Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 938237 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3480 on: November 26, 2019, 06:09:31 PM »

Much like the Hands from the EU.  Force sensitives who worked in the shadows doing the Emperors will.   The Inquisitors work openly...leading troops, commanding civilians.  This doesn't mesh with Imperial Propaganda of Force Users.  Vader was usually the only one who could work openly with no push back.
Agreed. You even referenced a scene where Vader and Sid unleashed hell because there was no one around to hide from........that were going to survive the encounter. This was also observed in the OC. Vader gave explicit order to Starkiller to kill all who saw him; "Imperials and Kota's men alike." Though, now I want to see what happens if you leave any survivors in that mission. Roll Eyes Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3481 on: January 27, 2020, 04:41:55 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5uf1bkQQ-s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5uf1bkQQ-s</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F574Z59IEkk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F574Z59IEkk</a>

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

DOA40
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -19

Peace Is a Lie

« Reply #3482 on: January 27, 2020, 05:09:20 PM »

It always amazed me when I read "The Jedi Path" how they talk about certain Force abilities-like the Lightning ability-being a Sith only ability.  This is just really a case of it depends on intent of the power you're using.  I mean, I read somewhere that quite a number of the Jedi that were in the Medical Corps knew the Lightning ability because it was a good way to restart a person's heart that had stop, much like they do with defibs today.  I mean, I get that a lot of Sith love using that ability, but the various powers that a Jedi and Sith use are neither good or evil.  It's just about intent.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and leave everyone wondering how in the hell you did that.

Current Blades Owned:

Arbiter-Basic Sound Mystery Box-Fire Orange

Dark Mantis-Basic Sound Saber-Violet Amethyst

Emperor's Hand-Emerald Sound Saber-Consular Green

Renegade LE-Premium Sound Saber-Blazing Red

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3483 on: January 27, 2020, 05:19:29 PM »

It always amazed me when I read "The Jedi Path" how they talk about certain Force abilities-like the Lightning ability-being a Sith only ability.  This is just really a case of it depends on intent of the power you're using.  I mean, I read somewhere that quite a number of the Jedi that were in the Medical Corps knew the Lightning ability because it was a good way to restart a person's heart that had stop, much like they do with defibs today.  I mean, I get that a lot of Sith love using that ability, but the various powers that a Jedi and Sith use are neither good or evil.  It's just about intent.

From my understand it has to do with A.) The "feelings" needed to manifest it. and B.) Its nature.     

Force Lightening is created by using Anger..ie the Dark Side.  As to nature its purely an offensive move...Jedi are only supposed to use the Force in defense.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3484 on: January 27, 2020, 05:21:11 PM »

It's not a far cry from the truth. Just as one electrical surge can interrupt the involuntary muscular rhythm of the heart, and another can restart it, why couldn't such an electrical surge be generated from the "light side". As I have argued for a long time, light and dark emanate from the heart not the Force.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3485 on: February 12, 2020, 02:31:16 PM »

I watched this last night. Very enlightening.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awoqOq-n6CQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awoqOq-n6CQ</a>

Also watched this. It's perfect.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJH_RbnrGUs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJH_RbnrGUs</a>

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3486 on: February 13, 2020, 12:32:10 AM »

It's not a far cry from the truth. Just as one electrical surge can interrupt the involuntary muscular rhythm of the heart, and another can restart it, why couldn't such an electrical surge be generated from the "light side". As I have argued for a long time, light and dark emanate from the heart not the Force.

I agree.  If I remember correctly, a Lightsider using lightening had to be very skilled and carful since it was something that could easily be used for ill.  I remember in the PSX game Jedi Power Battles, Plo Koon could use lightening. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3487 on: February 13, 2020, 01:32:32 PM »

I agree.  If I remember correctly, a Lightsider using lightening had to be very skilled and carful since it was something that could easily be used for ill.  I remember in the PSX game Jedi Power Battles, Plo Koon could use lightening. 
That is very true. Much like Windu using Juyo/Vapaad, or teaching it for that matter, the use of emotions for a Jedi was walking a razor thin line.

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3488 on: February 13, 2020, 02:17:36 PM »

Same with Adi Gallia in Star Wars Jedi Starfighter. Though these are both quite non-canon

DOA40
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -19

Peace Is a Lie

« Reply #3489 on: February 13, 2020, 07:00:50 PM »

That is very true. Much like Windu using Juyo/Vapaad, or teaching it for that matter, the use of emotions for a Jedi was walking a razor thin line.

Yeah, I think I remember reading somewhere that Mace only taught one other person his unique style of Vapaad (and I could be mis-remembering the amount) and it backfired horribly.  It's why he wouldn't teach it to anyone else that asked, because I believe Anakin asked at one point to be taught it and Mace told him basically "no way in hell".

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and leave everyone wondering how in the hell you did that.

Current Blades Owned:

Arbiter-Basic Sound Mystery Box-Fire Orange

Dark Mantis-Basic Sound Saber-Violet Amethyst

Emperor's Hand-Emerald Sound Saber-Consular Green

Renegade LE-Premium Sound Saber-Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3490 on: February 13, 2020, 07:13:00 PM »

Yeah, I think I remember reading somewhere that Mace only taught one other person his unique style of Vapaad (and I could be mis-remembering the amount) and it backfired horribly.  It's why he wouldn't teach it to anyone else that asked, because I believe Anakin asked at one point to be taught it and Mace told him basically "no way in hell".

And this ^ made me think of this v

{LANGUAGE WARNING}
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmgczeesxvU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmgczeesxvU</a>

If memory serves, the Jedi Path talked about only a very select few students are ever taught Juyo. It is similar to some real world martial arts that are only taught as a means of preserving knowledge only.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3491 on: February 14, 2020, 02:20:40 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OnieKUgv3I" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OnieKUgv3I</a>

Made my day.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3492 on: February 14, 2020, 01:52:19 PM »

Saw this yesterday as well. Hilarious, but still missed so many opportunities. I liked that I wasn't the only one who picked up that Finn is next to useless except for whooping and needlessly screaming at people who can't hear him.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3493 on: February 14, 2020, 02:21:24 PM »

Saw this yesterday as well. Hilarious, but still missed so many opportunities. I liked that I wasn't the only one who picked up that Finn is next to useless except for whooping and needlessly screaming at people who can't hear him.

The "that come out of nowhere" lined from Windu really cracked me up.  It heartens me that the "fly by the seat of their pants" story telling was obvious to a lot more people.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3494 on: February 14, 2020, 04:00:31 PM »

The "that come out of nowhere" lined from Windu really cracked me up.  It heartens me that the "fly by the seat of their pants" story telling was obvious to a lot more people.
I don't remember that line. Have to watch again.

I just watched all 3 again this week. To me, the "story telling" is what screamed MONEY GRAB the loudest. It came across as a couple of fan-boys that "loved" the originals and loaded 80% of a feminazi producer's girl-power fanfic with remade scenes and references. The rest was colloquial contrivances and shark jumps.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: