Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 927392 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3630 on: May 21, 2020, 12:27:06 PM »

and that precisely is my point.  He ACTS like a baby.... but perhaps he should be a teenager in mindset by now.
Maybe the child is socially stunted from being isolated. Or perhaps Yoda was advanced from being exposed to the galaxy.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3631 on: May 21, 2020, 01:19:21 PM »

Maybe the child is socially stunted from being isolated. Or perhaps Yoda was advanced from being exposed to the galaxy.

Those are my theories as well.  Connected to the Mando show....have the rumors reached everyone of Timothy Olyphant joining the show in Boba's armor?   This does track with a character hinted at in the Aftermath (barf) novels.  Basically a hardnosed "law man" on Tattoine finds Boba's Armor in a sandcrawler that had been hit by bandits.  So if you've seen Mr. Olyphant in Deadwood he is basically Seth Bullock in Mando Armor.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3632 on: May 21, 2020, 05:40:11 PM »

Those are my theories as well.  Connected to the Mando show....have the rumors reached everyone of Timothy Olyphant joining the show in Boba's armor?   This does track with a character hinted at in the Aftermath (barf) novels.  Basically a hardnosed "law man" on Tattoine finds Boba's Armor in a sandcrawler that had been hit by bandits.  So if you've seen Mr. Olyphant in Deadwood he is basically Seth Bullock in Mando Armor.
#$%& that! If Boba didn't survive the sarlacc, how tf did his armor make it out of the creature? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Tim show up, but for Force sake, make it better than that $#!%.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3633 on: May 21, 2020, 06:02:06 PM »

#$%& that! If Boba didn't survive the sarlacc, how tf did his armor make it out of the creature? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Tim show up, but for Force sake, make it better than that $#!%.

I will have to look for it to confirm if it was canon or not...but I remember reading that after Jabba's death the Sarlacc weakened because it was no longer getting fresh food (even with the digesting for 1000 years) and scavengers (including Jawas) began digging it up and cutting into its various pockets to retrieve items left by its victims.  The armor is described as being acid scorched which seemed to indicate it was Boba's.  This is the character:  https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cobb_Vanth

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3634 on: May 21, 2020, 06:36:49 PM »

On the plus side, further research into Boba confirms that George had always intended for him to survive the sarlacc.

Sig by For Tyeth

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« Reply #3635 on: May 22, 2020, 12:36:26 AM »

On the plus side, further research into Boba confirms that George had always intended for him to survive the sarlacc.
I thought this was canon since Lucas came up with the idea.  Also, isn't Temuera Morrison going to be in season 2?  Either he is playing a clone troper left over from the Clone Wars, a masked character where we never see his face, or Boba.  If not, there's going to have to be some explaining to do as to why he looks like Jango/Boba Fett. 

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3636 on: May 22, 2020, 03:54:40 AM »

It's all just rumors at the moment. Nothing about all these supposed castings has been confirmed. Likely some of them are true, but we wont know until either season 2 comes out or someone that is in charge actually confirms it. Honestly, I'd rather see Temuera in season 2 than Ahsoka, but whatever.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3637 on: May 22, 2020, 11:11:19 AM »

I thought this was canon since Lucas came up with the idea.  Also, isn't Temuera Morrison going to be in season 2?  Either he is playing a clone troper left over from the Clone Wars, a masked character where we never see his face, or Boba.  If not, there's going to have to be some explaining to do as to why he looks like Jango/Boba Fett. 

It was canon when the EU did it....but after Order KK  that all went away and even though Lucas says it...until its in a book,show,comic,video game, movie under Disney it isn't official canon.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3638 on: May 22, 2020, 03:27:28 PM »

I've heard rumors that both Boba and Rex might be showing up. Temuera would be the obvious choice to play both. By clone life expectancy, Rex should be ancient. It'll be interesting to see if they pay attention to that detail.

Wait. I just looked up the Clone Wars......they only lasted THREE years?

It's all just rumors at the moment. Nothing about all these supposed castings has been confirmed. Likely some of them are true, but we wont know until either season 2 comes out or someone that is in charge actually confirms it. Honestly, I'd rather see Temuera in season 2 than Ahsoka, but whatever.
Well, if Lucasfilm has learned anything from the recent pear-shaped trilogy, it's "DON'T FRIGGIN ARGUE WITH THE FANS."

As for character appearances, why not both?

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3639 on: May 22, 2020, 05:04:32 PM »

One of the biggest issues was they decided to change how Lucasfilm/Star Wars worked.  Why change something that has worked for almost 4 decades.  You know, "If it ain't broke don't fix it."  I know many will state they wanted to bring new fans in....but if you have to change something (that has a large following already) just to drawn in new people...they may not be worth the trouble.  For example.....I do not like Dr. Who.  I don't find it interesting, enjoyable or remotely worth my time.  If all of a sudden the BBC came to me and said "What would make you watch it." and I gave them things that might make me watch it...completely altering the things others like about it...would that be profitable? 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3640 on: May 22, 2020, 05:25:06 PM »

One of the biggest issues was they decided to change how Lucasfilm/Star Wars worked.  Why change something that has worked for almost 4 decades.  You know, "If it ain't broke don't fix it."  I know many will state they wanted to bring new fans in....but if you have to change something (that has a large following already) just to drawn in new people...they may not be worth the trouble.  For example.....I do not like Dr. Who.  I don't find it interesting, enjoyable or remotely worth my time.  If all of a sudden the BBC came to me and said "What would make you watch it." and I gave them things that might make me watch it...completely altering the things others like about it...would that be profitable? 
Case in point: SW already had a huge fanbase. It was estimated in 2017 that 1/3 internet users were SW fans. By the end of 2019 it fell to 1/4. I would say that constitutes a fanbase in the 1+ BILLION range. What Disney did was effectively said "#$%& you" to the billion that was there, to draw in another 250M.

I found it interesting that the only money Disney is really making on SW is from merch. Ironically, the items of highest interest are in the OT category. The new stuff isn't that popular. Gee, I wonder why? Roll Eyes <he asks facetiously>

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3641 on: May 22, 2020, 05:53:09 PM »

Case in point: SW already had a huge fanbase. It was estimated in 2017 that 1/3 internet users were SW fans. By the end of 2019 it fell to 1/4. I would say that constitutes a fanbase in the 1+ BILLION range. What Disney did was effectively said "#$%& you" to the billion that was there, to draw in another 250M.

I found it interesting that the only money Disney is really making on SW is from merch. Ironically, the items of highest interest are in the OT category. The new stuff isn't that popular. Gee, I wonder why? Roll Eyes <he asks facetiously>

Correct.  When examining the longevity if SW....it was the Merch and EU that kept it alive up to the PT.  In the Netflix documentary "The Toys that Made Us" The Star Wars episode mentioned that the revenue for the Merch was double that of the films combined.  It's why Lucas is so rich...he got most of that because of his $1 dollar deal to retain merch rights.  Even then, they aren't making anywhere the amount the should be, like we've discussed before. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3642 on: May 22, 2020, 06:03:16 PM »

Correct.  When examining the longevity if SW....it was the Merch and EU that kept it alive up to the PT.  In the Netflix documentary "The Toys that Made Us" The Star Wars episode mentioned that the revenue for the Merch was double that of the films combined.  It's why Lucas is so rich...he got most of that because of his $1 dollar deal to retain merch rights.  Even then, they aren't making anywhere the amount the should be, like we've discussed before. 
Hmm. One would think that the bean counters would have red-flagged this declining trend. Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3643 on: May 22, 2020, 06:18:20 PM »

Hmm. One would think that the bean counters would have red-flagged this declining trend. Undecided

Probaly did.....but the powers that be probably didn't listen.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3644 on: May 22, 2020, 06:21:14 PM »

Probaly did.....but the powers that be probably didn't listen.
It's mean, but I hope it cost them billions.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: