Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 938100 times)
Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #2985 on: November 10, 2018, 02:31:41 AM »

I've only played the first but I have seen many playthroughs of the first and they both are amazing! (going off what I have seen alone for TFU1)

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2986 on: November 10, 2018, 06:57:12 AM »

The first was great and the second one was even better with the action, fight combos, and Force powers.  I was just disappointed that it was much shorter than the first but the story line was really good as well. 

jayryan84
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #2987 on: November 10, 2018, 04:42:13 PM »

If the way Rey and Poe were presented to us was more nuanced and not so over the top, it probably wouldn't be such an issue. It's just that watching Eps 7 and 8 it's like their sheer overpowered-ness is both in your face and shoved down your throat. I used to think of JJ directing the film and thinking "muahaha, you Star Wars fans think you know powerful characters, well watch THIS."

As OP as Rey is, Poe is almost worse because he isn't force-sensitive and yet is unashamedly presented as the best pilot in the galaxy past or present. The what... 14 or something TIE fighters he took out in 10 seconds during the mission on Takodana was all we needed to see to know that Star Wars ain't what it once was.

Ugh, lol... I know we all gripe about how Rey could just pick up a Saber and take on Kylo... heck, even Finn had a short battle and was competitive for a brief moment lol. I'm pretty sure Kylo should have been able to just Force Hold or Choke him down... but meh it's all for entertainment right?

It is upsetting watching some of these new movies.. I remember Episodes IV, V, VI all starting out similar, and every-time you heard a tie-fighter (especially in the theaters) it was just so LOUD and amazing... now meh.

I guess Poe could be the "best" pilot in the Resistance, but he'd probably never be able to hit squat if he shut off his targeting computer Tongue

As much as I love/hate the Prequels, it was great to see some of those really great battle scenes and saber battles. All the movement, physics, and I guess we can't call it "Martial Arts"... but I remember watching a lot of the making of the movies and behind the scenes parts where everyone was training and all the hard work they put in.

We all know that the original trilogy may have not had the best battle scenes as they were pretty stationary, just swinging back and forth.. no flips or flying around.. I still crack up when I watch Yoda's scene vs Darth Sidious (Episode III) just flying around all over. You can really see that Yoda's Saber is a lot shorter, even his hilt is during that battle. I just love his "little" saber in Consular Green Smiley

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2988 on: November 10, 2018, 11:42:59 AM »

I'm not sure if any of you know this or not, but Pablo Hidalgo has stated that Hera is a better Pilot than Poe. And if Hera is a better pilot, I'm pretty sure Han, Luke and Anakin (and probably Wedge) are all better pilots as well.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2989 on: November 10, 2018, 08:29:10 PM »

I'm not sure if any of you know this or not, but Pablo Hidalgo has stated that Hera is a better Pilot than Poe. And if Hera is a better pilot, I'm pretty sure Han, Luke and Anakin (and probably Wedge) are all better pilots as well.

What I mean, Poe was the best..in the Resistance...at that time.    I do wonder what happened Hera and her son....*shudder* Jacen

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #2990 on: November 10, 2018, 10:20:26 PM »

What I mean, Poe was the best..in the Resistance...at that time.    I do wonder what happened Hera and her son....*shudder* Jacen

I guess we'll agree to disagree then, Tepes. I can feel the pull of the dark side so I'll cut out now.  Wink Grin

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2991 on: November 10, 2018, 03:43:49 PM »

I get that, and I agree with you. Within the Resistance, Poe is the best pilots. TIE Pilots have never been known for their flying skills, so lining up for an ace pilot like Poe doesn't seem too big of a stretch.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #2992 on: November 11, 2018, 06:59:28 PM »

anybody think this'll be how they introduce Darth Caedus into canon?

-Broadside

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2993 on: November 11, 2018, 07:00:12 PM »

anybody think this'll be how they introduce Darth Caedus into canon?
Ugh, I hope not.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #2994 on: November 11, 2018, 07:05:52 PM »

although it would fit what they like to do to the old canon.

-Broadside

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2995 on: November 11, 2018, 07:12:58 PM »

Plot twist, Kylo and Rey are actually Jacen and Jaina

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #2996 on: November 11, 2018, 07:20:46 PM »

That would not be the most surprising thing that Disney has done

-Broadside

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2997 on: November 11, 2018, 07:21:27 PM »

Kylo already is a watered down version of Jacen...what makes it so infuriating is that Adam Driver and Daisy would have been fine as Jacen and Jaina....and Sebastian Stan as Ben Skywalker.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #2998 on: November 11, 2018, 07:24:39 PM »

Kylo already is a watered down version of Jacen...what makes it so infuriating is that Adam Driver and Daisy would have been fine as Jacen and Jaina....and Sebastian Stan as Ben Skywalker.

I saw someone photoshop his face onto young Luke and he looked just like young Mark Hamill. he could play a younger Luke in a SWBF II era movie I guess?

-Broadside

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2999 on: November 11, 2018, 11:01:02 PM »

I see what you’re saying, Tepes.

To me, Kylo is the opposite of Jacen in that where Jacen is cold and calculating, Kylo is emotional and always in conflict.  Kylo was in conflict in killing his father and even admit in doing so before committing that act. Snoke
Even brought that up saying that since then, he’s a walking ball of emotion and not the raw power potential fearsome leader of the Knights of Ren.

Jacen was relentless after being torture by the Yuuzhan Vong which was when he realized that in order to save an entire universe, the sacrifice of a few was needed, otherwise, his uncle Luke would die. He then descended into the Dark side and took Lumiya as a Sith Master.  What was left of his light side was when he allowed his twin to kill him while he told Tenel Ka through Force communication that both her and their daughter was in danger.

Also, with his belief that in order to save his uncle and the universe, he had to become a Sith and lead the universe out of a future tense doom in which he tortured his cousin, Luke’s son Ben in the process of trying to convert him as well.

I believe that thirst are things that Kylie are not capable of since he even hesitated to kill his mother in TLJ.

So one can say that Kylo is the Diet version of Jacen

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: