Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 927343 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2955 on: November 07, 2018, 09:23:08 AM »

Well where is this vid you speak of? I would like very much to see it.

I would like to see this as well, please share Logos.

I don't know, it really depends what we're watching.... Oh, you mean about Sidious.... Whew, I thought we were talking abou.... nevermind.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #2956 on: November 07, 2018, 05:07:19 PM »

I don't know, it really depends what we're watching.... Oh, you mean about Sidious.... Whew, I thought we were talking abou.... nevermind.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2957 on: November 07, 2018, 10:10:23 AM »

Well where is this vid you speak of? I would like very much to see it.
I would like to see this as well, please share Logos.
Sorry, Bro-herrim. I cannot find it. Sad

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2958 on: November 07, 2018, 10:19:18 AM »

Yeah, well, I never said I don't have any....

Sorry, Bro-herrim. I cannot find it. Sad

meh

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #2959 on: November 07, 2018, 08:33:55 PM »

Maybe I already gave you my though about it but I think that Snoke was an unfinished clone of Sidious ... And I think that a new clone will come in ep 9 ...

For Rey, but also for Poe, I really do not like that they are in a permanent "God mode". They are too powerful to make interesting heroes in a movie ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #2960 on: November 07, 2018, 08:38:17 PM »

For Rey, but also for Poe, I really do not like that they are in a permanent "God mode". They are too powerful to make interesting heroes in a movie ...

I know right? Luke, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and most of the other heroes have all been hurt one way or another in these movies, Rey and Poe on the other hand, haven't experienced anything like that, in spite of always being in combat.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2961 on: November 07, 2018, 02:10:58 PM »

What is really going on with BB8

This makes me smile so much

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2962 on: November 07, 2018, 09:38:13 PM »

My theory for Rey before TLJ was that she hadn't actually been on Jakku since she was a child.  At least that young.  I thought she was one of the Child recruits of the First Order and during her training she showed Force Sensitivity.  Before She could be taken before Snoke she was smuggled out of the FO by A Jedi Spy (Either one of Luke's students or maybe even Quinlan Vos, his fate is still unknown) and taken to Jakku then Force persuaded to stay there for her family.  It would explain (imo) not only her absolute compulsion to stay/get back to Jakku but also her familiarity with Imperial Tech and basic combat skills.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #2963 on: November 07, 2018, 04:41:21 PM »

My theory for Rey before TLJ was that she hadn't actually been on Jakku since she was a child.  At least that young.  I thought she was one of the Child recruits of the First Order and during her training she showed Force Sensitivity.  Before She could be taken before Snoke she was smuggled out of the FO by A Jedi Spy (Either one of Luke's students or maybe even Quinlan Vos, his fate is still unknown) and taken to Jakku then Force persuaded to stay there for her family.  It would explain (imo) not only her absolute compulsion to stay/get back to Jakku but also her familiarity with Imperial Tech and basic combat skills.

So, what I find interesting here is that you're assuming that Rey interpreted what she saw in the Force Cave on Ahch-To correctly.  You're also assuming that Kylo was telling her the truth via their connection.

Luke didn't interpret his experience correctly during his vision on Dagobah.

It's still very possible that what Rey "learned" was not the truth.  And Kylo is acting for himself, not for Rey - so he's not necessarily telling the truth either.  His line about her parents is essentially him "negging" her - saying that she's worthless and should settle for him.

As for Poe - to me, he comes across as the Wedge of this trilogy (and I would LOVE to see more of Wedge).  Wedge never suffered a serious setback in the films either...

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2964 on: November 08, 2018, 12:49:14 AM »

So, what I find interesting here is that you're assuming that Rey interpreted what she saw in the Force Cave on Ahch-To correctly. 

Not really as that was my Theory Before TLJ came out.    Now, I have no theory because I just don't care.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #2965 on: November 08, 2018, 03:25:30 AM »

Not really as that was my Theory Before TLJ came out.    Now, I have no theory because I just don't care.

Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #2966 on: November 08, 2018, 05:09:27 AM »

Spose I should leave this here as well...

Are you interested in the wonderful world of Star Wars role playing?!

We are looking at relaunching The Old Republic era RPG and need your input! Head on over to this thread, answer some questions and feel free to ask your own or offer suggestions!

New RPG launch 2018- TOR era game discussion thread

See you there!

Love your GMs, B1ondeange1 and Krace

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2967 on: November 08, 2018, 01:34:11 PM »

As for Poe - to me, he comes across as the Wedge of this trilogy (and I would LOVE to see more of Wedge).  Wedge never suffered a serious setback in the films either...
That's because the OT wasn't about Wedge. But Wedge didn't need a ridiculous backstory, cheesy lines, and a fancy paint job to make him a great pilot; he just was. The mere fact that he survived shell-storm after shell-storm was testament to that. But he was just chill (mostly) and collected through it all, and that's what made him cool. Way cooler than Poe.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2968 on: November 09, 2018, 01:27:27 AM »

That's because the OT wasn't about Wedge. But Wedge didn't need a ridiculous backstory, cheesy lines, and a fancy paint job to make him a great pilot; he just was. The mere fact that he survived shell-storm after shell-storm was testament to that. But he was just chill (mostly) and collected through it all, and that's what made him cool. Way cooler than Poe.

Is Poe's backstory ridiculous?  I actually liked Poe, he was a little bit Wedge, Han and Luke mixed together...which makes sense given he grew up on tales of those heroes.   But as stated, any potential was squandered

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2969 on: November 09, 2018, 06:35:55 AM »

Is Poe's backstory ridiculous?  I actually liked Poe, he was a little bit Wedge, Han and Luke mixed together...which makes sense given he grew up on tales of those heroes.   But as stated, any potential was squandered

Yes it was. Flying since the age of 6? C'mon. That doesn't seem a little contrived? And if he were part Han, he'd be a little bit of a self-preserving prick. But no. He's just a good guy, with zippy one liners and all the charisma in the galaxy.

Gag me with a friggin' spoon.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: