Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Forum Team Up  (Read 25665 times)
BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« on: December 05, 2012, 03:20:54 AM »

So, after seeing the concept in Hobbit's thread about weapons, I thought I'd make a thread for you to list who you would team up with in a fight. So, I'll post a scenario, and you tell me who you'd want to team up with and why.

The Scenario:

Nothing so expected as zombies. Instead, BORG!

Here's the deal guys, the Borg have come back in time in another effort to wipe out the human race and in turn, ensure that the Federation is never formed. The Borg Collective has made landfall in Antarctica after their cube was damaged coming back into our time. They are now setting up shop there where they will assimilate the strong. All of humanity has been called upon to use their skills in an effort to repel the invasion. Each team will be comprised of two people, to ensure that if they get overwhelmed, they can kill each other and prevent the spread of the Collective. Who will you team up with?

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 03:48:38 AM »

Ben Ben Ben...the Borg?

That is a seriously strong enemy...especially for mere humans with current technology.

I am at a loss.

I guess me and Bear Grylls?

Undecided

A partner of a forum member?

Light side points please Smiley

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 03:58:08 AM »

granted, in the movie it was holographic but still I think Tommy Guns/firearms in general would be effective, as well as melee weapons.  I can't recall an instance when the Borg adapted to a kinetic strike, only energy weapons.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 04:01:48 AM »

Ben Ben Ben...the Borg?

That is a seriously strong enemy...especially for mere humans with current technology.

I am at a loss.

I guess me and Bear Grylls?

Undecided

A partner of a forum member?

lol, I figured I wanted to do an apocalyptic enemy, but zombies have been overdone. As to the team up, yeah, I'm talking about forum members. Who would you choose?

granted, in the movie it was holographic but still I think Tommy Guns/firearms in general would be effective, as well as melee weapons.  I can't recall an instance when the Borg adapted to a kinetic strike, only energy weapons.

Good point. I mean, their shields tended to be honed to the energy weapons. I'm not sure what exactly would happen with kinetic weapons, but let's just assume that we have found something that works against the Borg. Who would you choose to fight with against the Borg?

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 04:09:46 AM »

Hmmm I would pick...ummm...ME!

lol

I would pick someone with some martial training, some military training, and that I would not want to strangle in person   Smiley

Hmmm Lucien Kane I would think  Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 04:10:05 AM »

Good point. I mean, their shields tended to be honed to the energy weapons. I'm not sure what exactly would happen with kinetic weapons, but let's just assume that we have found something that works against the Borg. Who would you choose to fight with against the Borg?

Canonically, Borg have not been seen to adapt to any type of physical attack.  Worf dispatches several with rifle butts and his mek'leth.  Technically the bullets from Picard's Tommy gun were photonic, the holodeck safeties were off so they were basically real.  Nothing on the wiki says they can adapt to physical attacks that I've seen so I think our weapons would be effective.  The problem comes from their technology and strength and unrelenting behavior.  They'd also develop armor at some point without a doubt.

As for a teamup, I'd be dead weight, so I'll let someone choose me if they wish.  I suppose I could coordinate things but that's about it.  Cheesy

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 05:24:54 AM »

Common sense tells me to partner up with Nonymous, Artorius, Lucien, Rel, or Jev, but I seriously doubt I would be able to get along with any of them. Besides, I usually throw common sense out of the window anyway Wink So that leaves me with...

BEN PASS!!!

This is going to be like Army of Two: The 40th Day all over again Grin

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 05:27:55 AM »

Common sense tells me to partner up with Nonymous, Artorius, Lucien, Rel, or Jev, but I seriously doubt I would be able to get along with any of them. Besides, I usually throw common sense out of the window anyway Wink So that leaves me with...

BEN PASS!!!

Nice man Smiley I think we could do some serious damage! I've got a bunch of friends here on the forum, and would gladly work with any of them. All that said, I think Manny's Trek experience might help too. Maybe we just need a whole saberforum squad Smiley

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 05:29:01 AM »

That's a silly question... Artorius of course Wink  Better watch out, Borg...

Nice man Smiley I think we could do some serious damage! I've got a bunch of friends here on the forum, and would gladly work with any of them. All that said, I think Manny's Trek experience might help too. Maybe we just need a whole saberforum squad Smiley

I agree.  There are plenty of folks on here I'd pick if I couldn't go with MAV, you included.  Forum team, ASSEMBLEEEEEEE!!!!

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 05:32:15 AM »

I consider everyone here to be a friend, except... Lucien and I have had our fair share of heated arguments, Rel and I would be an odd combo by default, I think I could get along with Nonymous but I don't know him well enough, Artorius would probably ditch me for Nero, and Jev would... I have no clue.

Of course, a forum group would be the best option. We would be unstoppable.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 05:45:57 AM »

As for a teamup, I'd be dead weight, so I'll let someone choose me if they wish.  I suppose I could coordinate things but that's about it.  Cheesy

I'll Snipe if you'll be my spotter.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 05:56:11 AM »

I'll Snipe if you'll be my spotter.

That is a brilliant plan.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 06:14:28 AM »

I call SOTJ. Knowing a person - and their combat capalities - IRL makes the choice way easier. Almost too easy, actually Tongue

no

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 06:17:23 AM »

I call SOTJ. Knowing a person - and their combat capalities - IRL makes the choice way easier. Almost too easy, actually Tongue

Exactly, that was my approach with MAV.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 06:51:18 AM »

But I don't know any of you IRL  Cry

Though, I swear, Nero looks exactly like an old teacher that I hated. Don't worry though, you're awesome Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: