Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 939931 times)
Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #2610 on: July 17, 2018, 10:58:45 AM »

Knowing Jar Jar Abrams' penchant for useless throw backs, she'll probably construct it offscreen, just like Luke did. If they really wanted to do something crazy-awesome-new, they would utilize her cliche status as a Force super-power and have her be a total badass with Tutaminus. "Saber? I don't need no stinkin' saber." (Heresy I know, but it would make me squeal like a little girl to see them actually do something never seen by the movie going public.) I want to see her go hero-protagonist-mode against Ren's saber with nothing but her fists and feet....and win.

Hmm.    I have to admit, that has a certain appeal.  :-)

Alas, though, I fear that what we're going to get will be more of the same.  Which is oh, so sad...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #2611 on: July 19, 2018, 02:46:58 AM »

Knowing Jar Jar Abrams' penchant for useless throw backs, she'll probably construct it offscreen, just like Luke did. If they really wanted to do something crazy-awesome-new, they would utilize her cliche status as a Force super-power and have her be a total badass with Tutaminus. "Saber? I don't need no stinkin' saber." (Heresy I know, but it would make me squeal like a little girl to see them actually do something never seen by the movie going public.) I want to see her go hero-protagonist-mode against Ren's saber with nothing but her fists and feet....and win.

I really, really like this line of thinking very much Logos. -1

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2612 on: July 19, 2018, 05:47:53 AM »

I still want to see her with a pink or yellow saberstaff, but I'd be totally fine with this (maybe even add in her staff since it already has such a big role in the trilogy).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #2613 on: July 19, 2018, 08:21:03 AM »

I still want to see her with a pink or yellow saberstaff, but I'd be totally fine with this (maybe even add in her staff since it already has such a big role in the trilogy).

I agree with this as well brother Taegin. Perhaps a good combination of what you and Logos said. Knowing what I know about your combined opinions on TLJ and my own I wish I could sit between the two of you for episode IX. I'd pay if I could. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2614 on: July 19, 2018, 04:09:11 PM »

She wouldn't be the first to imbue the Force into an object to allow it to combat a saber.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2615 on: July 19, 2018, 07:25:40 PM »

I've seen two things this week that make me wonder if, for all their bluster, lucasfilm isn't slowly trying to appease fans.   Galaxy of heroes apparently is adding Darth Nihilus, Revan plus a few other "Legends" Sith.  As well a few years ago I remember them saying that they were not going to make or allow anymore merch of Slave Leia...well there is a SDCC exclusive Print of Slave Leia up for preorder...limited to 50 pieces.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2616 on: July 20, 2018, 03:37:34 AM »

The clouds part....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6WcmKRvHpk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6WcmKRvHpk</a>

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2617 on: July 20, 2018, 03:58:20 AM »

I've seen two things this week that make me wonder if, for all their bluster, lucasfilm isn't slowly trying to appease fans.   Galaxy of heroes apparently is adding Darth Nihilus, Revan plus a few other "Legends" Sith.  As well a few years ago I remember them saying that they were not going to make or allow anymore merch of Slave Leia...well there is a SDCC exclusive Print of Slave Leia up for preorder...limited to 50 pieces.

Nihilus has been in the game for a while, they Traya, Sion and Visas Marr a few months ago, and just like 2 weeks ago added Bastila Shan and Jolee Bindo with plans for other TOR characters, so yes, I think you're right, they are trying to keep all the fans even if they some don't like certain aspects of Canon.

and especially with this

The clouds part....

I agree with this as well brother Taegin. Perhaps a good combination of what you and Logos said. Knowing what I know about your combined opinions on TLJ and my own I wish I could sit between the two of you for episode IX. I'd pay if I could. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

That would be so fun. Getting to debate Logos about SW IN REAL LIFE would be super fun.

She wouldn't be the first to imbue the Force into an object to allow it to combat a saber.

True, but she doesn't even necessarily have to use the staff to fight Ren, or maybe she doesn't even let the staff touch Ren's blade.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2618 on: July 20, 2018, 04:11:26 PM »

The clouds part....
How so?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2619 on: July 20, 2018, 05:31:52 PM »

How so?

..... cause there is a Star Wars project worth getting excited for...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2620 on: July 20, 2018, 08:07:43 PM »

..... cause there is a Star Wars project worth getting excited for...
Undecided

I'm happy you're happy, but I will reserve my excitement until after I have tasted the wares.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2621 on: July 20, 2018, 08:34:12 PM »

Undecided

I'm happy you're happy, but I will reserve my excitement until after I have tasted the wares.

What are your concerns

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2622 on: July 20, 2018, 08:36:39 PM »

What are your concerns
Primarily shark-jumps in lieu of actual story. However, if the story is good, then I can get behind it.

Sig by For Tyeth

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #2623 on: July 20, 2018, 01:37:18 PM »

Primarily shark-jumps in lieu of actual story. However, if the story is good, then I can get behind it.

Hear hear.  :-)   They need to make it good, these things are canon after all...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2624 on: July 20, 2018, 08:42:44 PM »

Going by Ahsoka standing next to Bo Katan I'm pretty sure this is the Liberation of Mandalore that was mentioned in the Ahsoka Novel and by Rex in Rebels.  Which means Ahsoka vs Maul...

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: