Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: staff overall length  (Read 6785 times)
Darth Paul
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -6

« on: April 05, 2011, 01:37:08 AM »

Hey guys this is my first question on the forum! I am planning on getting my first saber from ultrasabers and I am gettng a dark standard issue staff in arctic blue and I had a question for all you staff owners out there. I'm quite short at 5 foot 2 so I know better than to get full sized blades but my one worry is that shorter blades will make it look like the staff part is bigger than the blades:/ what do you guys think?

Dark Standard Issue Staff - Arctic Blue

ShadowKatt
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 02:12:56 AM »

I don't have an answer for you but I SO want to see this saber once you do get it. It sounds awesome.

Darth Paul
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 02:20:45 AM »

No worries shadowkatt when I finish getting enough money saved up for it ill post a nice long review with lots of pictures and stuff because I think its going to look absolutely awesome!:)

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 05:59:07 AM »

I am 5'9" and I have a SI with the standard 32'' blades  it is total is 6'8"(two inch of each blade is in the hilt). I am used to 6' staffs.  Believe me it is big enough and it looks fine. Not sure if you mean you are going to try to get 24" blades, the total would be about 6' and would look to be divided into thirds(which is how you train with a 6ft staff anyway). Apart, the blades would be twice the length of the hilts.   You could get the Phantom Initiate V2 with the 32" blade, total length 6'2".  Apart they will look fine too, more "normal" but are also good for one handed wielding. So it is up to you.   

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

jsfetzik
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 08:34:03 PM »

I recently got a Dark Prophecy battle staff with 32" blades. My review is here. The total length for this one is 6' 4". I am 6' tall and it seems just right in size. I have a few friends that have tried it out who are shorter then I am, down to about 5' 4",, and they also think it is about the right size.

So unless you are really tall or really short the 32" blades are probably the best bet. Except for maybe something crazy like a War Glaive battle staff.   Shocked

Dark Prophecy Battlestaff - Fire Orange

Darth Paul
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 09:10:46 PM »

I recently got a Dark Prophecy battle staff with 32" blades. My review is here. The total length for this one is 6' 4". I am 6' tall and it seems just right in size. I have a few friends that have tried it out who are shorter then I am, down to about 5' 4",, and they also think it is about the right size.

So unless you are really tall or really short the 32" blades are probably the best bet. Except for maybe something crazy like a War Glaive battle staff.   Shocked

Thanks for the reply and great review by the way! I love the prophecy and that's a great color for it! I went and bought a piece of pvc pipe aboutt 6 foot 4 and it was still a bit long so I may try the initiate version and if its too short ill get some special cut blades:) I asked Emory and he said it was only like 5 dollars extra to cut a blade to any size you want.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: