Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Disney Moves Forward with ‘Tron: Legacy’ Sequel; Hires New Writer  (Read 2825 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: December 06, 2012, 06:07:03 PM »

Tron: Legacy was visually spectacular, but left some audiences cold with its less-than-compelling characters and plot. Nevertheless, after the film opened to moderate success worldwide, Disney was quick to announce a sequel for the project. The company even released several teaser clips and an epilogue to Tron: Legacy to help generate interest in the film.

Despite the potential for the franchise, however, development on Tron 3 (as it’s currently being called) has been relatively slow moving. A year and a half ago, Disney hired screenwriter David DiGilio to pen a draft of the screenplay, but since then we haven’t heard much about the film. Now, it looks like Disney is moving forward again.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, new Disney head Alan Horn has put the project on the fast track, hiring screenwriter Jesse Wigutow to rewrite the script. THR notes that Wigutow is a known commodity at Disney, having previously worked with the Mouse House on an adaptation of Peter and the Starcatchers and another upcoming project called Parallel. Wigutow is also working on The Crow reboot.

Getting the script right is the first step, but there are a number of other things that need to happen before Tron 3 can move forward. With Disney pushing forward on the project, you can expect the company to lock in its three stars: Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde and Jeff Bridges. Based on the teasers, Disney will also likely move to lock in Cillian Murphy to take on a larger villain role in the film.

Director Joseph Kosinski also needs to officially come aboard the project. Kosinski was involved in developing the story for the sequel and is definitely interested in the film, but he is also involved in multiple other projects. Currently, Kosinksi is finishing post-production on Oblivion with Tom Cruise, which comes out this spring, but I would expect Disney to lock him in soon.

Are you happy to see that Disney has returned its attention to the world of Tron, or would you have preferred the company delete this franchise altogether?

Source: http://screenrant.com/tron-3-legacy-sequel-writer/

==================================================

"This is going to be quite a ride." - Castor

MJ and I are so thoroughly excited for this, Tron: Legacy was fantastic.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 06:21:06 PM »

I am a fan of Tron to be sure.

I would love to live on The Grid

While slightly unrelated, I found this while looking for a decent grid pic...worth a smile

Light side points please Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 06:23:23 PM »

I am a fan of Tron to be sure.

I would love to live on The Grid

While slightly unrelated, I found this while looking for a decent grid pic...worth a smile

Adorable.

I'd love to enter the grid as well, you think technology will reach that point?

IDK if you've seen these but they're Tron-ified Superheroes.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/marvel-superheroes-get-tron-ified

« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 06:30:06 PM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 06:34:47 PM »

Tronified Superhero Hijack!...Tronified Superhero Hijack!...Tronified Superhero Hijack!...Tronified Superhero Hijack!...Tronified Superhero Hijack!...Tronified Superhero Hijack!...Tronified Superhero Hijack!...Tronified Superhero Hijack!...

AHahhahahhahhahaaahahhahaa

Seriously though, that is a really interesting idea to bounce around.

Makes one think of which superhero not shown above (I am thinking Marvel to keep it at home) would you want to be on the grid?

HIJACK!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 06:38:27 PM by Jedi Relmeob » Logged

Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 12:07:12 AM »

Yea, I remember when the artist posted all those Marvel Superheroes turned Tron. He said he was commissioned along with another, and he posted five of those. Ghost Rider, Spiderman, Captain America, MoonKnight, and Ms. Marvel. Definitely great work.

@Topic: I've excited for the new Tron, and I just saw the feed today about it. Came here, and Kham already has it posted. Haha, good work.

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 04:12:15 AM »

With his innate qualities in spacial geometry and angles, the energy beam, and overall Kick Assedness I vote Cyclops Tronified!

(sloppy I know, 3 minute fix)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: