at different times. The Darth Plagueis book, in my opinion, was fantastic. I'm looking forward to picking up the latest X-Wing book as well. Must remember to get it soon.

I know there'll be a new ongoing soon, but the EU is vast enough, and varied enough, to cover a lot of ground without it all having to be the continuing adventures of the have-to-die-eventually OT characters. There's few enough of them left as it is, and Wedge Antilles doesn't have much plot armour left to keep him from dying sooner rather than later Sad

I agree with everything you said here, especially regarding the length of series. According to the list of upcoming novels (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_future_books), our wish will be granted... stand-alones galore, plus the SOTJ trilogy Cool

no

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: