Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 927295 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3255 on: July 29, 2019, 01:47:51 PM »

Very true. Though since they seem to always hit all around their target I'd say they are accurate but terribly not precise.

Just FYI, Precision and Accuracy are two different things. Stormtroopers may be precise, they just are not accurate.

Points to you both

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Kryptonian Jedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #3256 on: August 20, 2019, 05:54:11 PM »

So I was thinking while mowing last night: In ANH, Han loses his $#!% and goes tearing off after a squad of troopers.

This makes no sense. He's just screaming and running, not even shooting. What makes even less sense is that these are supposed to be the fearsome 501st. You're telling me that 8 of the best clones in the Empire can't take down a nut job and his Wookiee?

It's mainly meant to be funny (and it is) and show how Han's just friggin winging it most of the time. This little kamikaze maneuver of his does backfire when he rounds the corner IIRC. I think the troopers are just having a total WTF reaction. lol.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3257 on: August 28, 2019, 01:31:05 PM »

Okay so I know i've been pretty vocal that I enjoy the new movies so this wont come as a big shock but can i just say;

Rey's lightsaber in the new trailer.

That is a whole new level of "need"

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #3258 on: August 28, 2019, 03:52:53 PM »

Okay so I know i've been pretty vocal that I enjoy the new movies so this wont come as a big shock but can i just say;

watch the Umbara arc in season 4 of The Clone Wars TV show. there's a guy with two of them.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #3259 on: August 28, 2019, 04:07:37 PM »

Hi Psycho....I'm on it Ok!

More to come soon in my Blender 3D Concept saber thread!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3260 on: August 28, 2019, 06:14:25 PM »

watch the Umbara arc in season 4 of The Clone Wars TV show. there's a guy with two of them.

What any episode of TCW or Rebels (or Skywalker saga) with Jedi Temple Guards and you will see some as well. Though you don't always realize that they are like that.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3261 on: August 29, 2019, 02:00:08 PM »

Am aware of Krell and the Temple guards, but theres a few elements that caught my attention with Reys. First and foremost the unstable blade caught my eye. Perhaps its a familiar cracked crystal in that saber?

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3262 on: August 29, 2019, 09:58:27 PM »

I was actually surprised at how long it took me to start hearing people talk about the unstable blades. That was one of the very first things I noticed. Also, I was thinking, We know that a double bladed saber needs at least 2 crystals. So if it is actually really Rey and not something else, could she have taken the crystals from Anakin's saber (since we know that the crystal broke in two) and used both of them to create her new lightsaber?

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3263 on: August 29, 2019, 10:02:06 PM »

I was actually surprised at how long it took me to start hearing people talk about the unstable blades. That was one of the very first things I noticed. Also, I was thinking, We know that a double bladed saber needs at least 2 crystals. So if it is actually really Rey and not something else, could she have taken the crystals from Anakin's saber (since we know that the crystal broke in two) and used both of them to create her new lightsaber?

Then how does she still have the Skywalker Saber.....  I'm still saying Vision...she sees them as unstable because that's the only Red saber's she's ever seen

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3264 on: August 29, 2019, 11:31:19 PM »

Then how does she still have the Skywalker Saber.....  I'm still saying Vision...she sees them as unstable because that's the only Red saber's she's ever seen

Yeah, I still think it's a vision as well, but if it isn't, that is a possibility of how she could have a double bladed saber. Also, there is no confirmation of the timeline yet. She may fight Kylo with her blue saber and then go Dark Rey. Not that I think any of that is going to happen, but we don't know yet.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3265 on: September 03, 2019, 06:35:10 PM »

Yep. Sorry PS, it's already been done......twice.

What any episode of TCW or Rebels (or Skywalker saga) with Jedi Temple Guards and you will see some as well. Though you don't always realize that they are like that.
I'm failing to see a hinge.

That's not how it works.

Because KK and her army of flying ass-monkeys think we can't recognize a that a saber is just another cheap copy of the original. -_- And of course Rey utilized all of Luke's teachings to be able to construct a saber of her own.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3266 on: September 03, 2019, 07:22:44 PM »

I'm failing to see a hinge.

Yes, well technically in TCW, Filoni had not yet decided to do that. But they probably do have a hinge "officially". Though maybe not. It may be that only some of the "higher level" Temple Guards had hinged sabers.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3267 on: September 03, 2019, 09:14:49 PM »

It seems like when they snap to full the seam is almost invisible from a distance. 

Honestly I like seeing this saber but unfortunately people are quick to call it stupid because of how Rey ignited it.  As far as I'm aware Pong Krell (Kriff he was a wasted bad ass character) and the Guards never ignited it before snapping it.  The fold was just because as a "pike" it had a longer hilt than a usual double blade. 

Recently a Rumor surfaced from a source that was right a few times before. If you don't want to see what could be a possible spoiler stop reading now

The apparent leak is that Rey will be revealed as Palpatine's Granddaughter.  Now, I am of 2 minds of this.  On the one hand...I like it.  Its an intersting "twist" that the Grandson of the Chosen One is now a instrument of the Dark Side and the Granddaughter of one of (if not the) greatest Sith Lords who ever lived is part of the Light.  Could be an awesome story.........BUT.....introducing ALL that info into the last film could bloat it.  You have to Explain...Who did Palpatine sleep with?  Who was the child of that Union?  Who did they Sleep with to sire Rey?   Who left Rey on Jakku and Why?   These should have begun to be addressed in EP 8.  But, it very well may be untrue and only rumor.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« Reply #3268 on: September 03, 2019, 11:31:11 PM »

The apparent leak is that Rey will be revealed as Palpatine's Granddaughter.  Now, I am of 2 minds of this.  On the one hand...I like it.  Its an intersting "twist" that the Grandson of the Chosen One is now a instrument of the Dark Side and the Granddaughter of one of (if not the) greatest Sith Lords who ever lived is part of the Light.  Could be an awesome story.........BUT.....introducing ALL that info into the last film could bloat it.  You have to Explain...Who did Palpatine sleep with?  Who was the child of that Union?  Who did they Sleep with to sire Rey?   Who left Rey on Jakku and Why?   These should have begun to be addressed in EP 8.  But, it very well may be untrue and only rumor.
Wouldn't that make Rey and Kylo sort of related?  After all, Anakin was "created" by Palpatine, right.  So, if Rey is Palpatine's granddaughter would that make her Kylo's aunt and Luke & Leia's half or step sister, in a round about sort of way?  I mean, this is the same franchise where Luke had a thing for his sister, they kissed a couple of times, then apparently forgot about it later and no one cared.  I'd like it better if Rey was a clone of Palpatine (with dark side tendencies and all).  After all, Luke did say that she went to the dark side quickly and that he had only seen that kind of power once before.  While it was assumed he was talking about Kylo, a case could be made for the Emperor (though that would take a bit of retcon, and we all know THAT'S not going to happen [said with slight sarcasm]).  Anyway, I'm excited about the possibilities.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3269 on: September 04, 2019, 11:08:32 AM »

Vader saved a lot of money on his tie fighter and Super Star Destroyer insurance by switching to Geico Imperial

Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: