Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Forum Team Up  (Read 25471 times)
Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 03:12:44 PM »

ThreadJack. He's not far off from me so I can get to him quicker and get to the fight. Plus he is a penguin and can teach me to survive the arctic once the counter attack commences.... Alright the second part was a joke but...

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 07:25:29 PM »

Id partner with this guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Kyle

heya borgie, have some .50 cal at 2000m

otherwise, kane or solinus, both have military service and were ground pounders, they know how to move, they know how to shoot, id be comfortable with them at my back

If we get our hands on any long range ordinance, id stencil Aurek Mern Forn on every round

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 08:17:03 PM »

Oh, I'm loving this. Forum Team would be my plan, but for specific partner...... primary would be TJ. Secondary would be Daniel Anteron. Third up would probably be Jammo. Reasoning being that TJ is my wingmate, and despite our weaknesses we get along well, and both know which end of the gun to point at the Borg. Plus I know he's got a little bit of Trek experience, which would be helpful. Danny because I know of his incredible skill in STO, and his grasp of Trek is very good. If the Borg showed up, he would know how to react, he would know the weak points to aim for, and we'd understand the same strategies. Jammo.... Jammo is Jammo. I feel no need to explain that choice. Good sense of humor, good combat skills, ready to rumble.

So given that TJ has already been called, unless he wishes to override that call by picking me, I'd either go with Ben since he mentioned me and knows more than enough Trek to understand the situation, or Daniel Anteron as he's highest uncalled man on my list.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 05:02:18 AM »

Well, since it's a little unfair to call SOTJ (and more than a little boring, seeing as she's inactive)... I call Tas, my sidekick. I think we would get along well and kick at least a bit of ass.

no

Tasardur
Nerf Herder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 225

As a Jedi, I prefer Lightside points.

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 04:02:39 PM »

Well, since it's a little unfair to call SOTJ (and more than a little boring, seeing as she's inactive)... I call Tas, my sidekick. I think we would get along well and kick at least a bit of ass.

Oh, you have no idea. We would kick so much Borg ass it would make your head spin. We'd rip out there spines with our bears hooves.

Yeah, I'd have to go with Luna as my first choice, only because I know we'd get along very well and be able to coordinate mid battle. My second choice would be Manny because Star Trek and he be a Trekkie. Oh, and he be awesome, and we be gettin' along 'n stuff. My third choice would be Ben. I have an immense amount of respect for this guy (whom I've never even met) and would really appreciate his wisdom and foresight in a situation like this.

All three of these guys (I certainly hope) know which direction to point a gun. That's what really matters. Oh and I hope they all have winter clothing. Antarctica can be chilly this time of year.
If I could, I'd take all three of 'em.

"The really bad words are filtered but thats about it. We dont bitch too much about casual swearing, but dont be an ass about it." - Ultra
Dominix v2 SY

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 07:25:48 PM »

How about a thread hijack?!

The original Borg threat is gone but there is a virus left behind, this virus affects technology to the point of creating a hive mind...but the invasion is slow, insidious...once it reaches the internet all hell breaks loose.

Those who are signed on become linked to the computers...the only way to break the link is to destroy the virus core...as it happens the bulk of the Ultra Sabers forum membership are online at the time...we are all trapped, ghosts in the machine.

The world we are trapped in is a massive jungle like city of interweaving circuits and data streams, lights, flashes, energy, etc. (Tron-ish but less orderly, lots of chaos)

When ever too many forum members meet up on the grid it draws attention from the bugs, squids, and wisps...but if only two are together they can usually avoid direct alarms.

So consider your personal experiences, talents, and skills...these become one aspect on the grid, one power...what would it be?  (this is more about how you see yourself or how you would like to see yourself)

I will take the lead for examples sake...

21yrs military, good with weapons of most types, advanced martial arts, proven leadership, and lifetime artist...

So I am thinking the stoic artistic samurai angle...using the artistic approach to energy manipulation...a street level version of Green Lantern (no where near his level)...producing temporary energy effects (flashes, heat, force push/pull)...yeah that sounds more like it, Jedi level force push pull with a few light/energy changes...power comes from the grid, drawing it in to use for effects.

Energy effects would be within a blue to blue-green hue range Smiley

Another member might see themselves having super senses and can smell/hear/taste energy, another might sink or consume energy, one might teleport, another might fly, one may be invisible, another might get stronger or grow, one might use a light saber, etc...try to keep it focused to a type or form  (if considering TK, then please not the "I can do anything with TK" angle...define your aspects  Smiley )

Play with it.

If Ben wants the hijack to end I will make another thread lol

Cheesy

Fight the good fight and play on players!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:57:25 PM by Jedi Relmeob » Logged

Light side points please Smiley

BenPass
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 07:36:11 PM »

This hijack seems perfectly fine to me!

Now, how do I see myself in that situation? I tend to be the quiet thinker for the most part, but when the time comes, I came actually be quite the stirring and inspirational leader. That, along with the fact that I like helping and supporting people, and the fact that I have long been a hunter, stalking through the woods, I'd probably be a sniper similar to Zero in Borderlands 2 (ability to cloak for a short time, and also view sensitive areas on our enemies).

Of course, if y'all disagree, go ahead and tell me different Wink

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2012, 07:47:01 PM »

In said hijack instance, I would pair with Ben. My abilities would relate to manipulation of energy in the environment / program. By this, I refer to maneuverability. When it comes to the physical or mental side of things, that's been a thing I enjoy and a tactic I go for. Maneuvering around, through, over, under, etc to get to my goal. The easiest way to block a hit is to step out of the way. Wink To this end my powers would be similar to Rel's GL example. I would be able to manifest a weapon out of energy, ride a current of it through the environment, or redirect said current. The strongest of these abilities would be riding and controlling current, but redirecting it would not be something that could be used often without setting off alarms in the program. Manifesting weapons or objects would be easier to get away with undetected, but they would be weaker. IE my weapons could hurt the baddies, but the baddies could come up with stronger weapons without too much effort, and my objects would easily be destroyed by their weapons. These abilities would pair well with Ben's sniping both in spotter and covering fire capacities.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 07:50:00 PM »

This hijack seems perfectly fine to me!

Now, how do I see myself in that situation? I tend to be the quiet thinker for the most part, but when the time comes, I came actually be quite the stirring and inspirational leader. That, along with the fact that I like helping and supporting people, and the fact that I have long been a hunter, stalking through the woods......I would see myself as a young Prof X, with long range energy sensing, stunning, and illusionary abilities...could pick a target even out of sight...draw out or plant information, create centers of stunning energy that can be lethal to energy types, and force illusions that even affects constructs and energy types.

There I fixed it for you!

Lol

If you don't like it I will remove...(sulks and hangs head)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 08:01:17 PM by Jedi Relmeob » Logged

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2012, 07:53:30 PM »

In said hijack instance, I would pair with Ben. My abilities would relate to manipulation of energy in the environment / program. By this, I refer to maneuverability. When it comes to the physical or mental side of things, that's been a thing I enjoy and a tactic I go for. Maneuvering around, through, over, under, etc to get to my goal. The easiest way to block a hit is to step out of the way. Wink To this end my powers would be similar to Rel's GL example. I would be able to manifest a weapon out of energy, ride a current of it through the environment, or redirect said current. The strongest of these abilities would be riding and controlling current, but redirecting it would not be something that could be used often without setting off alarms in the program. Manifesting weapons or objects would be easier to get away with undetected, but they would be weaker. IE my weapons could hurt the baddies, but the baddies could come up with stronger weapons without too much effort, and my objects would easily be destroyed by their weapons. These abilities would pair well with Ben's sniping both in spotter and covering fire capacities.

Hey hey hey...how about the opposite of mine...you draw power from the voids or shadows between the energy and light?  This would promote the idea of cloaking, invisibility in some degree, and a way to disrupt the energy types with a grounding effect, like a circuit breaker.

Dark to my light...yin and yang...Smiley

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2012, 07:56:57 PM »

...I would see myself as a young Prof X, with long range energy sensing and illusionary abilities...could pick a target even out of sight...draw out or plant information and force illusions that even affects constructs and energy types.

There I fixed it for you!

Lol

If you don't like it I will remove...(sulks and hangs head)

I like, but if Manny and I are teaming up, I need to be able to do more than find the target and trick it; I need to be able to bring some boom Wink

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 08:01:42 PM »

I like, but if Manny and I are teaming up, I need to be able to do more than find the target and trick it; I need to be able to bring some boom Wink

Better with edit?

Undecided

PS
Trick it could mean "see your ally as an enemy" "to walk onto a bridge that is not there" "that there is a tunnel just ahead but it is a wall" etc.  Smiley

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012, 08:04:46 PM »

Better with edit?

Undecided

Oh yeah, definitely. Like I said, I liked the first edition you did. I just like having an option for a weaponized power Wink especially since they're Borg related viruses.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2012, 08:07:09 PM »

Play it more Legion of Superheroes (except for Superboy and Supergirl etc.) where each had a specialty but were much stronger as a team.

Not so much a "I can do it all" type.

This provides a reason to team up...super sensory guy needs backup...energy draining guy needs some place to put the energy...etc.

Grin

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2012, 08:08:38 PM »

Oh yeah, definitely. Like I said, I liked the first edition you did. I just like having an option for a weaponized power Wink especially since they're Borg related viruses.

More Tron than Borg lol.

Ben wanting to kill stuff...that is not very neighborly  Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: