Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 938348 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #885 on: June 22, 2015, 06:08:29 PM »

Dude, I don't write the script.  I'm only saying what Neeson said and I still agree with him.  You can point out 50 million exceptions to every rule out there.   Perhaps Lucas wanted to show just how formidable the Sith truly are and how the Jedi grossly underestimated this because Dooku and Gollum Face totally kicked their collective asses.  In "Jedi Apprentice," they make a point of talking about how Qui-Gon's age had slowed his abilities as a fighter and those were supposed to be pre-Episode I.  It's just one of those inconsistencies, I suppose.

Fair point. Wasn't intending to contradict what you were saying as an individual, merely the idea at large. Apologies for any ruffled feathers.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #886 on: June 23, 2015, 05:00:22 PM »

Fair point. Wasn't intending to contradict what you were saying as an individual, merely the idea at large. Apologies for any ruffled feathers.

You didn't ruffle my feathers lol.  Tone on the internet just doesn't translate. Wink

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #887 on: June 23, 2015, 05:10:28 PM »

Don't I know it. My whole point is that I view the Force similarly to how I view something else (that remains nameless on the Forum). And to me both are limitless.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Inzane
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 30

Light side points please.

« Reply #888 on: June 23, 2015, 05:29:04 PM »

You didn't ruffle my feathers lol.  Tone on the internet just doesn't translate. Wink

Logos can join me in your virtual dog house.   Wink

Aeon v3 (BR, 32" MG)
Dominix LE v4 w/ sound (SRD w/ AB FoC, 32" UE)
Dark Initiate LE v3 (BR, 24" UE)
Initiate LE v3 (GB, 24" UE)

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #889 on: June 23, 2015, 05:32:04 PM »

Logos can join me in your virtual dog house.   Wink

Ha, I love both of you idiots, for real.  Wink   

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #890 on: June 23, 2015, 09:02:52 PM »

I resent and resemble these these comments respectively.

Sig by For Tyeth

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #891 on: June 23, 2015, 11:05:38 PM »

I resent and resemble these these comments respectively.

Take it like the compliment that it is. 

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #892 on: June 29, 2015, 08:15:41 PM »

The fight between Vader and Obi Wan in eIII wouldve been awesome in the jedi temple

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #893 on: June 30, 2015, 12:47:49 PM »

The fight between Vader and Obi Wan in eIII wouldve been awesome in the jedi temple

It was awesome where ever it was held. But it would have been a bit difficult to deliver that level of @$$whoopin to require the suit, thus completing his transformation into our loveable scourge of the galaxy.

In other thoughts... If the Force guides an individual in how to best construct a lightsaber to their custom specs, why is it that those that have to build replacement sabers (Obi-wan & Anakin to name a couple) that completely overhaul the design for the rebuild?

Sig by For Tyeth

JinhamKlyean
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 38

Light-side points preferred.

« Reply #894 on: July 16, 2015, 12:22:25 AM »

In other thoughts... If the Force guides an individual in how to best construct a lightsaber to their custom specs, why is it that those that have to build replacement sabers (Obi-wan & Anakin to name a couple) that completely overhaul the design for the rebuild?

Well, you're not exactly the same person that you were several years ago.

Dark Sentinel v4 (CGreen, UEHG).
Proud member of Indy Lightsaber Academy!

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #895 on: July 16, 2015, 09:42:37 AM »

Well, you're not exactly the same person that you were several years ago.

This. People change. Im sure the styles you liked 20 years ago aren't necessarily what you like now.

Also skill levels. And required functionality.

Padawans and younger Jedi often didnt have the same control of the Force, and therefore often wouldn't have more advanced features built into their lightsabers.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #896 on: July 20, 2015, 03:44:08 PM »

This. People change. Im sure the styles you liked 20 years ago aren't necessarily what you like now.

Also skill levels. And required functionality.

Padawans and younger Jedi often didnt have the same control of the Force, and therefore often wouldn't have more advanced features built into their lightsabers.

Yes, but with the Force able to present glimpses of the future, would it not also be able to guide your construction toward a design that will also avail you in the future as well? τΏτ

Sig by For Tyeth

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #897 on: July 20, 2015, 11:15:24 PM »

Yes, but with the Force able to present glimpses of the future, would it not also be able to guide your construction toward a design that will also avail you in the future as well? τΏτ

Changes in personality, styles... maybe parts available at the time a new saber is needed or where you are when you need to build a replacement?

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #898 on: July 21, 2015, 01:20:10 PM »

Changes in personality, styles... maybe parts available at the time a new saber is needed or where you are when you need to build a replacement?

I guess I can see that. Speaking of replacements...I was under the impression that Obi-Wan needed a replacement after EpI. Then JC brought up the point that Obi was still using the Guardian style in EpII. I found some stills, and he was right. Any of you CW fans know if he was still rolling with it during the Clone Wars, or was it finally MIA from his capture before the battle of Geonosis?

Sig by For Tyeth

JinhamKlyean
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 38

Light-side points preferred.

« Reply #899 on: July 22, 2015, 09:03:37 PM »

Always in motion, the future is.

Dark Sentinel v4 (CGreen, UEHG).
Proud member of Indy Lightsaber Academy!

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: