Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Halo Discussion Thread  (Read 24298 times)
TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« on: November 27, 2012, 09:33:05 PM »

I remember the first time I played Halo: Combat Evolved. I was at my uncle's house, and he was playing the game. The sights and sounds were like nothing I had ever seen or heard before in a video game and I just had to play it. My uncle and I fired up multiplayer and went head-to-head in a battle for supremacy. That was truly my first taste of competitive gaming. I mean, sure, I was pretty competitive with Goldeneye, but for me, that game paled in comparison. We ended up playing Halo well into the night, clocking in hours after hours of gameplay, and I still couldn't get enough.

Unfortunately for me my parents wouldn't let me buy an Xbox, or Halo, opting instead to buy me a Gamecube, which I still have to this day. My parents eventually bought me an Xbox 360 though. My first game was Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, and that game really got my competitive nature flaring up again, while also helping me gain back my dexterity and awareness. The second game I bought was Halo 3, and by the time I got that, I was totally ready to kick some serious ass.

The rest is pretty much history. I'm just a huge fan of Halo, and for me, it's the greatest FPS series of all time.

TL;DR...

DISCUSS!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 09:36:12 PM by TheHobbitofDune » Logged

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 01:39:10 AM »

It's been a long time since I last played a Halo game, but I played the first Halo when I was...oh 15. My folks were pretty strict about no M games before 18, but they made an exception about a year later for me. I have beat Legendary on all Halo games (except 4) and have clocked a TON of multiplayer hours. No, I'm not great at it, but I had fun.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 02:17:32 AM »

It's been a long time since I last played a Halo game, but I played the first Halo when I was...oh 15. My folks were pretty strict about no M games before 18, but they made an exception about a year later for me. I have beat Legendary on all Halo games (except 4) and have clocked a TON of multiplayer hours. No, I'm not great at it, but I had fun.

I was in the same situation, which is why I was so happy when my uncle let me play Halo, haha. It was our awesome little secret. I've also beat every Halo game on legendary, except for Halo: Wars and ODST (I haven't had the chance to play either). I've beat all of them on legendary completely by myself, which is probably one of my proudest achievements.

Heck, back in High School I would play a free online demo of Halo: CE in the computer lab ALL the time Grin Wasn't the smartest idea, but eh, I was young.

Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 03:59:11 AM »

As of right now, I own all of the Halo series other than Halo: Wars, and have to re-find my copy of Halo: Combat Evolved. Something about a RTS on a console seems weird to me, though in my stubborness to complete a series, I'll probably pick it up eventually. Also, I've also beaten each Halo on Legendary while playing solo. (Played through Halo3 multiple times Legendary with a partner also because my younger brother is just as good if not better than I.)

Overall, I love the games, and find myself to be pretty good at Multiplayer, though if I switch to another game (as I'm playing three different games right now on console, and another two on PC) it takes me a moment to get back into rhythm on Multiplayer.

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 04:49:26 AM »

Yeah, I know how that goes, Zephon. If I switch over to Call of Duty from Halo, it takes me a while to get used to the control scheme again and also to get used to the pace of the game and all that. When I switch back over to Halo I end up rushing a lot and have to tell myself to slow down. I don't mind though since it doesn't last too long. It also helps that I'm pretty competitive when it comes to gaming. Unless it's single-player or co-op games, then I just play to relax, have fun, etc. Though the competition is also part of the fun for me.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 05:02:14 AM »

Speaking of Call of Duty and Halo, here is an awesome CoD vs. Halo rap battle by my favorite video game song guy, BrySi Grin

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGY0l1k6WCA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGY0l1k6WCA</a>

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 01:24:50 AM »

This thread died pretty quickly  Undecided

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 02:07:19 AM »

I waited out in the cold for 3 hours, on release day, so my friend could get his copy of Halo 4. It was not fun.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 02:18:46 AM »

I waited out in the cold for 3 hours, on release day, so my friend could get his copy of Halo 4. It was not fun.

What a trooper, haha  Grin

Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 02:41:37 AM »

I forgot how fun and strategic the SWAT games were. Play my first couple rounds (on Halo 4) last night. Havent played SWAT since Halo 3 years ago.

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 04:53:37 AM »

I forgot how fun and strategic the SWAT games were. Play my first couple rounds (on Halo 4) last night. Havent played SWAT since Halo 3 years ago.

Halo: Reach SWAT is amazing as well. Well, the whole game is amazing Cheesy I prefered Reach's SWAT because of the DMR. I mean, it's all about getting a single-shot kill to the head, and a single-shot weapon is so much cleaner and fits so much better than the BR did.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 05:23:40 AM »

Huh wondered when a halo thread would start. I for one luvs me some halo. I own every single one of them from halo wars up to Halo 4 and beat them all on legendary except for halo wars!  Cool Granted I was never the best at it, always an average  player when it came to online, but it was always loads of fun playing with siblings and friends never the less.

I have found memories of linking up xboxs and tvs in a single room and playing halo 1 and 2 from one day to the next almost non stop with friends when we would have game nights during our middle school and high school breaks.  Smiley  I remember the first time playing halo too. It was at a small EB games store in a mini mall. Me and my brother waited in a 6 person line to play a demo and it was AWESOME! Me and my bro played The Truth and Reconciliation and  The Silent Cartographer levels and my little 10yr old mind was forever hooked on halo. A few months later my parents got us an xbox and a copy of halo and the rest is history.  Cheesy

Ill just leave this here too.   Tongue

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnfD1_L_Yns" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnfD1_L_Yns</a>

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 07:23:31 AM »

Big Boss, thanks for sharing Smiley Those are some awesome experiences.

Also, point for that video. That was freaking amazing.

Tasardur
Nerf Herder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 225

As a Jedi, I prefer Lightside points.

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 07:50:11 AM »

How the hell didn't I know that this thread existed until now? HOW!

I LOVE HALO!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

"The really bad words are filtered but thats about it. We dont bitch too much about casual swearing, but dont be an ass about it." - Ultra
Dominix v2 SY

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 04:58:37 PM »

I thought you would be the first to post in here, Tas Grin Oh well, welcome aboard Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: