Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 938200 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2580 on: May 14, 2018, 06:11:27 PM »

So when exactly did the description of the bowcaster change?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2581 on: May 14, 2018, 06:32:25 PM »

So when exactly did the description of the bowcaster change?

How do you mean?    Even in the EU it had them as firing projectiles sheathed in energy.  But there were variants made to shoot energy only.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2582 on: May 14, 2018, 06:45:51 PM »

How do you mean?    Even in the EU it had them as firing projectiles sheathed in energy.  But there were variants made to shoot energy only.
The part where ONLY Wookiees possessed the strength required to cock them, indicating that they had to be set for each firing, like a real crossbow. This is countered repeatedly by being shown as firing semi-auto as also by being fired by non-Wookiees.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2583 on: May 14, 2018, 07:29:05 PM »

The part where ONLY Wookiees possessed the strength required to cock them, indicating that they had to be set for each firing, like a real crossbow. This is countered repeatedly by being shown as firing semi-auto as also by being fired by non-Wookiees.

As far as I can tell, Han was the only human to use a Bowcaster..and since it was Chewies, I'm assuming it was tweaked from its original design to be lighter.  Embo on the other hand is a Kyuzo.  From Wookiepedia

"the Kyuzo originated on the gravity-heavy[3] Outer Rim world[2] of Phatrong.[4] Life under these circumstances resulted in the evolution of dense muscle fibers[3] far better developed than the average bipedal species'[6] and fast reflexes, which made them dangerous opponents on planets with standard gravity,[3] though their thin arms and legs concealed their considerable strength"

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2584 on: May 14, 2018, 07:52:25 PM »

As far as I can tell, Han was the only human to use a Bowcaster..and since it was Chewies, I'm assuming it was tweaked from its original design to be lighter.  Embo on the other hand is a Kyuzo.  From Wookiepedia

"the Kyuzo originated on the gravity-heavy[3] Outer Rim world[2] of Phatrong.[4] Life under these circumstances resulted in the evolution of dense muscle fibers[3] far better developed than the average bipedal species'[6] and fast reflexes, which made them dangerous opponents on planets with standard gravity,[3] though their thin arms and legs concealed their considerable strength"

Did some more research, some bowcasters were modified to fire pure energy, which Chewie's definitely looked to do, which may explain Han's being able to fire.

For the rest of it, here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bowcaster/Legends

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2585 on: May 14, 2018, 08:06:40 PM »

Embo is one of the coolest bounty hunters in SW. Definitely top 3.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2586 on: May 14, 2018, 08:11:32 PM »

Embo is one of the coolest bounty hunters in SW. Definitely top 3.
He's my #1. Mainly because he wasn't a lot of talk with a bad attitude. He let his actions speak for him. Plus, he knew how to be discerning when choosing his gear.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2587 on: May 14, 2018, 08:15:10 PM »

He's my #1. Mainly because he wasn't a lot of talk with a bad attitude. He let his actions speak for him. Plus, he knew how to be discerning when choosing his gear.

My top three are Boba Fett, Cad Bane, and Embo (not necessarily in that order). Not having played any of the Old Republic games, I have no way of knowing if there is someone in that time period that can steal one of the top 3 slots.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2588 on: May 14, 2018, 09:29:04 PM »

My top three are Boba Fett, Cad Bane, and Embo (not necessarily in that order). Not having played any of the Old Republic games, I have no way of knowing if there is someone in that time period that can steal one of the top 3 slots.

This Lovely Lady might could....

http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Shae_Vizla

Embo is on my top 5 Characters that came out of the Clone Wars.  I love the fact he is based on Kyūzō from the Seven Samurai.

Anyone else thing Cad Bane looked a bit like Bill Nighy...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2589 on: May 15, 2018, 02:08:48 PM »

This Lovely Lady might could....

http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Shae_Vizla

1) Wrong time period. She's TOR, Taegin is talking TCW.
2) I suddenly have an urge to post a bounty on my own head. Grin

Anyone else think Cad Bane looked a bit like Bill Nighy...

OMG! Refresh my mem: Bane survived the CW era, correct? Of all the useless throwbacks Disney throws into the new movies, I would not object to Nighy playing Bane at all, provided that he has a significant role. The only down side to Nighy would be his hands.

Sig by For Tyeth

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #2590 on: May 15, 2018, 02:44:35 PM »

My top three are Boba Fett, Cad Bane, and Embo (not necessarily in that order).

mine are (in order) Embo, Jango, and Boba.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2591 on: May 15, 2018, 04:23:48 PM »

2) I suddenly have an urge to post a bounty on my own head. Grin

OMG! Refresh my mem: Bane survived the CW era, correct? Of all the useless throwbacks Disney throws into the new movies, I would not object to Nighy playing Bane at all, provided that he has a significant role. The only down side to Nighy would be his hands.

As far as I know..nothing has been said about his death except in a deleted scene.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2592 on: May 15, 2018, 05:32:46 PM »

If you read my post, you will see that I was not limiting my top 3 to just TCW. I just don't know of anyone outside of that time period.

I'd love to see Cad in something live action.

As far as I know..nothing has been said about his death except in a deleted scene.

I think you are right. His deleted scene death would have been awesome though.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2593 on: May 15, 2018, 06:09:26 PM »

If you read my post, you will see that I was not limiting my top 3 to just TCW. I just don't know of anyone outside of that time period.
But that takes effort. Tongue

The Huntress (who eventually became Darth Cognus) was a formidable Iktochi bounty hunter. She had tracking abilities similar to Quinlan Vos, only more powerful. If memory serves, once she had the "scent" of a being's presence in the Force, she could pretty much locate anyone in the galaxy.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #2594 on: May 15, 2018, 06:11:09 PM »

But that takes effort. Tongue

The Huntress (who eventually became Darth Cognus) was a formidable Iktochi bounty hunter. She had tracking abilities similar to Quinlan Vos, only more powerful. If memory serves, once she had the "scent" of a being's presence in the Force, she could pretty much locate anyone in the galaxy.
Thanks for the SPOILER Logos, since, you know, I'm reading that right now  Tongue

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: