Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Halo Discussion Thread  (Read 24302 times)
Tasardur
Nerf Herder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 225

As a Jedi, I prefer Lightside points.

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 05:13:31 PM »

I have clocked hundreds of hours on every Halo game that I have played (except 4). I am legitimately addicted to Halo....
I've been working about becoming MLG, as I am very competitive. I can't though, because my web connection sucks, both at home and school. I can play on live but the lag is miserable.

"The really bad words are filtered but thats about it. We dont bitch too much about casual swearing, but dont be an ass about it." - Ultra
Dominix v2 SY

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 05:35:46 PM »

Wow, finally another MLG fan. I used to want to be in MLG. I worked my way up through Gamebattles, which is an online version of MLG, pretty much, and I was part of a top-tier team for Rainbow Six Vegas 2. The team got divided though and I left. I then quit RSV2 and played Halo extensively, and I realized that was what I wanted to play in MLG.

Unfortunately I don't really care for that anymore. I am one of the most competitive guys I know, but playing professionally would make it feel more like a job than a fun experience. Sure, at first going to tournaments, having people cheer you on, and playing in front of so many people is awesome, but then it'll just feel like an obligation and I'll get burned out. That's what happened with Rainbow Six.

Of course I still love to watch MLG, so I can dissect all of the strategies and quirks the pros have.

Tasardur
Nerf Herder
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 11:22:48 PM »

I watched the Halo 4 MLG Dallas tournament on the weekend of release. Nov. 2 I think it was. I loved it. All the players are so good.

Amyway, yeah. I try to do gamebattles but no one wants a teammate with shellty connection, so until I go to college or come up with 10,000 dollars for highspeed, I'm out of luck.

Either way, I am extremely competitive and love playing to win. I always play to win, but I know that having fun is important and so I make an effort to enjoy things even If I lose or my score isn't perfect. Frankly, I like playing in silence, alone. I don't know how well I'd do with people screaming in the background.
Just hearing my little brother talk is distracting as all hell.

"The really bad words are filtered but thats about it. We dont bitch too much about casual swearing, but dont be an ass about it." - Ultra
Dominix v2 SY

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 11:30:48 PM »

I saw that too. Who's your favorite gamer? I've been a huge fan of Ogre 2 for so long now. He truly is the greatest Halo player of all time. Him and his brother, Ogre 1, were invincible in the 2 vs. 2 arena. They never lost a single match in their entire history of gaming. I also really like iGotUrPistola. That guy has an absolutely astounding shot with a DMR.

Also, funny thing is, I'm usually always silent as well, but lately I've been finding out that talking has improved my game somewhat. It gets me more immersed in a match and, of course, map control is key in Halo and requires effective communication and constant call-outs.

Funny story, a couple of days ago I was playing Halo: Reach with my friends and made a horrible and hilarious call-out. We were on Sword Base and I told him that there was a sword in the yellow lift room, so he went to go get it. What I meant to say was that there was a dude on the enemy team camping in that room with a sword. Needless to say my friend died and started raging at me, LOL Cheesy Moments like that are so priceless.

Tasardur
Nerf Herder
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2012, 12:24:21 AM »

I saw that too. Who's your favorite gamer? I've been a huge fan of Ogre 2 for so long now. He truly is the greatest Halo player of all time. Him and his brother, Ogre 1, were invincible in the 2 vs. 2 arena. They never lost a single match in their entire history of gaming. I also really like iGotUrPistola. That guy has an absolutely astounding shot with a DMR.

Also, funny thing is, I'm usually always silent as well, but lately I've been finding out that talking has improved my game somewhat. It gets me more immersed in a match and, of course, map control is key in Halo and requires effective communication and constant call-outs.

Funny story, a couple of days ago I was playing Halo: Reach with my friends and made a horrible and hilarious call-out. We were on Sword Base and I told him that there was a sword in the yellow lift room, so he went to go get it. What I meant to say was that there was a dude on the enemy team camping in that room with a sword. Needless to say my friend died and started raging at me, LOL Cheesy Moments like that are so priceless.

Lol, I love it when that stuff happens.
I have been doing a lot of callouts. I just don't like having extra noise that doesn't help me at all. Just mindless banter in the background etc. Callouts are one thing and talking actually helps me. Well. Me talking helps me get into it.

I love Pistola, Snipedown, and Ninja. Pistola is a beast with a DMR/BR and Snipedown and Ninja are sniper kings. You never want to see a sniper in their hands. I also like Bravo. He's just cool. Most of Str8' rippin was awesome and I really like them, not to mention the ogre team, and also Tower.

I'm having trouble remembering the Halo 4 callouts on some of the maps though. It's drivin' me nuts.

The only problem that I have with gamebattles is that they just set you up on slayer pro and tell you to go. Nothing but sprint, although, in MLG tournaments, they obviously have access to jetpack and thruster pack.

Dominix v2 SY

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2012, 12:31:03 AM »

You have great picks Smiley Roy is also an amazing sniper. A lot of people call him out for having an average DMR and BR game, but when he grabs the sniper, oh man, you know sh** is about to go down. A commentator said the exact same thing once and I was like, "Finally, someone agrees Cheesy"

I also don't have Halo 4 yet so I don't know any of the call-outs. I'll get it eventually but right now I have no money for it.

Also, that doesn't sound too bad to me. It's better than letting people on "default" button layout get a jetpack and start wrecking people. Everyone will assume you play on either Recon or Bumper Jumper and they always overlook the jetpack because of it. iGotUrPistola wrecked everyone before because he got a jetpack, haha. I play on Bumper Jumper myself so I never use it. I prefer sprint anyway.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 12:29:11 AM »

Sorry for the double-post, but holy crap. Just went 1 vs. 4 on Halo: Reach Team Slayer last night and won 34-18  Cool Made one guy quit out too.

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 01:09:17 AM »

Sorry for the double-post, but holy crap. Just went 1 vs. 4 on Halo: Reach Team Slayer last night and won 34-18  Cool Made one guy quit out too.

Good job man! I picked up Halo 4 yesterday and man, my skills have deteriorated! I'm still positive on my K:D so far though.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 01:27:51 AM »

Good job man! I picked up Halo 4 yesterday and man, my skills have deteriorated! I'm still positive on my K:D so far though.

Thanks, and that's good at least Smiley Also, did you get my message? Grin

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 01:36:49 AM »

Thanks, and that's good at least Smiley Also, did you get my message? Grin

Hrmm...I don't know. Let me go check lol

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2012, 01:44:23 AM »

Hrmm...I don't know. Let me go check lol

Okay, lol.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2012, 03:31:11 AM »

Cheesy

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Tasardur
Nerf Herder
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2012, 04:10:43 AM »

I am so happy...... That picture....just....yes.....

Dominix v2 SY

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2012, 04:24:01 AM »

Spartan teabags... the easiest way to thoroughly piss off the enemy player Grin

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2012, 06:02:58 AM »

So I've been playing Halo 4. A lot. The campaign was freaking amazing. 343 really outdid themselves here. But I'm sure this is old news. Anyway, I've been playing Infinity Slayer non stop and it drove me insane at first but I'm getting better at it. I think that the ordnance drops need to go, though. Also, one of the pistols is over-powered at close range. I feel that having a bunch of people running around with speed boosts, overshields, damage boosts, overpowered SMG's, and needlers makes the game a bit unfair. Also, two of the maps drive me insane. Oh well.

In any case, after 8 hours of playing, I've somehow managed to carve myself out some good stats: 36 game victories, 23 game defeats, 792 kills, and 634 deaths. I guess I must be doing something right, but I still suck big time.

Does anyone here have Halo 4? More importantly, does anyone have any tips for improving my game? I need help!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: