Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 940870 times)
Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 07:23:15 PM »

I have wondered about that as well. I'm no fan of the Battle Droid, but I have to admit a Rebel Squad with a couple Destroyers and Supers would make for interesting fan art.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 10:04:43 PM »

Was thinking recently about the Separatist remnants. They existed, and that's an estabilished fact, and some of them survived to join the Rebel Aliiance. But they received much less attention than the Imperial Remnant. Probably it's because the Empire vs Confederate Remnant conflict is kinda evil versus evil; however, with the Sith gone from the Separatist leadership, they wouldn't be so evil anymore?..

Palpatine used annihilator droids on Byss after the Clone Wars and some leftover baron droids actually overthrew the only settlement on Arzid in 16 ABY. Other than that... "At the end of the Clone Wars, a command signal triggered the simultaneous deactivation of all Separatist droid forces." Any remaining Separatists would've been pretty vulnerable and probably went into hiding from Vader and the Hands.

no

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 10:12:02 PM »

Gizor Dellso reactivated a lone factory on Mustafar, but the 501st quickly put a stop to that...

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 10:33:03 PM »

Some crime lord accidentally activated a bunch of Buzz Droids in the Falcon's hold once, before she got that name. Bought them on the black market after the war. They got loose and then attacked the Imp cruiser that was trying to arrest him. That was interesting. Grin

I am not a color...

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2012, 10:46:42 PM »

And Luke fights one at the start of "Survivor's Quest"...

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Archon - "Insight"

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2012, 12:35:59 AM »

Was thinking recently about the Separatist remnants. They existed, and that's an estabilished fact, and some of them survived to join the Rebel Aliiance. But they received much less attention than the Imperial Remnant. Probably it's because the Empire vs Confederate Remnant conflict is kinda evil versus evil; however, with the Sith gone from the Separatist leadership, they wouldn't be so evil anymore?..

Your pretty much right on that for the most part. In the clone wars cartoon I think around season 3 or four? A meeting between republic and separatist senators came to an agreement to end the war, but a separatist attack was launched on coruscant dissolving the hopes for peace and count dooku killed the separatist senator who with padme's help brought forth the proposal for the separatists. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mina_Bonteri

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2012, 01:54:44 AM »

Droids, unlike the organics, can be deactivated and can be activated again with no harm. There are numerous records of mass reactivations of battle droids; Gizor Dellso, the Reconquest of the Rim campaign (as described in the Guide to Warfare and Guns of Kelrodo-Ai), etc. While Vader's deactivation commands paralyzed the droid armies and drove the navies to retreat, it in no way completely stopped them.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2012, 11:59:46 PM »

You know, the Sep Navies were largely impounded for some years after the end of the war, and eventually sold off at government auctions or scrapped as I understand. Perhaps a number of droids met the same fate? There could be whole private security forces of first gen battle droids out there.

I am not a color...

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2012, 01:26:15 AM »

You know, the Sep Navies were largely impounded for some years after the end of the war, and eventually sold off at government auctions or scrapped as I understand. Perhaps a number of droids met the same fate? There could be whole private security forces of first gen battle droids out there.

I'd really like to see some B1s and B2s in the service of crime lords like Jabba, customized with exotic or unique weaponry and bright/personalized paint jobs... B3s, not so much. I wouldn't mind it if the Imperial Remnant or the GA reprogrammed some of those, but a personal militia? No way.

no

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2012, 01:54:25 AM »

In order to impound the navy and resell the droids, the Empire needs to estabilish full control over all Separatist territories. And these territories still have organic and very angry Separatists. Hence Reconquest of the Rim, the Western Reaches operation, the operation against Gizor Dellso and others, in fact a continuation of the Clone Wars.
And the Confederacy may have colonies and outposts in the Unknown Regions such as the western galaxy or the halo. Here's where a Deep Core-like situation of warlordism can emerge and be sustained for years.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2012, 11:56:47 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKWVCv8uWDI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKWVCv8uWDI</a>

Light side points please Smiley

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2012, 06:12:40 AM »

Palpatine was right, the Jedi were planning to overthrow the Republic, hence the Clone Army. But what Palpatine(who they knew who he really was all along) didn't tell Anakin was, that the Sith and the Jedi were allies. The plan was to take over, then split the Galaxy evenly between the two factions. However Palpatine betrayed the Jedi, and took power all for himself.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2012, 06:17:47 AM »

Palpatine was right, the Jedi were planning to overthrow the Republic, hence the Clone Army. But what Palpatine(who they knew who he really was all along) didn't tell Anakin was, that the Sith and the Jedi were allies. The plan was to take over, then split the Galaxy evenly between the two factions. However Palpatine betrayed the Jedi, and took power all for himself.

Then Palpatine married Waru and they lived happily ever after.

no

Jewish Jedi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 21

Watches, Maryland Terps FB/BB, sabers!

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2012, 04:57:09 PM »

My random Star Wars thought: Why in the begining of ANH, does Leia speak with a little bit of a British accent?? But then acts like a bad-ass the rest of the movie??
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 05:04:27 PM by Jewish Jedi » Logged

Sabers: Chosen One CE (coming soon)

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2012, 05:01:47 PM »

Defense mechanism, I should think.  IE, put on "official" voice and get the soldiers to listen to their civilian "boss".

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Archon - "Insight"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: