Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 940628 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2625 on: July 20, 2018, 09:11:11 PM »

Going by Ahsoka standing next to Bo Katan I'm pretty sure this is the Liberation of Mandalore that was mentioned in the Ahsoka Novel and by Rex in Rebels.  Which means Ahsoka vs Maul...
Yay. Disney novel references. Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2626 on: July 20, 2018, 09:22:31 PM »

Yay. Disney novel references. Undecided

Good Disney novel reference.  Currently there are only 3.  Ahsoka, Thrawn and Dark Disciple...Thrawn alliances will be out soon and I'm sure it will be 4.   But the liberation of mandalore was something Filoni already had planned for the Clone Wars series.  He even said some time ago had he the show continued Ahsoka would have teamed up with Bo Katan...  and here it is.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2627 on: July 23, 2018, 12:49:39 PM »

Good Disney novel reference.  Currently there are only 3.  Ahsoka, Thrawn and Dark Disciple...Thrawn alliances will be out soon and I'm sure it will be 4.   But the liberation of mandalore was something Filoni already had planned for the Clone Wars series.  He even said some time ago had he the show continued Ahsoka would have teamed up with Bo Katan...  and here it is.
That doesn't give me much hope. I gave TCU a C- back when it was "based" on the OC.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #2628 on: July 23, 2018, 08:30:23 PM »

I made some sorting in my books today ... but i stopped as i found the book one of Legacy  Grin

I really love Legacy Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2629 on: July 23, 2018, 09:31:01 PM »

That doesn't give me much hope. I gave TCU a C- back when it was "based" on the OC.

I think you do these things just to make my eye tick

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2630 on: July 24, 2018, 02:34:42 PM »

I think you do these things just to make my eye tick
My mood swings from day to day. I do admit that TCW was a bit more enjoyable rewatching in chrono-order. I think my initial viewing fell in the valley of "did not meet expectations" after all the hype I heard over it. For the most part I sat there picking over "that's not how it works", "that was stupid", or "WTF?" I would be happiest if they could just make a show that has an awesome story, great characters, NO new tech, NO new species, NO JUMPED SHARKS. It worked worked wonders on Downton Abbey. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #2631 on: July 26, 2018, 02:06:26 PM »

Was watching a compilation of lightsaber fights from Ep1-6 and I had this very random thought....    On Naboo, when the blast doors into the hanger open and Darth Maul is standing there, there are two dozen armed commando-types all just standing there, staring.    Why didn't they just blast him?  I mean, c'mon!  He wasn't even combat ready.  If they'd just immediately started firing, there's a good chance they would have taken him down right there.

Then they continue their infiltration with the Jedi in support, and that part goes better as well. 

bonus: Qui Gon doesn't die.

Oh, wait.  yeah.  Forgot, that was the point: Qui Gon dies, so Obi Wan can take Anakin as his padawan without the proper experience to do the job right.  Otherwise Qui Gon ends up raising Anakin, and that whole Darth Vader thing never happens...

Hmm....

I feel a fanfic coming on....

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2632 on: July 26, 2018, 08:36:18 AM »

Was watching a compilation of lightsaber fights from Ep1-6 and I had this very random thought....    On Naboo, when the blast doors into the hanger open and Darth Maul is standing there, there are two dozen armed commando-types all just standing there, staring.    Why didn't they just blast him?  I mean, c'mon!  He wasn't even combat ready.  If they'd just immediately started firing, there's a good chance they would have taken him down right there.

Then they continue their infiltration with the Jedi in support, and that part goes better as well. 

bonus: Qui Gon doesn't die.

Oh, wait.  yeah.  Forgot, that was the point: Qui Gon dies, so Obi Wan can take Anakin as his padawan without the proper experience to do the job right.  Otherwise Qui Gon ends up raising Anakin, and that whole Darth Vader thing never happens...

Hmm....

I feel a fanfic coming on....
Think about it more. Darth Maul is Sith trained. Think to his epic dismount off the speeder in the desert. Saber in hand and on before he ever touches the ground. If the Naboo had attacked him, it is likely that he would have dodged their shots, then proceeded to deflect their assault back at them, killing them, the Jedi, and Anakin's gf. Which means no Luke and Leia, R2 and 3PO never hook up, DS plans aren't delivered to the Rebellion. (Congrats you just gift wrapped the galaxy to the Sith.)

Qui Gon knew that the "normals" were no match for Maul. By keeping Maul's attention on a duel, he allowed the insurgents a better chance of survival, and we got 5 more good movies out of it.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2633 on: July 26, 2018, 04:32:46 PM »

Think about it more. Darth Maul is Sith trained. Think to his epic dismount off the speeder in the desert. Saber in hand and on before he ever touches the ground. If the Naboo had attacked him, it is likely that he would have dodged their shots, then proceeded to deflect their assault back at them, killing them, the Jedi, and Anakin's gf. Which means no Luke and Leia, R2 and 3PO never hook up, DS plans aren't delivered to the Rebellion. (Congrats you just gift wrapped the galaxy to the Sith.)

Qui Gon knew that the "normals" were no match for Maul. By keeping Maul's attention on a duel, he allowed the insurgents a better chance of survival, and we got 5 more good movies out of it.

I concur with my esteemed colleague.  The Naboo soldiers were most likely aware at this point who that was standing there (pre-mission briefing, I have no doubt Qui-Gon informed them).  Maul might not have gotten his saber out to block the first volley but your assuming he would just stand there.  Most likely a force leap, drawn saber, lands among them...decimation.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #2634 on: July 26, 2018, 04:57:51 PM »

That makes sense.  Smiley   It just doesn't seem ... normal to me.   These guys were coming off of combat.  Adrenaline pumping, weapons hot in their hands...  It seemed odd that they all just stopped and stared...

Must have been the horns.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2635 on: July 26, 2018, 10:43:24 AM »

If I'm not mistaken, Panaka stopped, and they all followed suit. Panaka had already seen Maul on Tatooine, and knew how dangerous he was.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2636 on: July 26, 2018, 11:46:29 AM »

If I'm not mistaken, Panaka stopped, and they all followed suit. Panaka had already seen Maul on Tatooine, and knew how dangerous he was.

Aye.  He stopped and even slightly threw his arms out.  Perhaps to steady himself but also could have been a signal.  Hot off combat, but still trained soldiers.  They aren't just going to fire at will without orders...especially with the Queen right there in front of them.   Plus, I'm sure the Malice pouring off Maul was such even then normies felt it.  Hell, Leia sensed it decades later when she went to Naboo.

Know its been shared before but its just too awesome not to share again...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWUrl7FpkAo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWUrl7FpkAo</a>

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #2637 on: July 26, 2018, 08:53:04 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWUrl7FpkAo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWUrl7FpkAo</a>

YEEEEESSSSS!!!!!! Now I know what to watch every morning to get pumped for the day. I could put that on repeat for hours. I might have to re-record it with extra heavy guitar though since I know how to play the original. You just earned yourself a point my friend.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #2638 on: July 27, 2018, 08:27:04 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWUrl7FpkAos" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWUrl7FpkAos</a>

Woah.... I can't describe the look of utter glee on my face after watching that. Simply put, EPIC!

Just finished Darth Plagueis, a very well put together SW novel. Didn't realize going into it how infused with dark side characterization it would be, so much information about the dark side and the behind the scenes workings of the Sith pulling from the Force. I had to remind myself multiple times while reading that it wasn't canon, and every time I did I frowned a little. It just feels canon and such a shame that we got a great look at Plaugeis only to have it wrenched away to decanonization. Would love to see Plaugueis on the big screen somehow.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #2639 on: July 28, 2018, 03:49:32 PM »

Woah.... I can't describe the look of utter glee on my face after watching that. Simply put, EPIC!

Just finished Darth Plagueis, a very well put together SW novel. Didn't realize going into it how infused with dark side characterization it would be, so much information about the dark side and the behind the scenes workings of the Sith pulling from the Force. I had to remind myself multiple times while reading that it wasn't canon, and every time I did I frowned a little. It just feels canon and such a shame that we got a great look at Plaugeis only to have it wrenched away to decanonization. Would love to see Plaugueis on the big screen somehow.

Interestingly, James Luceno, who wrote Tarkin, wrote some of the characters from Darth Plagueis into Tarkin, giving Darth Plagueis a back door into canon... from a certain point of view.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: