Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Creating Crystal Chambers build/Input thread/material ideas/sources  (Read 58901 times)
Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2014, 03:23:12 PM »

its loud...... like REALLY LOUD... ill post a short video soon

DarthCooper88
11th Disciple of Masamune
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -248

Old-world crafstman, Sabersmith

« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2014, 07:54:32 PM »

Ok here is a Vid of Cardinal Fang finished with a couple of custom fonts, one thing that is added bonus for crystal chambers, is that they pick up a lot of bass notes and resonance out of the heavy bass speakers (this one is plenty loud!)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNyFsslZml8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNyFsslZml8</a>

"You have been forged in fire, tempered in blood & come out steel" Brave Rifles! 3rd Armored Cavalr

Smoczywabik
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2014, 09:10:39 PM »

Jaw dropped!  Shocked

Hoooolyyyy .... OMG man this lightsaber is AWESOME! No, not AWESOME! Its Mega Ultra Extra Magnificent Awesome Great Lightsaber! Im really jelous! Cheesy
I cant find my jaw... please someone help! XD

DarthCooper88
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2014, 01:40:03 PM »

Thanks! That was a fun project that helped kill some cabin fever!, Onto the next one, this is for one of our Australian friends that wanted a unique style of reveal , I'm using a similar method for battery and board placement as the MHS reveal shown earlier in this thread. I wanted it to have a brass radiator finned crystal chamber. Now this is a bit time consuming, involved and a lathe is required. I started by hitting the local hardware store for some 1/16" brass sheet and a bunch of 4-40 brass nuts.

yes, this ate up a good chunk of a day including making the custom mounting tool for making radiator fins, I am quite pleased and itching to get this build finished

"You have been forged in fire, tempered in blood & come out steel" Brave Rifles! 3rd Armored Cavalr

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2014, 06:24:52 PM »

i really need to sit down and make measurements to more refine my skeletal design.... yes, i eyeballed my build... ... >.>.... or i guess i used the force when making it.... lmao!!!

DarthCooper88
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2014, 02:09:39 PM »

The completed "Power-core" this houses an 18650 3400 Ma AW battery, and a 27MM heavy bass rail-master DB27, I built in back vents for reverse resonance into the hilt which vents through the grenade section

I didnt like how shiny the brass was for the radiator (I polished them well to remove imperfections ) so onto a bit of Mapgas torch action to cherry red

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2014, 02:22:12 PM »

Wow More awsom work

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

DarthCooper88
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2014, 02:59:33 PM »

And the finished saber

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2014, 06:10:17 PM »

I just got an another awsom project to work on.

Its the crystal chamber kit from shapeways.
After I paint it and replace some of the plastic bits with some brass and copper tubing for the wires to run threw I'll put up More pics.

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2014, 07:11:02 PM »

Well I started scrach building a crystal chamber from scraps I had sitting around so here is a couple pics and a video

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-vXYDGu9h0E

Custom saber-Vigilance

luminousbeing
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2015, 02:33:03 AM »

Is it possible to buy an MHS compatible crystal chamber that sits between the LED and the emitter?

Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

Antron007
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 35

Give light or dark points and let the force decide

« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2015, 03:03:26 AM »

If your saber is MHS on the emitter end, my guess would be yes. I would like to make one and I think I saw one made from the vented coupler with a crystal inside it.

I want to borrow that idea. My plan is to screw it in between the main body where the LED is housed and the emitter. I am concerned about weather it will/how much it will effect the blade illumination.

It's on the never ending to do list.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 03:33:52 AM by Antron007 » Logged

Sabers I own: Customized Archon V3* (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with PYO, Currently set to GB; Customized Dark Initiate LE v4 (Stunt) CG; Apprentice V4 (Grab Bag w/ li-ion) BR; Graflex SE (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with GB, Currently set to GB; Menace SE* (DIY); TBD;

*Hilts I swap the electronics between.

Sabers/Hilts I want: Guardian, Chosen One SE, Consular, Dark Omen, the rest of them in no particular order.

"If you don't see me somewhere out there in the Galaxy slaying some form of evil, it's because I'm sneaking up on you right now." - Antron Mok

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2015, 03:06:12 AM »

Is it possible to buy an MHS compatible crystal chamber that sits between the LED and the emitter?

Archon owners use the vented couplers. Other than that, you'd have to go somewhere else.

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2017, 12:20:57 AM »

I have spent the good part of the day searching at local hobby shops and rock places looking for crystals that might be suitable for a crystal chamber.   I have a long way to go. Also went to the hardware store to see what i could find.  There are some great efforts made by some of the members in this thread.  It may take me some time, but I plan on making my own crystal chamber and putting it in a US hilt. I'm most likely going to find and empty US hilt that would work best.  Any advice on this sort of thing would be greatly appreciated.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2017, 12:56:54 AM »

I have spent the good part of the day searching at local hobby shops and rock places looking for crystals that might be suitable for a crystal chamber.   I have a long way to go. Also went to the hardware store to see what i could find.  There are some great efforts made by some of the members in this thread.  It may take me some time, but I plan on making my own crystal chamber and putting it in a US hilt. I'm most likely going to find and empty US hilt that would work best.  Any advice on this sort of thing would be greatly appreciated.

Have you considered growing a crystal (if you have the time) or perhaps dyeing some?

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: