Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 939274 times)
Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #3690 on: July 21, 2020, 04:10:40 AM »

It was not bad at all, i'm not a fan of opera but i liked it

I can totally see why you thought opera, I confess it popped into my mind as well when I first watched that video. It certainly has a little sprinkle of operatic flavoring to it. Then of course it made me think how interesting an actual opera about Star Wars would be.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #3691 on: July 21, 2020, 12:01:48 PM »

No worries my friend...me to.

This Picture.....Chills.

Artist Andrew DeSoto
Wonderful, Tepes!  Where did you find that awesome pic?

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3692 on: July 21, 2020, 01:03:09 PM »

It was not bad at all, i'm not a fan of opera but i liked it

Hmmm  I don't think I ever though of Mulan's songs as Opera...but I can see it.

I was gonna say. I read the title and new it was a take on I'll Make a Man Out of You from Mulan.

No worries my friend...me to.

This Picture.....Chills.

Artist Andrew DeSoto

THIS makes me wonder: What would be the strength of a Sith pairing, if the dominant emotion was love (romantic or familial) instead of hate and resentment?

Also, for those that don't know, other than Luke's face, this image is from the DS ending of TFU2. But it's still a cool interpretation.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg2W7DHCkPE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg2W7DHCkPE</a>

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3693 on: July 21, 2020, 01:35:19 PM »

I was gonna say. I read the title and new it was a take on I'll Make a Man Out of You from Mulan.
THIS makes me wonder: What would be the strength of a Sith pairing, if the dominant emotion was love (romantic or familial) instead of hate and resentment?

Also, for those that don't know, other than Luke's face, this image is from the DS ending of TFU2. But it's still a cool interpretation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg2W7DHCkPE#

ANd Luke's face is from Battlefront II.  Which gave us the Jedi Luke we always wanted.   

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #3694 on: July 21, 2020, 03:47:39 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg2W7DHCkPE#

ANd Luke's face is from Battlefront II.  Which gave us the Jedi Luke we always wanted.   

Thank you both, Logos & Tepes  Smiley

Yeah, RJ's character assassination of Luke in TLJ was/is the low point in the Sequel Trilogy for me.

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3695 on: July 21, 2020, 04:27:34 PM »

Thank you both, Logos & Tepes  Smiley

Yeah, RJ's character assassination of Luke in TLJ was/is the low point in the Sequel Trilogy for me.
Counterpoint: The low point of of the ST was when someone said "Let's dump the original canon and start over." Everything kinda went pear-shaped after that.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #3696 on: July 21, 2020, 06:36:53 PM »

Counterpoint: The low point of of the ST was when someone said "Let's dump the original canon and start over." Everything kinda went pear-shaped after that.

In a world that never was, we can only imagine how the EU would have been revitalized if the ST had taken a familiar route. To say the least, Timothy Zahn might have almost reached something close to "household name" status.  Grin Cheesy

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3697 on: July 21, 2020, 08:17:40 PM »

In a world that never was, we can only imagine how the EU would have been revitalized if the ST had taken a familiar route. To say the least, Timothy Zahn might have almost reached something close to "household name" status.  Grin Cheesy
Don't get me wrong, they pretty much nailed Thrawn, and I know the reasons why. What bugs me is that Thrawn was a character worthy of the big screen, and they wasted him on a kids' show.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3698 on: July 21, 2020, 08:59:10 PM »

Don't get me wrong, they pretty much nailed Thrawn, and I know the reasons why. What bugs me is that Thrawn was a character worthy of the big screen, and they wasted him on a kids' show.

I wouldn't say wasted...since because of that we have gotten more Thrawn than we had before.  We have 3 Thrawn Novels about his rise in the Empire and his relationship with Vader as well as info on the Chiss.  Now we are going to get another trilogy of novels about Thrawn before he came to the empire...so more Chiss lore from the man who created them.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3699 on: July 21, 2020, 09:25:16 PM »

I wouldn't say wasted...since because of that we have gotten more Thrawn than we had before.  We have 3 Thrawn Novels about his rise in the Empire and his relationship with Vader as well as info on the Chiss.  Now we are going to get another trilogy of novels about Thrawn before he came to the empire...so more Chiss lore from the man who created them.
Unless they can write a VERY convincing plot about how he survived getting dragged into hyperspace, to some point in the unwritten future........WASTED.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3700 on: July 21, 2020, 10:51:22 PM »

Unless they can write a VERY convincing plot about how he survived getting dragged into hyperspace, to some point in the unwritten future........WASTED.

That is why they ended it the way they did...they aren't done with Thrawn, Ezra, Sabine or Ahsoka

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3701 on: July 22, 2020, 01:13:22 PM »

That is why they ended it the way they did...they aren't done with Thrawn, Ezra, Sabine or Ahsoka
You're sure of this?

But it may all be a moot point as the rumor mill is beginning to churn facts. KK is officially leaving and going to work Bad Robot. <fake sad> And now there is more talk about the possibility of another retcon.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin I will admit, this too has me a little worried, considering the other rumor that Mr. Lucas might be back at the helm. I'm never one to say that something can't get worse. BUT I will also admit, whether or not we get the OC back (properly pruned for consistency) having one person's clear vision for the story will still be better than of pseudo-nerds trying to leave their mark.

Who knows? 2020 may just have a happy ending yet.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3702 on: July 22, 2020, 01:43:41 PM »

You're sure of this?

But it may all be a moot point as the rumor mill is beginning to churn facts. KK is officially leaving and going to work Bad Robot. <fake sad> And now there is more talk about the possibility of another retcon.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin I will admit, this too has me a little worried, considering the other rumor that Mr. Lucas might be back at the helm. I'm never one to say that something can't get worse. BUT I will also admit, whether or not we get the OC back (properly pruned for consistency) having one person's clear vision for the story will still be better than of pseudo-nerds trying to leave their mark.

Who knows? 2020 may just have a happy ending yet.

Said by Filoni himself.  He did not want definite endings for those characters because he felt they could (or do) have more to do.

I've heard the same rumors.  A single vision, even flawed, will always be better than a cluster f**k.  What I have always said about the Prequels, the may have been inferior to the OT but they were still a single persons vison.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3703 on: July 22, 2020, 01:52:23 PM »

Said by Filoni himself.  He did not want definite endings for those characters because he felt they could (or do) have more to do.
For once, I agree. But, c'mon. I can only see one way out for Thrawn, and that's because I've theorized on the effects of hyperspace on the body without the protection of a ship.

I've heard the same rumors.  A single vision, even flawed, will always be better than a cluster f**k.  What I have always said about the Prequels, they may have been inferior to the OT but they were still a single persons vison.
Totally agree.

Ok, tell THIS wouldn't make an friggin awesome take on Son.

Sig by For Tyeth

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3704 on: July 22, 2020, 02:19:04 PM »

Ok, tell THIS wouldn't make an friggin awesome take on Son.

That's a sick mask

Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: