Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 937234 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3330 on: October 02, 2019, 06:19:12 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKshk9V-JYc&t=287s

Video about this specific part of the game. He looks pretty closely at the saber.
W T F#$%? I thought Ren's saber was pretentious and contrived. This thing takes the cake. If they make this canon, I may just resign as a Star Wars fan.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3331 on: October 02, 2019, 06:31:47 PM »

W T F#$%? I thought Ren's saber was pretentious and contrived. This thing takes the cake. If they make this canon, I may just resign as a Star Wars fan.

Vader Immortal is indeed canon. I dont know much about the blade itself though, there is more than likely a reason for its odd design

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3332 on: October 02, 2019, 06:47:32 PM »

Was waiting for this reaction.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3333 on: October 02, 2019, 07:47:29 PM »

Let me rephrase my thoughts:

If they cannot deliver a convincing explanation of how this saber is supposed to work, I am going to start a war.

I can see potential for its function, but I'm dubious that these ass hats are creative enough with Force use to actually flesh it out properly. I've had some doozies as far as unconventional saber blade generation, but I've endeavored to flesh them out within the bounds of the fict-sics that govern the the workings of a standard saber.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3334 on: October 02, 2019, 08:02:29 PM »

Let me rephrase my thoughts:

If they cannot deliver a convincing explanation of how this saber is supposed to work, I am going to start a war.

I can see potential for its function, but I'm dubious that these ass hats are creative enough with Force use to actually flesh it out properly. I've had some doozies as far as unconventional saber blade generation, but I've endeavored to flesh them out within the bounds of the fict-sics that govern the the workings of a standard saber.

Since I haven't played the game or talked to the developers, I really don't know if they have any explanation for how it works. I don't know how sabers work "that" well, but even I could come up with a believable way that this one works. If they can't, then they probably shouldn't be making a very lore heavy SW game.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3335 on: October 02, 2019, 08:10:23 PM »

Since I haven't played the game or talked to the developers, I really don't know if they have any explanation for how it works. I don't know how sabers work "that" well, but even I could come up with a believable way that this one works. If they can't, then they probably shouldn't be making a very lore heavy SW game.
Well....they use to make sense in how they worked. Plus, I've noticed a surge, in the post-purge canon, of sabers that just make no sense. It used to be: "Lightsaber! COOL!" And we were happy with it. Now it's like they can't do anything without some shellty gimmick.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3336 on: October 02, 2019, 10:02:49 PM »

In terms of the hilt design, if you watched the whole video you will see the hilt was a Key to the Artifact they are after.  Now whether its was a Key that was made into a lightsaber...or a Lightsaber made into a key is yet to be shown.  Considering the Episode just came out little back info is there. It may come out when the game is through.

I thought Ren's saber was pretentious and contrived.

Not sure what is pretentious or contrived about it.  Odd Sabers filled the EU...even a version of the crosshilt and its a design I always wanted to see.  As well it has a proper back story. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3337 on: October 03, 2019, 04:29:39 PM »

In terms of the hilt design, if you watched the whole video you will see the hilt was a Key to the Artifact they are after.  Now whether its was a Key that was made into a lightsaber...or a Lightsaber made into a key is yet to be shown.  Considering the Episode just came out little back info is there. It may come out when the game is through.
Sounds like someone ripped off RVB.

"Or maybe it's a key all the time, and when you stick it in someone it unlocks their death."

Not sure what is pretentious or contrived about it.  Odd Sabers filled the EU...even a version of the crosshilt and its a design I always wanted to see.  As well it has a proper back story. 
It was another gimmick. "Ooooh. Now we have sabers that resemble long swords." And the whole thing about a cracked crystal (which used to result in explosion), and "bleeding" it.

But I said "thought". Other than the bleeding crystal steaming pile, the use of auxiliary vents to compensate for errant energy streams resulting from a cracked crystal was actually not a terrible explanation. I don't mind an occasional shark-jump in classic design as long as it can be adequately explained.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3338 on: October 18, 2019, 08:37:42 PM »

OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK! I found this thing, and it mostly makes sense. And I like it. All could be forgiven IF they stuck to their secret holding guns better than George did with the conspiracy that Jar Jar was a Sith Lord instead of a bad joke.

(WARNING: mild language)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v89GEy4chm4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v89GEy4chm4</a>

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3339 on: October 18, 2019, 10:06:59 PM »

OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK! I found this thing, and it mostly makes sense. And I like it. All could be forgiven IF they stuck to their secret holding guns better than George did with the conspiracy that Jar Jar was a Sith Lord instead of a bad joke.

(WARNING: mild language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v89GEy4chm4#

Kind of Bits and Pieces of one of the theories I had.  It would make an interesting Climax...Rey is activaterd and now has to choose...her old life as a Dark Sider or with her new Friends.  Kind of like Total Recall where Quaid finds out he was friends with the guys trying to kill him.  This could round out this trilogy nicely and (while not completely erase my disdain) might lessen it.  BUT..really how confident are we that they are this clever...

OH...but apparently they have finally put Korriban back in Canon.  Its currently called Moraband but during the time of the OR it was Korriban.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-sith-planet-korriban-name-canon/

Could it be they are trying to appease the fans....

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #3340 on: October 18, 2019, 11:39:28 PM »

That... was disturbingly logical. I doubt they're that clever or creative, but it's a good theory.

I'm wondering how they're going to fit in the new Anakin Broom Boy Temiri Blagg they showed in TLJ. If he'll make it into TRS, or if he'll have to wait until the next movie after that.

OH...but apparently they have finally put Korriban back in Canon.  Its currently called Moraband but during the time of the OR it was Korriban.

I thought it was clear they put it back in and made it canon in the CW series. Albeit not as fun or interesting as it was in the OR stories. Those last few episodes of CW (which I think Netflix actually made) were pretty ... out there. Although how Ahsoka was supposed to have survived was also just plain "it's late, we're tired, let's just make some sh*t up and call it a night."

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3341 on: October 19, 2019, 12:40:19 AM »

That... was disturbingly logical. I doubt they're that clever or creative, but it's a good theory.

I'm wondering how they're going to fit in the new Anakin Broom Boy Temiri Blagg they showed in TLJ. If he'll make it into TRS, or if he'll have to wait until the next movie after that.

I thought it was clear they put it back in and made it canon in the CW series. Albeit not as fun or interesting as it was in the OR stories. Those last few episodes of CW (which I think Netflix actually made) were pretty ... out there. Although how Ahsoka was supposed to have survived was also just plain "it's late, we're tired, let's just make some sh*t up and call it a night."

The same people who had worked on TCW the whole time worked on those Episodes...Netflix just aired them.  The Sith Homeworld was shown but Lucas did not like the name Korriban..because he thought it sounded to close to Courscant.  So he changed it to Morriband.  But now there is cannon explanation that the name changed.  I'm not quite sure what you mean about Ahsoka though....  her leaving the order? Because that is widely considered one of the best story arcs in the series.

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #3342 on: October 19, 2019, 03:30:31 AM »

No, I meant when she gets killed in Rebels, except she doesn't, and the explanation is... stupid. As far as I can tell, she just as well have been saved by Dr. Who... https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ahsoka_Tano

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3343 on: October 21, 2019, 12:48:09 PM »

Kind of Bits and Pieces of one of the theories I had.  It would make an interesting Climax...Rey is activaterd and now has to choose...her old life as a Dark Sider or with her new Friends.  Kind of like Total Recall where Quaid finds out he was friends with the guys trying to kill him.  This could round out this trilogy nicely and (while not completely erase my disdain) might lessen it.  BUT..really how confident are we that they are this clever...
Sadly I had an after thought.....that @#$%ing stupid line: "There has been an awakening....." <puke> This one line completely undermines this theory. And it was going so well. I could have enjoyed this series so much better had it gone this way.

"Ya see? You can make a good decision when you try."

No, I meant when she gets killed in Rebels, except she doesn't, and the explanation is... stupid. As far as I can tell, she just as well have been saved by Dr. Who... https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ahsoka_Tano
SPOILER ALERT!?! Angry

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3344 on: October 21, 2019, 02:07:06 PM »

Sadly I had an after thought.....that @#$%ing stupid line: "There has been an awakening....." <puke> This one line completely undermines this theory. And it was going so well. I could have enjoyed this series so much better had it gone this way.

UNLESS!  It wasn't Snokes plan.....

Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: