Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: How to watch Star Wars for the first time?  (Read 9312 times)
Nahal
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 11:54:39 AM »

I say watch them in true order.  I am a huge fan of understanding backstory as much as possible.  Especially with the next 3 movies coming out.  To grasp the whole fall of the republic, rise of the empire, and new republic stuff as it happens it wouldn't make sense to watch iv-vi then play academy and outcast, then watch I-iii, play force unleashed, watch the clone wars series, then watch vii-ix.  Watching them in order will still any confussion at the very least.

Grey Jedi Sam Adam
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -44

I am a guardian of balance.

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2017, 08:58:24 PM »

They sleep through the whole thing because they are too used to all of the unnecessary explosions and horrible plots of all of these new movies Grin Seriously though, I loved the original trilogy because of the slower pacing of the movies. I wish movies could go back to that.

But back on topic...

I think you should watch it in this order:

Original trilogy
Episode I
Episode II
Clone Wars Micro-Series: Volume 1 - Chapters 1-20
Clone Wars Micro-Series: Volume 2 - Chapter 21
The Clone Wars Animated Movie
The Clone Wars Animated Series
Clone Wars Micro-Series: Volume 2 - Chapters 22-25
Episode III

Reasoning: At the end of Episode II, the Clone Wars begins. The Clone Wars Micro-Series tells of the events that happen in the Clone Wars. At the end of Chapter 21, however, Anakin becomes a Jedi Knight. The animated movie/series tells of his adventures as a Knight,  so after you watch that, you can go back to finish the Micro-Series, which leads right up to Episode III.
I do believe that is exactly how it should be watched TheHobbitofDune. You are right on point!

GREY JEDI SAM ADAM (The strength to remain steadfast against all odds)
SABER COLLECTION: *Aeon Le v4 (CG) *Dominix Le v2 (BR)
*Dark Initiate Le v4 (GB) *Aeon v2 (FO) *Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 (SD) *Flamberge Se (BR) *Initiate v2 (FO) *Dark Initiate v2 (BR) *Aeon Le v5 (VA) *Manticore (CG) *Prophecy v3 (GB) *Initiate v3 (FO)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: