Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 927274 times)
Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #3525 on: March 24, 2020, 06:52:29 PM »

If you knew the people I have to explain things to, you wouldn't even trust me to know what I know.
LOL. That's a million dollar bumper sticker right there. I want it printed on shirts stat. Before I'm doubted again, stat is short for statim which is Latin for "right @%$#ing now!" Wink

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3526 on: March 24, 2020, 07:00:46 PM »

LOL. That's a million dollar bumper sticker right there. I want it printed on shirts stat. Before I'm doubted again, stat is short for statim which is Latin for "right @%$#ing now!" Wink
Case in point, back in highschool we were arguing James Bond, I said "For Sean Connery will always be James Bond." And without skipping a beat, my buddy chimes in "Sean Connery was never James Bond." Shocked

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3527 on: March 24, 2020, 08:17:20 PM »

Case in point, back in highschool we were arguing James Bond, I said "For Sean Connery will always be James Bond." And without skipping a beat, my buddy chimes in "Sean Connery was never James Bond." Shocked

Wait...... was he serious?

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3528 on: March 24, 2020, 08:27:41 PM »

Wait...... was he serious?
As a heart attack.

I have tried to mentally document the reasons for my social noncompliance. Not trusting others' information is deeply seeded, and requires much work on an individuals part to overcome.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3529 on: March 24, 2020, 09:49:09 PM »

As a heart attack.

I have tried to mentally document the reasons for my social noncompliance. Not trusting others' information is deeply seeded, and requires much work on an individuals part to overcome.

This intrigues me.... Did he just start with Roger Moore?  Please don't tell me he only knew Brosnan.... I might punch my screen.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3530 on: March 25, 2020, 01:15:11 PM »

This intrigues me.... Did he just start with Roger Moore?  Please don't tell me he only knew Brosnan.... I might punch my screen.
Don't know. I know when I was young, and assumed that the beard had always just been a part of his face, I didn't make the connection and had to be told. But by HS I was making connections by voice, eyes, sometimes mannerisms.

My friend wasn't the brightest crayon in the box. Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3531 on: March 30, 2020, 12:57:36 PM »

Did anyone else feel that all the interaction between Anakin and Dooku, in TCW, was a poor fit? I always felt that the exchange between the two in Ep.3 was to imply that they hadn't seen each other since Ep.2.

However I will say this about that: cartoon Anakin was way better than movie Anakin. (Sorry Hayden)

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3532 on: April 06, 2020, 03:46:20 AM »

Did anyone else feel that all the interaction between Anakin and Dooku, in TCW, was a poor fit? I always felt that the exchange between the two in Ep.3 was to imply that they hadn't seen each other since Ep.2.

However I will say this about that: cartoon Anakin was way better than movie Anakin. (Sorry Hayden)

It still fits imo.   Shoehorned?  yes  but still fits.  Its a few months instead of a few years.    I agree.  Anakin's portrayal in TCW was light years ahead.  Really to show someone like him rise and fall it would take more than 2 or 3 films. The show gave them that time to show his pain and resentment grow (asshole Windu).  But to be fair I think Hayden could have pulled it off with a better script and director.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3533 on: April 06, 2020, 01:13:14 PM »

But to be fair I think Hayden could have pulled it off with a better script and director.
That too

Sig by For Tyeth

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3534 on: April 06, 2020, 02:32:37 PM »

Blasphemous statement. Sean Connery is legendary and is part of the franchise, one of my favorites and best actor to take the mantle in my opinion.

DarthRegol
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -8

Balance Should be Key over control

« Reply #3535 on: April 06, 2020, 07:13:04 PM »

The reference is to a line in the sequel Army of Darkness.
True True!  I was refering to the Evil Dead as the franchise not the movie XD...However I was recently in Evil Dead the Musical at my College and that was one of the lines (which of course came from Army of Darkness)

"Two there should be. No more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it" -Darth Bane

DarthRegol
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -8

Balance Should be Key over control

« Reply #3536 on: April 06, 2020, 07:15:55 PM »

It still fits imo.   Shoehorned?  yes  but still fits.  Its a few months instead of a few years.    I agree.  Anakin's portrayal in TCW was light years ahead.  Really to show someone like him rise and fall it would take more than 2 or 3 films. The show gave them that time to show his pain and resentment grow (asshole Windu).  But to be fair I think Hayden could have pulled it off with a better script and director.
Dude so true...Windu treated Anakin like a five year old and practically led him to the dark side...Like I love Sam L Jackson but c'mon Lucas why did you make his character such a stuck up dick

"Two there should be. No more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it" -Darth Bane

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3537 on: April 07, 2020, 01:50:14 PM »

Dude so true...Windu treated Anakin like a five year old and practically led him to the dark side...Like I love Sam L Jackson but c'mon Lucas why did you make his character such a stuck up dick
There were a LOT of Jedi that were....I think sanctimonious is the perfect word for them. All the while the war was weakening their resistance to the Dark Side. For those watching S7 (which I was thoroughly enjoying thru E4) I love how Anakin "dealt" with Trench. Of all the many shortcomings of TCW as a series, the one arena that has not failed me has been the portrayal of Anakin and his struggle against his baser nature: "I'm powerful, you're not. Do the math."

Sig by For Tyeth

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #3538 on: April 07, 2020, 11:08:37 PM »

Just finished reading The Approaching Storm. Without doubt, the most boring and ridiculous of the Star Wars EU novels I've read thus far. I don't usually read something and have a burning desire to tell people about it, but wow, avoid at all cost.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3539 on: April 08, 2020, 12:30:08 AM »

Just finished reading The Approaching Storm. Without doubt, the most boring and ridiculous of the Star Wars EU novels I've read thus far. I don't usually read something and have a burning desire to tell people about it, but wow, avoid at all cost.

Which is funny since it was written by the man who technically began the EU

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: