Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 940274 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3240 on: July 24, 2019, 04:49:41 PM »

So I was thinking while mowing last night: In ANH, Han loses his $#!% and goes tearing off after a squad of troopers.

This makes no sense. He's just screaming and running, not even shooting. What makes even less sense is that these are supposed to be the fearsome 501st. You're telling me that 8 of the best clones in the Empire can't take down a nut job and his Wookiee?

A lot doesn't make sense in ANH...I just chalk it up to it being such an ambitious project that no one thought would go anywhere.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3241 on: July 24, 2019, 09:51:50 AM »

A lot doesn't make sense in ANH...I just chalk it up to it being such an ambitious project that no one thought would go anywhere.
Even if you take out what would eventually become part of a larger story, it still doesn't make sense. Oh well. George should have never directed. Sad

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3242 on: July 24, 2019, 06:00:08 PM »

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3243 on: July 24, 2019, 11:34:03 AM »

Ok?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3244 on: July 24, 2019, 06:41:38 PM »

Shows how far visual fx have come. This shot makes his saber both off-center and look really scrawny

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3245 on: July 24, 2019, 11:50:28 AM »

Shows how far visual fx have come. This shot makes his saber both off-center and look really scrawny
It's called 'perspective'.

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #3246 on: July 24, 2019, 06:52:26 PM »

It's called 'perspective'.

Not talking the length. Look at the overall width of the blade and how far the glow extends. Its really tight to the core of the blade, kinda similar to how Rebels did the saber but looks less intentional

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3247 on: July 24, 2019, 11:54:36 AM »

Not talking the length. Look at the overall width of the blade and how far the glow extends. Its really tight to the core of the blade, kinda similar to how Rebels did the saber but looks less intentional
There are many that are fans of the "thin blade" sabers. That's why they did the blades the way they did in SWR.

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #3248 on: July 24, 2019, 06:56:25 PM »

There are many that are fans of the "thin blade" sabers. That's why they did the blades the way they did in SWR.

And thats fair, it just looks a little less intentional in this shot, especially combined with the blade extending off-center from the emitter

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3249 on: July 24, 2019, 07:26:23 PM »

Logos is right. Look at my staff, most people thought the other end was short

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #3250 on: July 24, 2019, 07:41:34 PM »

Logos is right. Look at my staff, most people thought the other end was short

Hi all, the film term for this phenomenon is "foreshortening", similar to when you hold both hands out in front of you but hold one hand at your shoulder and the other at full arm's length...it makes one hand look "bigger".

Regards to VFX today the stunt prop hilts have GPS tracking locators and radio transmitters that send real time co-ordinates to track where the hilt and blade are in the camera shot. Another computer then applies the blade fx over those co-ordinates for each frame. This way the stunt prop and the fx are perfectly aligned, the correct length and most of the editing can be done automatically. (There were some BTS pictures of the British royal princes playing with the hilts of Rey and Kylo and you could see the small black radio antennae sticking out of the pommel - they can also trigger the FOC using radio signals using this radio link)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3251 on: July 24, 2019, 01:48:00 PM »

You might be forgetting that Vader's hilt has an emitter shroud, and that the blade does not fill the radius that it makes. I'll try to remember to get a pic of my CO for you tonight. I thought US accurately captured that aspect in that hilt.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3252 on: July 26, 2019, 12:29:49 PM »

Hi all, the film term for this phenomenon is "foreshortening", similar to when you hold both hands out in front of you but hold one hand at your shoulder and the other at full arm's length...it makes one hand look "bigger".

Regards to VFX today the stunt prop hilts have GPS tracking locators and radio transmitters that send real time co-ordinates to track where the hilt and blade are in the camera shot. Another computer then applies the blade fx over those co-ordinates for each frame. This way the stunt prop and the fx are perfectly aligned, the correct length and most of the editing can be done automatically. (There were some BTS pictures of the British royal princes playing with the hilts of Rey and Kylo and you could see the small black radio antennae sticking out of the pommel - they can also trigger the FOC using radio signals using this radio link)

Much faster than in the OT where they literally Rotoscoped the blades onto each cell

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3253 on: July 27, 2019, 04:20:03 AM »

They are also supposed to be precise with blasters yet they can't seem to hit Han in a narrow corridor or Luke and Leia who are standing on a tiny platform with no cover. 

Just FYI, Precision and Accuracy are two different things. Stormtroopers may be precise, they just are not accurate.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #3254 on: July 29, 2019, 12:43:15 PM »

Just FYI, Precision and Accuracy are two different things. Stormtroopers may be precise, they just are not accurate.

Very true. Though since they seem to always hit all around their target I'd say they are accurate but terribly not precise.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: