Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 927302 times)
Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #2940 on: November 06, 2018, 02:36:19 PM »

I found that a good watch as well Logos. To all the people who scream that we're sexist for thinking Rey is a weak character, watch that.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #2941 on: November 06, 2018, 02:56:14 PM »

I found that a good watch as well Logos. To all the people who scream that we're sexist for thinking Rey is a weak character, watch that.

Even I have to admit that this video makes solid points all the way through.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2942 on: November 06, 2018, 04:06:52 PM »

The highlights about Rey made a lot of since and I agree with most of the video.  She was just a character who popped up and started to kick butt without any form of training other than the small amount that she mainly did on her own in TLJ.   

Didn't care for that Boba Fett video, it was more of a rant than facts and info

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #2943 on: November 06, 2018, 01:38:13 PM »

She was just a character who popped up and started to kick butt without any form of training other than the small amount that she mainly did on her own in TLJ.   

I'm not sure that really counts as training. Compare what she did to your own training videos. You both are physically working alone, but you have had Masters Resolute, Graestar, and Venturous and a few others to give you tips and pointers and you have progressed magnificently. Rey, on the other hand, picked up a saber, swung it at a rock for 20 minutes or so with Luke watching in the background, and could suddenly defeat the most elite soldiers in the galaxy.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2944 on: November 06, 2018, 01:41:38 PM »

I'm not sure that really counts as training. Compare what she did to your own training videos. You both are physically working alone, but you have had Masters Resolute, Graestar, and Venturous and a few others to give you tips and pointers and you have progressed magnificently. Rey, on the other hand, picked up a saber, swung it at a rock for 20 minutes or so with Luke watching in the background, and could suddenly defeat the most elite soldiers in the galaxy.

Agreed and you're too kind in regards to my spin and progress. I have great Masters and teachers to help guide me.  Samhain and Silenoz has also been ones to help me get my form and spins correctly too.   Rey on the other hand, just like you mentioned, practiced for a bit and then defeated guards that were trained to protect the Supreme Leader... There's no story into her progress

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #2945 on: November 06, 2018, 01:49:25 PM »

When talking about Rey's lightsaber skills I love showing off this little video I found. (quite enlightening)
Really shows how bad Rey really is.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irvU09MM-l4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2946 on: November 06, 2018, 09:11:52 PM »

When talking about Rey's lightsaber skills I love showing off this little video I found. (quite enlightening)
! No longer available

<snicker> Will have to watch later. But thanks for posting.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2947 on: November 06, 2018, 09:15:56 PM »

For me, that is the biggest problem with Rey...the wasted potential

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2948 on: November 06, 2018, 09:21:33 PM »

For me, that is the biggest problem with Rey...the wasted potential
What's really sad is that the 2D heroine has less character development than the 2D villain. Cry

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2949 on: November 06, 2018, 09:41:51 PM »

What's really sad is that the 2D heroine has less character development than the 2D villain. Cry

True

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2950 on: November 07, 2018, 01:31:55 AM »

! No longer available

One of my issues with Rey, will watch this later. Thanks Fedora! Point for that

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2951 on: November 07, 2018, 04:10:23 AM »

I've got absolutely no problem with the way Rey was in TFA. Abrams set her up for a ton of character development in Eps. 8 and 9. Unfortunately, Rian took the potential she had and instead of keeping it as potential, he used it as a way to show how powerful she is. Not how powerful she could be. I'm hoping Abrams can find a way in Ep. 9 to redeem all the characters that Rian ruined. I don't remember where else I said this, but the only character Rian actually improved was Kylo. Poe did nothing, Rey was ruined, Finn should've died saving the Resistance (would have actually redeemed a character that I didn't care for from the beginning), and Rose just annoyed me to no end. I will still enjoy TLJ (because that is who I am), but it most certainly has it's problems. TFA too. I wish that Abrams had been willing to (at the time) direct the whole trilogy, because it would have been a much better overall story had he been allowed to complete his vision.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2952 on: November 07, 2018, 08:18:07 AM »

I've got absolutely no problem with the way Rey was in TFA. Abrams set her up for a ton of character development in Eps. 8 and 9. Unfortunately, Rian took the potential she had and instead of keeping it as potential, he used it as a way to show how powerful she is. Not how powerful she could be. I'm hoping Abrams can find a way in Ep. 9 to redeem all the characters that Rian ruined. I don't remember where else I said this, but the only character Rian actually improved was Kylo. Poe did nothing, Rey was ruined, Finn should've died saving the Resistance (would have actually redeemed a character that I didn't care for from the beginning), and Rose just annoyed me to no end. I will still enjoy TLJ (because that is who I am), but it most certainly has it's problems. TFA too. I wish that Abrams had been willing to (at the time) direct the whole trilogy, because it would have been a much better overall story had he been allowed to complete his vision.
I saw a vid that elaborates a very conceivable plot to resurrect Sidious. The main point was that this would be the best course of action since the character doesn't need to be set up. He's already long established.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #2953 on: November 07, 2018, 03:41:46 PM »

I saw a vid that elaborates a very conceivable plot to resurrect Sidious. The main point was that this would be the best course of action since the character doesn't need to be set up. He's already long established.

Well where is this vid you speak of? I would like very much to see it.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #2954 on: November 07, 2018, 03:52:37 PM »

I would like to see this as well, please share Logos.

-Broadside

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: