Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 927289 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3645 on: May 22, 2020, 06:34:46 PM »

It's mean, but I hope it cost them billions.

Money talks.  Best summation they need to take to heart....You don't need to "kill" the past to look to the future.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3646 on: May 22, 2020, 07:23:35 PM »

Money talks.  Best summation they need to take to heart....You don't need to "kill" the past to look to the future.
Those that do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. Although......I'd bet that's what they wanted to happen: everybody loses their minds over this thing they made. Problem is that it wasn't original. Nobody had ever done anything like the OT. Fans had nothing to compare it to. The OT became the bench mark. Although the PT didn't measure up, it was at least original. And the utter failure of the ST has been discussed to death. Roll Eyes Grin

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3647 on: May 22, 2020, 08:11:13 PM »

I've heard rumors that both Boba and Rex might be showing up. Temuera would be the obvious choice to play both. By clone life expectancy, Rex should be ancient. It'll be interesting to see if they pay attention to that detail.

Wait. I just looked up the Clone Wars......they only lasted THREE years?
Well, if Lucasfilm has learned anything from the recent pear-shaped trilogy, it's "DON'T FRIGGIN ARGUE WITH THE FANS."

As for character appearances, why not both?

Basically Temuera is a little too old to play Boba (Boba would be about 45) and too young to play Rex (about 70) during the time that Mandalorian is set. That being said, if they wanted to have both Rex and Boba, why not bring back Daniel Logan? He's a bit too young for Boba, but I don't think anyone would care. But then again, same thing could be said for Temuera.

And yeah, even though it took 7 seasons to tell to story of the Clone Wars, it only lasted 3 years, which is surprisingly short for the effect it had on the Galaxy. Just goes to show you how horrible the Clone Wars really was.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3648 on: May 22, 2020, 09:01:23 PM »

Basically Temuera is a little too old to play Boba (Boba would be about 45) and too young to play Rex (about 70) during the time that Mandalorian is set. That being said, if they wanted to have both Rex and Boba, why not bring back Daniel Logan? He's a bit too young for Boba, but I don't think anyone would care. But then again, same thing could be said for Temuera.

And yeah, even though it took 7 seasons to tell to story of the Clone Wars, it only lasted 3 years, which is surprisingly short for the effect it had on the Galaxy. Just goes to show you how horrible the Clone Wars really was.
Let's see. Boba= 10y (ATC) + 3y(O66) + 19y(0BBY) + 9y(ABY) = 41yo

Assuming Rex was Gen 1, he would be twice as old physically.  (20cy (ATC) + 6cy(O66) + 38cy(0BBY) + 18cy(ABY) = 82cyo.) But it's called makeup.

I won't disagree that Boba and Rex should look different. They aged differently, and had drastically different experiences. This was the case back in the day, as to why they explained the clones looked so much different to Jango in ATC. (Which I was fully on board with.)

I could have sworn that the CW lasted for more than 3 years. That would make Anakin only 22 when he became Darth Vader. That's just all kinds of messed up.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3649 on: May 22, 2020, 11:31:01 PM »

Assuming Rex was Gen 1, he would be twice as old physically.  (20cy (ATC) + 6cy(O66) + 38cy(0BBY) + 18cy(ABY) = 82cyo.) But it's called makeup.

I won't disagree that Boba and Rex should look different. They aged differently, and had drastically different experiences. This was the case back in the day, as to why they explained the clones looked so much different to Jango in ATC. (Which I was fully on board with.)

I could have sworn that the CW lasted for more than 3 years. That would make Anakin only 22 when he became Darth Vader. That's just all kinds of messed up.

I believe (though I don't know why) that after the clones reached maturity (20), the accelerated growth stopped or slowed down or something. But yeah, either way, Rex is pretty old by the time ROTJ and The Mandolorian come around.

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« Reply #3650 on: May 22, 2020, 11:39:53 PM »

Rex would LOOK twice as old physically, but he wouldn't actually BE twice as old.  Remember, the clones had their growth accelerated (by how long, we don't know.  I don't think it was ever stated).  So, he wouldn't have the miles of an 82-year-old, maybe only a 45 to 50-year-old.  It has also been implied that Rex and Nik Sant in RotJ were one and the same (first as a fan theory, then Filoni supported the theory, the by the fact that Rex in is the Battle of Endor scene in "Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures", which is new canon).  So Rex could definitely be around and kicking five years later in the "Mandalorian".

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #3651 on: May 24, 2020, 01:15:45 AM »

Was going through my Force Awakens visual dictionary and found this rather humorous tidbit (at least in my own personal Sequel-despising way, I'll freely admit.) So going back to Episode 7, I'm pretty certain that the first cataloged contrived "Rey moment" in the trilogy was when she meets BB-8 in the sands of Jakku. We're supposed to be made to believe that Rey is a scrapper, a plucky protagonist who's training and survival skills in a harsh landscape are what makes her a good fighter and such. I.e. she's tough because her environment is dog-eat-dog. Thus entered the first issue, BB-8 gets captured by this guy, named "Teedo" by the way. You might remember him.

What struck me so odd when watching the scene unfold is that Rey "rescues" BB-8 from this fellow scrapper by... literally just walking off with him. Not too much time later we find out that (surprise) the astromech droid is worth a small fortune on a backwater world of Jakku. Which begs the question, if you had captured a goldmine of a droid in your net, would you let some girl walk off with it? Umm... no. Unless of course the plot demanded it.

Enter in the hilarity, this is from the same page of the visual dictionary:

Oops.

Little Teedo is described as some badass scavenger right there. It's a shame he had that momentary steak of niceness when he encountered Rey.

end rant  Cheesy

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #3652 on: May 24, 2020, 02:44:19 AM »

Kaud (new character in RoS) looks like a giant barbed space penis

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« Reply #3653 on: May 25, 2020, 03:00:49 PM »

Happy 43 birthday to the groundbreaking franchise we all love!

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3654 on: May 26, 2020, 05:42:34 PM »

I believe (though I don't know why) that after the clones reached maturity (20), the accelerated growth stopped or slowed down or something. But yeah, either way, Rex is pretty old by the time ROTJ and The Mandolorian come around.
Nope. Stop and think about it. In SWR, Rex, Wolfe and Gregor are all effectively pensioners. Gregor's on the verge of senile, Wolfe is already there. These are traits of "old" men, not men that are only in their 40's. If you assume a clone is mature in 10 years, then has rapid aging stopped, Rex would only be about 33yo in SWR. This doesn't stand. So the only rational explanation is that the accelerated life cycle remains for the clone's entire life. Keep in mind, clones were effectively "disposable troops"; they were never meant to live to old age.

Rex would LOOK twice as old physically, but he wouldn't actually BE twice as old.  Remember, the clones had their growth accelerated (by how long, we don't know.  I don't think it was ever stated).  So, he wouldn't have the miles of an 82-year-old, maybe only a 45 to 50-year-old.  It has also been implied that Rex and Nik Sant in RotJ were one and the same (first as a fan theory, then Filoni supported the theory, the by the fact that Rex in is the Battle of Endor scene in "Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures", which is new canon).  So Rex could definitely be around and kicking five years later in the "Mandalorian".
Not arguing that he wouldn't still be alive. He'd just be very old by clone standards.

Was going through my Force Awakens visual dictionary and found this rather humorous tidbit (at least in my own personal Sequel-despising way, I'll freely admit.) So going back to Episode 7, I'm pretty certain that the first cataloged contrived "Rey moment" in the trilogy was when she meets BB-8 in the sands of Jakku. We're supposed to be made to believe that Rey is a scrapper, a plucky protagonist who's training and survival skills in a harsh landscape are what makes her a good fighter and such. I.e. she's tough because her environment is dog-eat-dog. Thus entered the first issue, BB-8 gets captured by this guy, named "Teedo" by the way. You might remember him.

What struck me so odd when watching the scene unfold is that Rey "rescues" BB-8 from this fellow scrapper by... literally just walking off with him. Not too much time later we find out that (surprise) the astromech droid is worth a small fortune on a backwater world of Jakku. Which begs the question, if you had captured a goldmine of a droid in your net, would you let some girl walk off with it? Umm... no. Unless of course the plot demanded it.

Oops.

Little Teedo is described as some badass scavenger right there. It's a shame he had that momentary steak of niceness when he encountered Rey.

end rant  Cheesy
Dumber still: I can't even remember where I read it (LEGO TFA I believe). Teedo is not 1 character but a race. Their language doesn't distinguish between first person singular and first person plural , so Teedo is the word used to describe 'I', 'we', 'me' and 'us'. Or something stupid and pretentious like that.

Happy 43 birthday to the groundbreaking franchise we all love!

Happy birthday to my mom. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3655 on: May 28, 2020, 01:35:52 PM »

Oops.

end rant  Cheesy

To be fair...he's described as brutish and having the zeal of a tyrant..... neither of these automatically equal "badass".   Basically he talks big but probably cant back it up.  But the assessment of Rey is still accurate.  Really did Daisy a disservice.   

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3656 on: June 13, 2020, 02:39:20 AM »

Someone today told me that Mother Talzin, Asajj Ventress and the Nightsisters are Zabraki. I consider this false based on everything we know about Zabraks, but what do y'all think? Looking at Logos and Tepes on this one (and anyone else I guess)...

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #3657 on: June 13, 2020, 12:15:21 PM »

Someone today told me that Mother Talzin, Asajj Ventress and the Nightsisters are Zabraki. I consider this false based on everything we know about Zabraks, but what do y'all think? Looking at Logos and Tepes on this one (and anyone else I guess)...
That's true:
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Dathomirian

And to give you a "certain point of view" where they aren't exactly "Zabraki:"
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Dathomirian/Legends

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3658 on: June 13, 2020, 08:54:25 PM »

First off..I'm a bit flattered my name (and Logos to I guess)  comes up in terms of Lore questions..so have a point.

But Dutchman beat me to the punch with his Links.

Basically:  Old Canon (Legends): Not Exactly Zabraki
                 Disney Canon:  Yes.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3659 on: June 15, 2020, 04:19:15 AM »

The issue I have with that is that the requirements for "all zabraks" is that they have a ring of horns on their head. The Nightsisters do not have said ring. So either someone needs to update the canon page on Wookieepedia with the correct information (whichever way it is), or I am going to continue to belive that they are not the same species of Zabrak as Eeth Koth or Maul. Even if you were to say "well females just don't have horns" I could sight a character from TCW who is a female Zabrak with horns. Her name is Sugi. See the problem?

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: