Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Load 'o' saber questions  (Read 1206 times)
beans22
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« on: April 07, 2011, 05:47:42 AM »

I am in between sabers right now , the aeon and the standard issue and I have a few questions

1.I know the aeon is 12" but how long is the standard issue from bottom of the bevel on the emmiter to the end of the saber at the pommel

2.I do a lot of dueling in a djem so or juyo style which one do you think has superior balance for those styles

3. How do the sabers diameters compare, which one feels better in the hand

Sorry for my flurry of questions but I am almost ready to buy and This is the final decision

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 03:14:47 PM »

I just got my Standard Issue, so I'm still comparing it to my own Aeons/Dominix's, so this might be a little incomplete.

1) The bevel is located at about the same place as the Aeon, with the top of the emitter a little bit above the Aeon, and the bottom of the bevel maybe... a half inch below the Aeon's emitter.  Not exactly sure on that measurement though.

2 & 3) The SI is the width of the narrower part of an Aeon, and almost completely smooth, which gives it a very different feel.  The aeon I'd say is better for twirls and faster-moving combat because of it's choke point between the emitter and activation box.  The SI, however, I'd have to say would feel more comfortable for wielding two-handed, because it doesn't have the grooves or thicker areas of the aeon, allowing your hands to sit at relatively the same plane.

Hope this helps.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 06:47:01 PM »

I have both, and I much prefer my Standard Issue. Just my two cents.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 03:44:44 AM »

I honestly prefer the more interesting hilt of the Aeon, but for Djem So, you're going to want to use a beveled or otherwise shrouded emitter.

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 06:21:15 PM »

I always loved my Standard Issue, but, I do have to give props to the Aeon. though the Standard Issue is a lot smoother and a little bit easier to get your hands around. The Aeon does have those grooves around the hilt, so it adds a texture and feel to the saber when it comes to control. I would have to say that the SI would have more of a chance of your saber coming out of your hands. Since I am an emitter grabber, the Aeon also has a nice emitter that stops the top of your hand right underneath the blade, and it helps a lot for control. The weight is also about the same for both. Same with the diameter. About. I think the Aeon has a little less on the diameter. So for a Djem So style where you need more control, I would have to give my vote to the Aeon. though, the SI is no wrong choice either, the way the hilt feels and moves. But, I think for your case, Aeon would be the best.

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: