Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ghost adventures?  (Read 3625 times)
Goldleader
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 124

I am a humble student of the force

« on: November 25, 2012, 03:53:32 AM »

So I have been watching this show, (and for those that may not know, these guys go from place to place rumored to have a history behind them and spend the night in total darkness and try to gain evidence of paranormal activity)
it happened to be on as I was channel surfing, and I always make fun of this show for how goofy it is, but another part of me cant go into the dark after watching itXP What is your take on the show? Most people say it is fake,
 but it makes you wonder, after a couple episodes, would you be willing to go with them and stay a night at one of these locations? does such thing exist?
personally I dont think the show to be the most "legitimate" but I also think that the deceased, passed on, etc, this kinda stuff probably shouldnt be.. disturbedXD

))]____o_))))))|_]=[|                               )

My Collection:
Savior/Obsidian
Archon/Obsidian
Arbiter/Obsidian
Bellicose/Obsidian
...and a whole lot of stunts...

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 05:02:44 PM »

Pretty much anything that happens in the show is probably fake, but who knows, maybe there was something real in there. I sure as hell wouldn't try my luck, unless I could carry my Lightsaber Grin

And fake or not, it's still entertaining to watch sometimes. One of my favourite shows was Animal Planet's Lost Tapes, which was about cryptozoology. They showed a short story each episode involving a cryptid in a "found footage" style, everything fake of course, and then scientists and experts discussing about said cryptid. One fun thing about cryptozoology is that a lot of the cryptids actually have a possibility to exist, since once thought extinct animals have been re-discovered and a lot of unknown species still roam about.

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 06:20:17 PM »

And fake or not, it's still entertaining to watch sometimes. One of my favourite shows was Animal Planet's Lost Tapes, which was about cryptozoology. They showed a short story each episode involving a cryptid in a "found footage" style, everything fake of course, and then scientists and experts discussing about said cryptid. One fun thing about cryptozoology is that a lot of the cryptids actually have a possibility to exist, since once thought extinct animals have been re-discovered and a lot of unknown species still roam about.

Oh my god I loved that show! It was one of those shows that you think sucks... then you have to watch another episode... and another... that's how all those ghost hunting shows are for me.

no

Goldleader
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 124

I am a humble student of the force

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 07:16:00 PM »

Oh my god I loved that show! It was one of those shows that you think sucks... then you have to watch another episode... and another... that's how all those ghost hunting shows are for me.

I find myself under the same impressions, one episode after another after anotherXD

))]____o_))))))|_]=[|                               )

My Collection:
Savior/Obsidian
Archon/Obsidian
Arbiter/Obsidian
Bellicose/Obsidian
...and a whole lot of stunts...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 12:13:31 AM »

Pretty much anything that happens in the show is probably fake, but who knows, maybe there was something real in there. I sure as hell wouldn't try my luck, unless I could carry my Lightsaber Grin

I've actually been watching that Lost Tapes show on Netflix. It's pretty entertaining, at least the first season and 3/4, the end of the second and all of the third started pushing it a little as far as the "found footage" goes.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 12:50:14 AM »

I've actually been watching that Lost Tapes show on Netflix. It's pretty entertaining, at least the first season and 3/4, the end of the second and all of the third started pushing it a little as far as the "found footage" goes.

Season 3 was, for the most part, just plain bad. The one with Quetzalcoatl was especially lame. Why they would consider a mythological god to be remotely similar to a cryptid is beyond me (and Jurassic Park sound effects? Dakriff?).

no

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 01:18:38 AM »

Season 3 was, for the most part, just plain bad. The one with Quetzalcoatl was especially lame. Why they would consider a mythological god to be remotely similar to a cryptid is beyond me (and Jurassic Park sound effects? Dakriff?).

Exactly, and a poltergeist? When did ghosts become Cryptids? An argument can be made for Reptilians(a specific type of Extra Terrestrial), I guess. And the Wendigo episode was also pretty bad(besides the obvious miss-pronunciation of the name, it's pronounced wehn-dee-go), there were points where I was thinking "Who the hell is filming this?",  and it was obviously a guy wearing a mask. Nothing like what a Wendigo is supposed to look like, though descriptions vary(he still looked nothing like any of them that I've seen), so I can let that slide a little.

And since when does the Beast of Bray Road look like a dog with dreadlocks!?

(Sig by me!)

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 06:13:53 AM »

Exactly, and a poltergeist? When did ghosts become Cryptids? An argument can be made for Reptilians(a specific type of Extra Terrestrial), I guess. And the Wendigo episode was also pretty bad(besides the obvious miss-pronunciation of the name, it's pronounced wehn-dee-go), there were points where I was thinking "Who the hell is filming this?",  and it was obviously a guy wearing a mask. Nothing like what a Wendigo is supposed to look like, though descriptions vary(he still looked nothing like any of them that I've seen), so I can let that slide a little.

And since when does the Beast of Bray Road look like a dog with dreadlocks!?

All of those were ridiculously bad. Poltergeist would've been okay if it didn't completely rip off every ghost movie/show ever, but since it did it was bloah. Devil Monkey was utter rubbish as well.

After the almost complete awesomeness of season 2, season 3 was a huge letdown.

I assume this isn't too off topic, but apologies if it is.

no

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 01:48:10 AM »

All of those were ridiculously bad. Poltergeist would've been okay if it didn't completely rip off every ghost movie/show ever, but since it did it was bloah. Devil Monkey was utter rubbish as well.

After the almost complete awesomeness of season 2, season 3 was a huge letdown.

I assume this isn't too off topic, but apologies if it is.

That Devil Monkey was horrible. I'd never heard of one before, I actually thought they made it up until I Binged it. Cheesy

(Sig by me!)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: