Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: War Glaive RGB review  (Read 6256 times)
Foxray
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -2

you cannot grasp the true form of calculus

« on: April 12, 2011, 06:07:59 AM »

This saber is HUGE. My eyes melted when I unpacked it because theres so much to look at on this saber.

This saber is trully awsome as no other word can describe the way I fell when I hold it in my hand. I'v had this saber for around three weeks and in that time have used it every weekend to spar with my friends. Anyone who sees it will want one.

Compared to my Shock LE the War Glaive is a monster. The hilt is almost 6 1/2 inches longer.
The War Glaive is built for combat. There is nothing you can do that will harm the hilt. In fact I found the hilt to be a very effective flail. Using it in this way did cause some scratches but the claws were undamaged.

The claws really make this saber. There held on with one bolt and two pins per claw making them removabal, but if you choose to leave them on they will stay firmly in place. During the day they shine in the sun and at night they reflect the light from the blade giving the saber a sinister look. The claws also prevent your hand from being hit sometimes.

The emiter has the deepest blade socket i'v ever seen from US. The socket is 4 1/4 inches deep; so deep that the blade runs through the entire emiter. The blades not going anywhere no mater how hard you swing it around.

The pommle is large and provides grip if needed.

The slots in the emiter let out lots of light from the blade.

The battery pack dosen't rattle in the saber due to it's snug fit. It also has a velcro band preventing the batteries from falling out during a duel.

All seven colors

With low batteries you can get pink and orange.
This saber is truly awsome. thank you US for creating such an awsome saber.
I do have one complaint though: when I unpacked the saber it had this geasy/oil residue inside. probably from a CNC process.

I follow the strongest side
sabers:
War Glaive - RGB
War Glaive - RGB
Shock LE - RGB
Dominix - Blazing Red
Dominix - Guardian Blue

Gulcasa
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 7

The Big Bang Theory :D

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 02:08:53 PM »

WOW!!!
Those colors looks awesome!
Very nice pictures Smiley not much pictures are around, where you can identify all colors by just looking shortly on them!

(_||||____o|||||_/                                                             )
STANDARD ISSUE BATTLE SABERS!
(_||||____o|||||_\                                                             )

ShadowKatt
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 02:13:01 PM »

It's hard to believe just how much brighter that red is even compared to all three LEDs on at the same time.

Darth Ryuyee
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -57

The Bolas Brood Leader

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 04:04:24 PM »

Sweet, I have a dark war glaive on the way with quick disconnect and sound!!

Dark Prophecy- Blazing Red
Dark Liberator-Consular Green
Dark War Glaive W/Sound-Guardian Blue
PVC Prophecy-Guardian Blue (niece's)
Dark Standard Issue-Violet Amethyst

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 11:01:16 PM »

WOW! the rgb war glaive is huge! the shock is so small compared to it lol

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

iamkiki
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 01:36:02 AM »

Fantastic review and you really made my night.  My first purchase was a War Glaive and as much as I love love love the way it looks, it is just too big for me - particularly with a 26" blade (I am only 5'4").  So, a few weeks passed and I ordered the Shock LE (it is on the way).  The size comparison was really helpful!

Foxray
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 06:07:30 AM »

To my eyes all the colors are the same:very bright. Not one color is brighter than the others, well not untill the batteries start going dead. In the pic with all three on the blade is actually white. It looks slightly red but thats because of my camera. For some reason the red just explodes on it. I've been trying diffrent batteries and found a sweet spot at 1.4 volts per cell. When the voltage drops to around 1 volt per cell you get some strange colors. I found high discharge Ni-Mh batteries rated at 1.4 volts and 800mAh to work the best.

sabers:
War Glaive - RGB
War Glaive - RGB
Shock LE - RGB
Dominix - Blazing Red
Dominix - Guardian Blue

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 06:31:26 AM »

That's not a saber....it's a freaking MACE!! (with a light blade, lol)

Congrats on your new weapon!

tiefling36
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 09:58:02 PM »

Holy crap, that thing is HUGE!  I really like pics detailing each color.  They really show a nice contrast.   How does that beast feel in your hand, and where exactly is the balance point when the blade is installed?  Just curious, because those claws have to skew the balance a bit.

Copper Enforcer--Consular Green
Custom Liberator--Consular Green
Custom Phantom--Guardian blue
Plans: Bane RGB

Foxray
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 04:22:14 AM »

Thanks for asking.
The center of gravity is at the choke with a mid grade ultra edge blade; at the top of the emiters slots with a ultra edge heavy grade blade.
As for feel its hard to say. Its not very heavy IMO(I'm used to using large swords). As for grip its well.....gripy. Theres no reason you should lose your grip on this saber. I like my saber's center of gravity to be on the hilt. Its great spinning for changing direction quickly unlike my shock le which is blade heavy.

sabers:
War Glaive - RGB
War Glaive - RGB
Shock LE - RGB
Dominix - Blazing Red
Dominix - Guardian Blue

Jawaslayer4
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 08:06:15 AM »

Great job on the review Foxray. The info was great and the pictures were awesome. This is yet another saber that I would like to own. I do agree with Caine. That thing isn't a saber, it's a bladed mace.

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -126

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 01:15:20 AM »

That's not a saber....it's a freaking MACE!! (with a light blade, lol)

Congrats on your new weapon!

That's for sure! Awesome saber!!!

"Malificent"--Dark Shock w/Sith sound__Blazing Red
"Carnage"--SS ed. RGB Raven
"Dominator"--Bane w/Obsidian__Pyrestone Orange/Dark Violet

Lord Neomorph
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 08:57:56 AM »

Congrats on the purchase, that is one hell of a saber. Your pics and review have made me want it even more.

Dark Prophecy RGB
Darth Vader
Bane (Blazing Red)
Raven SS (Emerald)
Manticore (Emerald)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: