Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Artemis: Spaceship Bridge Simulator  (Read 2813 times)
jjpprob
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 14

« on: December 07, 2012, 10:11:49 AM »

Hi Guys,

I've played this a few times and it occurred to me that it's the sort of thing that would appeal to a few people here, especially the trekkies.

Artemis is basically a star trek inspired (but not affiliated) game where six people turn their lounge into the Enterprise. You have six computers, preferably one with a fairly large screen which acts as the server and the ship's viewscreen. The other five computers act as different consoles, Helm, Tactical, Science, Engineering and Comms. One player takes each of these stations while the 6th player, who doesn't get a console of their own, is the captain.

There is a mode where you can play missions (and script your own), as well as a standard mode where you are defending the sector against enemy ships - there's up to four deep space stations you need to defend, but being only one ship you can't be everywhere at once, so the captain does need to make difficult decisions from time to time.

The game is $40 for a license for one full bridge crew, though there's nothing preventing you installing it on more computers if you have a new player who wants to join in or something - the guy who wrote it basically just asks that you don't go giving it out to people you're not playing with.

There's also a free demo version. I've not played the demo of the latest version of the game, but when I tried the demo a few versions back, it was just the Captain, Helm and Weapons, but the game mostly played the same. However, missions which required any other stations wouldn't work properly. The best thing about the demo? Put a video online of your crew playing it, and let the creator know, and he'll give you a free copy of the full game.

It's designed to be played on a LAN but it can also be played on the internet, too, it just doesn't have the feeling of being on a bridge that you get all being in the same room.

The game can be found here:
http://www.artemis.eochu.com/

Sabers I own:
Arctic Blue Aeon v3 Stunt

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 01:28:49 PM »

I love it, lol now i need to find people to play it with

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 06:20:17 PM »

Tactical reports ready, Captain. Phasers and Torpedoes standing by.  Cool

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 04:34:11 AM »

Oh man, since we're mostly far spread, it would have to be done via internet, but I would LOVE to have something like this set up for a couple forum friends

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 06:48:37 AM »

So would I! I'm actually really tempted to try out that Demo and send in a video for the freebie full version. I don't have a lot of people around here who'd be game, but I could probably scrape a skeleton crew together. My Bro could take Weapons, Buddy Ax could Helm, and I could Captain. Or any other combination there of.

Could be fun. And I'd love to play Weapons for some forumites online.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 03:02:44 AM »

If we can play it over the Internet I'm game.

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 04:50:21 AM »

It doesn't come with a manual steering column... Sad

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: