Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 938208 times)
Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #3540 on: April 08, 2020, 02:08:04 AM »

Which is funny since it was written by the man who technically began the EU

Wow, who'd have thought? I was actually really confused there because in my mind I guess I always thought that Zahn's Thrawn trilogy was the first EU foray, but sure enough after a quick search I learned something new today. I actually have both that story and a few others in my bookshelf to read... but now I'm kind of cautious after slogging through this past book.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #3541 on: April 22, 2020, 06:30:24 PM »

Anybody else have any "quarantine projects" that are Star Wars related? As soon as this whole thing started I knew I had to hit the arts and crafts pretty hard in order to better preserve my sanity. Been looking to make a pair of Hoth binoculars for a long time and so with all the spare time I finally completed them:

Front

Back

I must say they are pretty lousy for spotting probe droids and Imperial walkers at a distance, but at least I can see through them to know what I'm supposed to be looking at.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3542 on: April 22, 2020, 06:40:29 PM »

Ive been considering weathering a couple of my hilts, maybe watching some of the movies again but nothing too serious. Mostly been trying to catch up on video games and some life projects

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #3543 on: April 22, 2020, 07:27:02 PM »

Anybody else have any "quarantine projects" that are Star Wars related? As soon as this whole thing started I knew I had to hit the arts and crafts pretty hard in order to better preserve my sanity. Been looking to make a pair of Hoth binoculars for a long time and so with all the spare time I finally completed them:

Front

Back

I must say they are pretty lousy for spotting probe droids and Imperial walkers at a distance, but at least I can see through them to know what I'm supposed to be looking at.

First, that's really good.  I assume it is 3D printed?

For me, I weathered and made my new Empress more screen accurate.  Before that, I rewired a few sabers (added buck pucks to stunt sabers that didn't have them and changed power sources on them - no more AAAs or 14500s) and swapped out all my Blazing Red LEDs for Deep Red LEDs.  Before that, I was able to finally got all of my sabers and displays posted (well, for all the sabers I had up to that point - I've received six more since then).  Now I am making day blades.  I'll post those when I'm finished.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #3544 on: April 22, 2020, 09:05:19 PM »

Impressive, MOST IMPRESSIVE!!   Shocked

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #3545 on: April 22, 2020, 09:42:22 PM »

First, that's really good.  I assume it is 3D printed?

Oh what I could do with a 3D printer, I'd kill for one of those. Actually it was made with about 95% EVA foam and the rest being PVC plumbing parts and some wood. I had most of the parts stockpiled before quarantine hit.

Impressive, MOST IMPRESSIVE!!   Shocked

Thank you kndly!

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #3546 on: April 22, 2020, 10:39:31 PM »

I hate the new trilogy…

There, I said it…iI'm gonna sit down now and shut up

*breathes freely into paper bag*

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #3547 on: April 22, 2020, 11:00:16 PM »

Oh what I could do with a 3D printer, I'd kill for one of those. Actually it was made with about 95% EVA foam and the rest being PVC plumbing parts and some wood. I had most of the parts stockpiled before quarantine hit.

Thank you kndly!
WOW!  Then that is REALLY impressive.  I would have just had a huge pile of messed up foam chunks. 

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #3548 on: April 23, 2020, 12:38:21 AM »

I hate the new trilogy…

There, I said it…iI'm gonna sit down now and shut up

*breathes freely into paper bag*

Does a paper bag work? If so I'll start bringing one along every time the sequel trilogy comes up in conversations with friends.  Cheesy

On a side note, one of my friends who enjoys the sequel trilogy more than I do mentioned that since the Prequels came out they're generally more accepted now, 20 years later. He thinks that it'll be the same deal with the Sequels, that around 2035 or so people will enjoy them a heck of a lot more. What do y'all think?

Personally I don't see how. Time isn't going to change that the movies don't flow together at all, or sad/depressed Luke, or overpowered Rey, or lack of Phasma... I'll stop there.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3549 on: April 23, 2020, 03:02:29 AM »

Does a paper bag work? If so I'll start bringing one along every time the sequel trilogy comes up in conversations with friends.  Cheesy

On a side note, one of my friends who enjoys the sequel trilogy more than I do mentioned that since the Prequels came out they're generally more accepted now, 20 years later. He thinks that it'll be the same deal with the Sequels, that around 2035 or so people will enjoy them a heck of a lot more. What do y'all think?

Personally I don't see how. Time isn't going to change that the movies don't flow together at all, or sad/depressed Luke, or overpowered Rey, or lack of Phasma... I'll stop there.

IMO That is apples and oranges.  The Prequel trilogy was devoid of much of the heart the OT had..but the story (with a few bad bits here and there) was accepted.  As far as my experience goes it was mostly Jar Jar, the wooden dialogue and the over reliance on CG that were the main criticisms.  Many fans, young and old, still enjoyed them even if they didn't love them.  All because it was still George's vision.  Dislike it we may we all acknowledged it was his world to do with as he pleased.  But Disney....they don't get that kind of slack.  Decades of comics, video games and novels to pull from.   Access to hundreds of talented creators.  Enough money to fund any story they could imagine.  But they go in head first will very little planning thinking slapping "Star Wars" on something will guarantee success.  So, no.  I don't think there will be some "acceptance" latter on.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3550 on: April 23, 2020, 01:55:38 PM »

Even the Nostalgia Critic made this observation. He hates the prequels, and believed that hatred for them was a nigh universal truth. But, now that the ST has ended, there has been an outpouring of love for the PT. Say what will about the horrendous script and directing, George was a visionary, and he really wanted an excuse to put his vision on the big screen. But the overall story of the prequels wasn't bad. It was consistent because it was a) done by 1 writer, b) wasn't a blatant money grab, and c) wasn't utterly ruined with social agenda and hollywood politics, and d) wasn't reliant on nostalgia bumps every 5 #$%&ing seconds.

IMO That is apples and oranges.  The Prequel trilogy was devoid of much of the heart the OT had..but the story (with a few bad bits here and there) was accepted.  As far as my experience goes it was mostly Jar Jar, the wooden dialogue and the over reliance on CG that were the main criticisms.  Many fans, young and old, still enjoyed them even if they didn't love them.  All because it was still George's vision.  Dislike it we may we all acknowledged it was his world to do with as he pleased.  But Disney....they don't get that kind of slack.  Decades of comics, video games and novels to pull from.   Access to hundreds of talented creators.  Enough money to fund any story they could imagine.  But they go in head first will very little planning thinking slapping "Star Wars" on something will guarantee success.  So, no.  I don't think there will be some "acceptance" latter on.
WOW! I couldn't have said it better myself. That was the resounding feeling I had through the entire ST: the writers didn't love SW, they "loved" (the definition of love can be debated) the OT. In fact, (I can't believe I'm saying this) the only reference I can recall to the PT was in TLJ, when Luke explained how the Jedi were destroyed. Outside of that, the only real nod (if you can call it that) was the pale shadow of them ripping off the story surrounding of Darth Caedus.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #3551 on: April 23, 2020, 03:09:57 PM »

Even the Nostalgia Critic made this observation. He hates the prequels, and believed that hatred for them was a nigh universal truth. But, now that the ST has ended, there has been an outpouring of love for the PT. Say what will about the horrendous script and directing, George was a visionary, and he really wanted an excuse to put his vision on the big screen. But the overall story of the prequels wasn't bad. It was consistent because it was a) done by 1 writer, b) wasn't a blatant money grab, and c) wasn't utterly ruined with social agenda and hollywood politics, and d) wasn't reliant on nostalgia bumps every 5 #$%&ing seconds.

You bring up an excellent point of nostalgia in the PT. I mean sure, it was there, but I don't recall ever thinking that it derailed the film when it appeared, a far cry from so many moments in the ST for me. It really highlights what you mentioned. The Prequels were practically a whole new world from what we were introduced to in the OT. If Lucas had decided to shovel nostalgia down our throats then it would have only taken away from our chance to see a pre-Empire galaxy. Case in point, blockading trade routes of a peaceful planet gets a bad rap as being boring, but like it or hate it, certainly it was totally different from anything we'd seen in Star Wars before. It really goes to show a glaring flaw with the Sequels in that the post-Empire galaxy is never actually established properly or at all. In TFA we get the briefest of scenes regarding the seat of the New Republic, in TLJ the (ironically) only worldbuilding we get is Canto Bight (lol, right?) and in TROS the whole galaxy arrives in time to help the good guys in the end. Ugh, I'm just ranting now.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3552 on: April 23, 2020, 03:52:24 PM »

You bring up an excellent point of nostalgia in the PT. I mean sure, it was there, but I don't recall ever thinking that it derailed the film when it appeared, a far cry from so many moments in the ST for me. It really highlights what you mentioned. The Prequels were practically a whole new world from what we were introduced to in the OT. If Lucas had decided to shovel nostalgia down our throats then it would have only taken away from our chance to see a pre-Empire galaxy. Case in point, blockading trade routes of a peaceful planet gets a bad rap as being boring, but like it or hate it, certainly it was totally different from anything we'd seen in Star Wars before. It really goes to show a glaring flaw with the Sequels in that the post-Empire galaxy is never actually established properly or at all. In TFA we get the briefest of scenes regarding the seat of the New Republic, in TLJ the (ironically) only worldbuilding we get is Canto Bight (lol, right?) and in TROS the whole galaxy arrives in time to help the good guys in the end. Ugh, I'm just ranting now.
That's okay. You can sit with me. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3553 on: April 23, 2020, 06:40:42 PM »

That's because Disney owned Lucasfilm decided to do their important world building in the expanded material.   Hell, the line "The Dead Speak!" in the opening crawl of ROS was referring to something that happened in Fortnite.......FORTNITE!!!!  I don't mind nostalgia if A.) it serves a purpose within the story or B.) its short and simple.  Finn rummaging through the stuff in the Falcon and finding the training remote then throwing it...nice and quick.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3554 on: April 23, 2020, 06:48:05 PM »

B.) its short and simple.  Finn rummaging through the stuff in the Falcon and finding the training remote then throwing it...nice and quick.
Yeah, but it was still too frequent.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: