Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New ‘Riddick’ International Poster and Release Date.  (Read 1245 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: November 30, 2012, 05:40:12 AM »

The Fast and the Furious may have catapulted Vin Diesel to stardom (and launched a still-thriving franchise), but before that, action fans knew him as the mercenary antihero Richard B. Riddick in director David Twohy’s 2000 sci-fi thriller, Pitch Black.

That film eventually led its director and star to reunite for a sequel – The Chronicles of Riddick (2004) – which traded in its predecessor’s more low-key, atmospheric tone for a grander scale. The resulting film failed to meet expectations at the box office, but regardless, Diesel and Twohy have consistently talked up a third installment in the Riddick series, appropriately titled Riddick.

Now, courtesy of CineHeroes (via I Am Rogue), we have our first look at the film’s international poster. See it below:

Much has been said of how Riddick marks a return to the darker (i.e. R-rated) territory of Pitch Black, and the simple but eye-catching design of this poster reflects that. In fact, its use of a planetary horizon and a close look of Diesel himself serves as a neat combination of elements from previous entries in the series.

The film’s previously-released synopsis reveals that Riddick finds himself left for dead on a desolate planet. There he faces a deadly alien race and a group of mercenaries whose ship is his only chance for survival. The only problem is, they too are hunting Riddick.

Since nearly a decade has passed since the release of the last film, Riddick is charged with the task of reining fans back in for another adventure with Diesel’s other signature character (though a case could be made for xXx‘s Xander Cage as well). The film’s performance may decide the long-term future of the franchise, and it will be interesting to see if Twohy and Diesel have a hit on their hands.

Are you psyched for another Riddick adventure, Screen Rant readers? Sound off in the comments.

Riddick does not currently have a release date, but it is expected to hit theaters sometime in 2013. Stay tuned for further details on the film as it draws closer to release.

Source: http://screenrant.com/riddick-2013-posters/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 07:03:36 AM »

"Then you got to get sent to a slam, where they tell you you'll never see daylight again. You dig up a doctor, and you pay him 20 Mentos the fresh makers to do a surgical shine job on your eyeballs"

I will be there!

Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 07:06:45 AM »

"Then you got to get sent to a slam, where they tell you you'll never see daylight again. You dig up a doctor, and you pay him 20 Mentos the fresh makers to do a surgical shine job on your eyeballs"

I will be there!

Smiley

Escape from Butcher Bay was one of the best games I ever played.

My parents would have never bought it for my so I had to go to a friends house to get my shank on.  Cheesy

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: