Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 927320 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3465 on: November 19, 2019, 08:42:46 PM »

"You were supposed to bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness."

This is one of the dumbest lines in the prequels, IMO. Everything in the light is NOT balance. In this regard, the Jedi view the Dark Side as an opposing force. It's like saying that 'heads' and 'tails' are two separate coins.

So either the Jedi are hypocrites, or the Force is without will, and the light and dark come from within.

That and "Only a Sith deals in absolutes..."   The Jedi with notable exceptions, were blind hypocrites.  Mace Windu being one of the worst.....  he was the one who mistrusted Anakin the most, questioned every thought or action he had and after Ahsoka was vindicated after the Council threw her to the wolves he had the nerve to declare it was the "will of the Force".  This is why as much of a Sam Jackson fan as I am...I do not like Mace Windu.

Then I will continue preaching the opposing view that there is no light or dark, there is the Force.

Way the Imperial Knights operated in the Legacy Comics. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3466 on: November 19, 2019, 09:22:11 PM »

That and "Only a Sith deals in absolutes..."   The Jedi with notable exceptions, were blind hypocrites.  Mace Windu being one of the worst.....  he was the one who mistrusted Anakin the most, questioned every thought or action he had and after Ahsoka was vindicated after the Council threw her to the wolves he had the nerve to declare it was the "will of the Force".  This is why as much of a Sam Jackson fan as I am...I do not like Mace Windu.
Either that, or we have deplorably $#!%ty writers in this franchise.

Way the Imperial Knights operated in the Legacy Comics. 
I am not as familiar with them as I'd like.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3467 on: November 19, 2019, 09:58:02 PM »

Either that, or we have deplorably $#!%ty writers in this franchise.
I am not as familiar with them as I'd like.

Most likely the First Group of Imperial Knights were trained by Empress Jaina Fel

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3468 on: November 20, 2019, 01:04:28 AM »

If you are referring to potential, I will concur. Starkiller was indeed powerful, but I feel his potential within the Force was pretty tapped by the end of the first game.

Yes, I was speaking completely in terms of potential.

"You were supposed to bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness."

This is one of the dumbest lines in the prequels, IMO. Everything in the light is NOT balance. In this regard, the Jedi view the Dark Side as an opposing force. It's like saying that 'heads' and 'tails' are two separate coins.

I will disagree with you here, Kenobi never says anything about there not being any darkness, just that the Force as a whole cannot be wholly dark. What Sidious wanted done was all Jedi and lightside Force users to be destroyed, effectively shutting off all light in the galaxy. There would be no balance, and it would be left in darkness. He nearly did this, which is why the time between ROTJ and ANH is called "the dark times" ("Before the Dark Times, before the Empire" - Old Ben). Had Anakin succeeded (and Sidious, because he failed to kill Yoda too), the galaxy would have been left in darkness. Instead, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Cal Kestis, Caleb Dume, Jocasta Nu and a few others survived (for a time) allowing the galaxy to be left with essentially a nightlight.

Also, it is necessary to note that darkness is the absence of light. Therefore, if all darkness (Hutts, Cartels, Underworlds, Bounty Hunters, Mercenaries, etc.) could be removed, there could theoretically be "absolute" balance. Unfortunately that is completely impossible.

So either the Jedi are hypocrites, or the Force is without will, and the light and dark come from within.

I wouldn't say the Jedi are hypocrites, more of they just do not have a correct understanding of what balance looks like. Or else they are just looking for that "absolute balance" I mentioned earlier, which as I said, cannot exist.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3469 on: November 20, 2019, 05:09:07 PM »

Most likely the First Group of Imperial Knights were trained by Empress Jaina Fel
I'm listening.

I will disagree with you here, Kenobi never says anything about there not being any darkness,
Not directly, but he is making reference to the Jedi belief that the Chosen One was supposed to destroy the Sith, and bring balance to the Force. The Sith represent the bulk of the Dark Side in the galaxy. Destroying them would only further UNbalance the Force. I know I've referenced the theory that due to this imbalance of light to dark for so long is what allowed the Sith to decimate the Jedi. With their drastically reduced numbers, the Force was closer to being balanced than it had been since the battle of Ruusan 1000 years prior.

just that the Force as a whole cannot be wholly dark. What Sidious wanted done was all Jedi and lightside Force users to be destroyed, effectively shutting off all light in the galaxy. There would be no balance, and it would be left in darkness.
True. The more I think about it the more I draw the conclusion that despite playing the long con, Sidious was exceptionally short sighted. HE abandon the Grand Plan in favor of merely wiping out his opposition and never trained a true apprentice. He wanted to live and rule forever.

BUT, {I can't believe I'm referencing this crap} in TFA the darkness had risen once again to a superior position and the Force reacted with a balance. <barf>

He nearly did this, which is why the time between ROTS and ANH is called "the dark times" ("Before the Dark Times, before the Empire" - Old Ben). Had Anakin succeeded (and Sidious, because he failed to kill Yoda too), the galaxy would have been left in darkness. Instead, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Cal Kestis, Caleb Dume, Jocasta Nu and a few others survived (for a time) allowing the galaxy to be left with essentially a nightlight.
     FTFY
But with that, the Force is still imbalanced because there are still more Jedi operating than Sith. I know there are also lesser Dark Side users in the galaxy, Night Sisters namely. (And screw Feloni's bad story telling)

Also, it is necessary to note that darkness is the absence of light. Therefore, if all darkness (Hutts, Cartels, Underworlds, Bounty Hunters, Mercenaries, etc.) could be removed, there could theoretically be "absolute" balance. Unfortunately that is completely impossible.
By this logic, all it would take to counter the Dark Side is good people to stand up for what is right, regardless of sensitivity, in order to balance the Force. In which case, the Force would, for the most part, never be terribly unbalanced. Kinda lends to a limp story.

I wouldn't say the Jedi are hypocrites, more of they just do not have a correct understanding of what balance looks like. Or else they are just looking for that "absolute balance" I mentioned earlier, which as I said, cannot exist.
Even with "absolute balance" they would still act against forces that seek to spread fear, destruction, and death. Hondo's lot weren't exactly the Salvation Army, so despite the lines separating allies and enemies getting real fuzzy during war times, in times of peace the Jedi would have completely shut down that pirate organization.

The Je'daii understood absolute balance.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3470 on: November 20, 2019, 06:41:18 PM »

I'm listening.

By the end of the EU....Jaina had married Jagged Fel, Emperor of the Imperial Remnant.  Thus she became Empress.  Since it wasn't written it falls to speculation but sometime afterwards a Jagged and Jaina began the Imperial Knights, Force Users who served the Empire not the Force.  The Force was a tool in their arsenal and they saw it as neither Dark or Light...it was only those who used it who were Dark or Light.  Much like the Praetorian of Rome they were also sworn to Destroy the Emperor should he use the Force for Darkness.  By the time of the Legacy Comic series, the Empire is ruled by Ronan Fel...Jaina and Jagged's Grandson....so He was Anakin's Great Great Grandson.   So...Anakin's Progeny went on to lead The Jedi, The Sith (Jacen) AND The Empire.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3471 on: November 21, 2019, 04:32:53 PM »

By the end of the EU....Jaina had married Jagged Fel, Emperor of the Imperial Remnant.  Thus she became Empress.  Since it wasn't written it falls to speculation but sometime afterwards a Jagged and Jaina began the Imperial Knights, Force Users who served the Empire not the Force.  The Force was a tool in their arsenal and they saw it as neither Dark or Light...it was only those who used it who were Dark or Light.  Much like the Praetorian of Rome they were also sworn to Destroy the Emperor should he use the Force for Darkness.  By the time of the Legacy Comic series, the Empire is ruled by Ronan Fel...Jaina and Jagged's Grandson....so He was Anakin's Great Great Grandson.   So...Anakin's Progeny went on to lead The Jedi, The Sith (Jacen) AND The Empire.
This sounds like a pretty sweet story arc. WHY can't we get stuff like this in our movies?

Points for the history lesson.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3472 on: November 21, 2019, 05:42:07 PM »

This sounds like a pretty sweet story arc. WHY can't we get stuff like this in our movies?

Points for the history lesson.

Because for some odd reason, the current powers that be want the Skywalker bloodline to end and die off.

thanks, have a point back.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3473 on: November 21, 2019, 06:13:06 PM »

Because for some odd reason, the current powers that be want the Skywalker bloodline to end and die off.
I'd like them to end and die off.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3474 on: November 22, 2019, 12:55:13 AM »

But with that, the Force is still imbalanced because there are still more Jedi operating than Sith. I know there are also lesser Dark Side users in the galaxy, Night Sisters namely. (And screw Feloni's bad story telling)

Can't really disagree with anything else you said in this post, but I would like to mention (even though I am almost positive you also dislike this) the Inquisitors. Their goal was to literally hunt down and destroy any remaining Jedi. By the 0 BBY I am pretty sure the Imperial Inquisitorious had been disbanded (would have to check on that though), which makes sense given that if the Force has to be balanced according to your perspective, there would have to be two Jedi and two Sith. Obi-Wan and Yoda, and Vader and Palps. With the Inquisitors and the for the most part not fully trained remaining Jedi, they would just about equal each other out once again. Also, usually if one Jedi was killed, an Inquisitor would be killed soon after (and vice versa).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3475 on: November 22, 2019, 08:49:43 PM »

Can't really disagree with anything else you said in this post, but I would like to mention (even though I am almost positive you also dislike this) the Inquisitors. Their goal was to literally hunt down and destroy any remaining Jedi. By the 0 BBY I am pretty sure the Imperial Inquisitorious had been disbanded (would have to check on that though), which makes sense given that if the Force has to be balanced according to your perspective, there would have to be two Jedi and two Sith. Obi-Wan and Yoda, and Vader and Palps. With the Inquisitors and the for the most part not fully trained remaining Jedi, they would just about equal each other out once again. Also, usually if one Jedi was killed, an Inquisitor would be killed soon after (and vice versa).
<cringe> My views are that undocumented Force users are left in the galaxy. Some for light, some dark. Basically, the Force needs no help balancing itself, unless something catastrophic occurs.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3476 on: November 22, 2019, 11:13:14 PM »

I don't mind the inquisitors (weapons not withstanding) but I don't like the "Out in the Open" idea.  A group of Dark Siders secretly hunting down lesser Jedi while Vader openly destroys resistance and more dangerous Jedi would have been better.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3477 on: November 25, 2019, 02:25:19 PM »

I don't mind the inquisitors (weapons not withstanding) but I don't like the "Out in the Open" idea.  A group of Dark Siders secretly hunting down lesser Jedi while Vader openly destroys resistance and more dangerous Jedi would have been better.

Agree with this

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3478 on: November 25, 2019, 05:45:48 PM »

Explain please

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3479 on: November 26, 2019, 03:13:43 AM »

Explain please

Much like the Hands from the EU.  Force sensitives who worked in the shadows doing the Emperors will.   The Inquisitors work openly...leading troops, commanding civilians.  This doesn't mesh with Imperial Propaganda of Force Users.  Vader was usually the only one who could work openly with no push back.

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: