Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 940574 times)
Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #2925 on: November 02, 2018, 09:42:20 AM »

I noticed that, with a few exceptions, there were 3 people per pod. if that were true there would be about 3072 senators for about 1536 worlds in the Republic.

I remember a novel, can not tell the title, where is is said that 2000 senators were the minority during a vote ... It means there are at least 5000 senators ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #2926 on: November 02, 2018, 09:43:30 AM »

I remember a novel, can not tell the title, where is is said that 2000 senators were the minority during a vote ... It means there are at least 5000 senators ...
I need to read that. do you remember the author perhaps?

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2927 on: November 02, 2018, 09:54:03 AM »

I need to read that. do you remember the author perhaps?

I do not remember it, sorry ... but it is known as the Delegation of the 2000

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Delegation_of_2,000

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #2928 on: November 02, 2018, 07:24:48 PM »

I'll have to look at that

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #2929 on: November 03, 2018, 12:58:53 AM »

Gotta build my lego Boba Fett this weekend, so cute!  Cheesy

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2930 on: November 03, 2018, 06:33:21 AM »

Went to a Panel at SupaNova Adelaide With Timothy Zahn today (whom I also briefly spoke to before hand) - some points he made for SW fans to consider - note not my thoughts (except at the end with the *) these are direct paraphrases from Zahn himself.

- Star Wars more Science Fantasy that Science Fiction to the extent you could change setting to say a western (he gave example blaster for six shooter saber for swords) and have same basic story  This is not to denigrate the Science part but to say Sci-Fi and fanatasy are as an overall genre crossing over so much they are blurry where the line is - in fact he considered the line was more for convenience of classifying books in libraries and stores than in reality

- Asked about EU/Legends he replied Disney had 3 options - 1) Trash everything it never existed 2) Go through EU and pick and choose what is isn't canon based on plans for what they wanted to do with SW - this would require them having a plan for all future SW releases for next 30 years which he considered impossible* 3) turn it into 'legends' like knights of the round table robin hood (his examples) tales authenticity questionable but good stories which they did, he considered this a reasonable compromise and best option.

-Was asked if he found it hard letting others write Thrawn - Very clear that Thrawn and his characters belong to Lucasfilm/Disney and he doesn't own them, was OK with how Thrawn is portrayed in Rebels.

-also gave some advice on writing sci-fi i've shared with my fellow forumverse authors, but happy to share with anyone else, only a few brief things - Focus on Fiction not the science - don't break your own rules for technology/magic/Force abilities - be logical in what you do with technology/powers if you say someone can do X and then they don't when it would be logical to help them readers will notice - he reference Episode 2 chase with Zam Wessel shapeshfiter didn't use shapeshfiting very much which didn't make sense given the ability was established but no limitation was established - i.e. SET the RULES first then use the tech/ability and don't break them.*

*I personally disagree this was impossible, for the amount of money they paid not having a ten year plan for all three sequels and other movies in my mind would be massively dumb, you don't invest that much money then wait and see on three whole films, you have a plan, do some focus groups on ALL of it with fans, writers, non-fans then pay billions for the license not before.

*Not sure whether there was an undertone re some the inconsistencies in tech usage in the newer films (Can fly to canto bight for 6 hours and fly bakc but not evacuate WHAT!) in that, I suspect there was but that is MY supposition not his words.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2931 on: November 03, 2018, 12:33:52 PM »

Went to a Panel at SupaNova Adelaide With Timothy Zahn today (whom I also briefly spoke to before hand) - some points he made for SW fans to consider - note not my thoughts (except at the end with the *) these are direct paraphrases from Zahn himself.

- Star Wars more Science Fantasy that Science Fiction to the extent you could change setting to say a western (he gave example blaster for six shooter saber for swords) and have same basic story  This is not to denigrate the Science part but to say Sci-Fi and fanatasy are as an overall genre crossing over so much they are blurry where the line is - in fact he considered the line was more for convenience of classifying books in libraries and stores than in reality

- Asked about EU/Legends he replied Disney had 3 options - 1) Trash everything it never existed 2) Go through EU and pick and choose what is isn't canon based on plans for what they wanted to do with SW - this would require them having a plan for all future SW releases for next 30 years which he considered impossible* 3) turn it into 'legends' like knights of the round table robin hood (his examples) tales authenticity questionable but good stories which they did, he considered this a reasonable compromise and best option.

-Was asked if he found it hard letting others write Thrawn - Very clear that Thrawn and his characters belong to Lucasfilm/Disney and he doesn't own them, was OK with how Thrawn is portrayed in Rebels.

-also gave some advice on writing sci-fi i've shared with my fellow forumverse authors, but happy to share with anyone else, only a few brief things - Focus on Fiction not the science - don't break your own rules for technology/magic/Force abilities - be logical in what you do with technology/powers if you say someone can do X and then they don't when it would be logical to help them readers will notice - he reference Episode 2 chase with Zam Wessel shapeshfiter didn't use shapeshfiting very much which didn't make sense given the ability was established but no limitation was established - i.e. SET the RULES first then use the tech/ability and don't break them.*

*I personally disagree this was impossible, for the amount of money they paid not having a ten year plan for all three sequels and other movies in my mind would be massively dumb, you don't invest that much money then wait and see on three whole films, you have a plan, do some focus groups on ALL of it with fans, writers, non-fans then pay billions for the license not before.

*Not sure whether there was an undertone re some the inconsistencies in tech usage in the newer films (Can fly to canto bight for 6 hours and fly bakc but not evacuate WHAT!) in that, I suspect there was but that is MY supposition not his words.

Yea, the EU could have just used a good pruning.  The thing is they didn't want to take the time..just start churning out product.  Awesome post though, have a point

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2932 on: November 04, 2018, 04:22:58 PM »

Bought the 4 volumes of the Star Wars Legacy season II ... very good story, i like it. I am only a little disappointed cause i would have loved to see Jedi Knights and Imperial knights collaborate against Sith ...

Anybody here fan of that narrative arc?

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2933 on: November 04, 2018, 05:18:10 PM »

Bought the 4 volumes of the Star Wars Legacy season II ... very good story, i like it. I am only a little disappointed cause i would have loved to see Jedi Knights and Imperial knights collaborate against Sith ...

Anybody here fan of that narrative arc?
Hi Master Seblaise,

If this is the story with Cade Skywalker and Darth Krayt, along with Emperor Roan Fel and Draco Antares (on the planet Bastion) then I have read the end collection of the books.

I enjoyed the story as it showed a different type of "hero" in Cade. The Imperial Knights I think, could be a interesting story to tell too.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2934 on: November 04, 2018, 05:27:40 PM »

Hi Master Seblaise,

If this is the story with Cade Skywalker and Darth Krayt, along with Emperor Roan Fel and Draco Antares (on the planet Bastion) then I have read the end collection of the books.

I enjoyed the story as it showed a different type of "hero" in Cade. The Imperial Knights I think, could be a interesting story to tell too.

This is Star Wars Legacy Season I Wink

The events of Season II is some few years after the Story of Cade. Marasiah Fel is now Empress and the story focus on a member of the Solo family.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2935 on: November 04, 2018, 05:37:00 PM »

Hello again Master Seb,

Thank you for correcting me! I only got to pick up that book from my local library and didn't get to read anything before or after (except In the Service of the Empire).

I really need to try and get a few more graphic novels.

point for your knowledge.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2936 on: November 04, 2018, 05:59:06 PM »

Thank and point back Wink

Generally, i am never disappointed by the quality of the Star Wars Graphic Novels ... I read almost everything that deals with events after RotJ ...

Now, i will start completing my collection of Graphic Novels that deal with events before TPM Tongue

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2937 on: November 05, 2018, 07:57:00 PM »

Found this insightful

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEjkWb2mqdE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #2938 on: November 06, 2018, 01:40:32 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1s0lbeLWEo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1s0lbeLWEo</a>

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2939 on: November 06, 2018, 01:25:50 PM »

Thanks for the share, LSG. That really makes sense, I doubt Disney would of spent the time nor the money to get into all of the EU and find what they wanted versus what they didn't want.  It was easier for them to just make it all Legends and make their new content canon.  Does it suck for the fans that grew up reading these books and comics, yes but I call the Legends, Canon and Disney's version, Disney Canon

Kudos to Timothy Zahn for being a really cool guy

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: