Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 927385 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3750 on: July 27, 2020, 08:33:58 PM »

Hey! I had used the marey sue before!

I'll think I'll keep it from now on. It sets a new level of the term =)
And I didn't get the joke, and ended up correcting the spelling in the quote. It's just cuz he strategically used caps and a hyphon. Points to you too.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #3751 on: July 27, 2020, 11:46:42 PM »

And I didn't get the joke, and ended up correcting the spelling in the quote. It's just cuz he strategically used caps and a hyphon. Points to you too.

Alas, I have to admit that it isn't my original material, saw it a looonggg time ago on a Youtube video that was all about Rey and Mary Sues. But it totally got stuck in my brain. Especially the way that the Youtuber pronounced it.

Hey DarthRondoudou, if you came up with that on your own independently then that's some serious pointage for you man. Have one on me anyway.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3752 on: July 28, 2020, 12:38:24 AM »

According to the movie novelization I'm guessing?

Movie actually.

Define "extensive knowledge". She saw it sitting there most of her life never flying and came to the conclusion that it was useless?

It can be implied based on the fact that she could fly it by herself almost instantly (though not good at first). Before TLJ came out, that wasn't that Mary Sue-ish. It was just something that in her life on Jakuu she had learned about. But also when her and Han were trying to keep the Hyperdrive from killing them all, she knew what was wrong with it, and the modifications that Unkar Plutt had made to it. That implies that she had been on the ship, and helped Unkar with the mods. Also, if she hadn't known anything about the ship, how would she know it was garbage?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3753 on: July 28, 2020, 11:57:00 AM »

I will even now defend TFA as not making Rey a Mary Sue.  She was a mystery.  JJ gave us a lot of questions...which is his style.  But TLJ either ignored those questions or gave divisive answers for the sake of being divisive.  Cohesion has been one of the greatest weakness' of the sequel era.  It speaks volumes that many of the actors, other than Daisy, have expressed displeasure at the sequel films.  They were in such a rush to make Rey the triumphant hero they did the actress and character a disservice.  Luke was A hero of the OT....but he wasn't triumphant.  He defeated HIS Dark Side...but had Anakin not returned he would have died then and there.  Anakin was the hero who destroyed the Emperor.  But Rey.....defeated the most powerful Sith of all time (According to Lucas himself).  Many of us could not accept that....not because Rey is a woman..... but because characters with more training, power and character development had failed.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3754 on: July 28, 2020, 12:54:59 PM »

Alas, I have to admit that it isn't my original material, saw it a looonggg time ago on a Youtube video that was all about Rey and Mary Sues. But it totally got stuck in my brain. Especially the way that the Youtuber pronounced it.

Hey DarthRondoudou, if you came up with that on your own independently then that's some serious pointage for you man. Have one on me anyway.
But it totally fits, and imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Movie actually.
I'm even more curious to know where you drew this conclusion.

It can be implied based on the fact that she could fly it by herself almost instantly (though not good at first). Before TLJ came out, that wasn't that Mary Sue-ish. It was just something that in her life on Jakuu she had learned about. But also when her and Han were trying to keep the Hyperdrive from killing them all, she knew what was wrong with it, and the modifications that Unkar Plutt had made to it. That implies that she had been on the ship, and helped Unkar with the mods. Also, if she hadn't known anything about the ship, how would she know it was garbage?
I will counter. Rey knew ships. She's torn enough of them apart to know how to identify various components. It's how she knew about what fuses to mess with to seal the bulkheads from the gangs. That, is why she understood what to do to bypass the compressor. The fact that she didn't have to leave the cockpit I just thought was bad writing, but her knowledge of any ship's electrical system I never thought was unmeritorious. But, it was so in her ability to fly it, and know what controls did what, and almost exactly what the ship was capable of doing. I thought it highly unlikely that Plutt would have ever allowed what he considered a slave to even be present on it while it flew, let alone actually practice flying it.

I will even now defend TFA as not making Rey a Mary Sue.  She was a mystery.  JJ gave us a lot of questions...which is his style.  But TLJ either ignored those questions or gave divisive answers for the sake of being divisive.  Cohesion has been one of the greatest weakness' of the sequel era.  It speaks volumes that many of the actors, other than Daisy, have expressed displeasure at the sequel films.  They were in such a rush to make Rey the triumphant hero they did the actress and character a disservice.  Luke was A hero of the OT....but he wasn't triumphant.  He defeated HIS Dark Side...but had Anakin not returned he would have died then and there.  Anakin was the hero who destroyed the Emperor.  But Rey.....defeated the most powerful Sith of all time (According to Lucas himself).  Many of us could not accept that....not because Rey is a woman..... but because characters with more training, power and character development had failed.
Exactly. A true hero/heroine has failures to overcome. Rey walks in with her cute smile and a can-do attitude, and everything just falls into her lap.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3755 on: July 28, 2020, 01:23:21 PM »

Exactly. A true hero/heroine has failures to overcome. Rey walks in with her cute smile and a can-do attitude, and everything just falls into her lap.

I saw a video somewhere that talked about how many modern female protagonists have only "amnesia" as a weakness.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3756 on: July 28, 2020, 01:35:00 PM »

I saw a video somewhere that talked about how many modern female protagonists have only "amnesia" as a weakness.
Which I find highly ironic because just about every female in my life has a better memory than me. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3757 on: July 28, 2020, 01:59:42 PM »

Which I find highly ironic because just about every female in my life has a better memory than me. Tongue

Depends on what its lol.  I Can give the history of Middle Earth, He-Man's lore, Star Wars genealogy all from memory.  But ask me when my Brother's birthday is I'll have to look at my calendar.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3758 on: July 28, 2020, 03:55:54 PM »

Depends on what its lol.  I Can give the history of Middle Earth, He-Man's lore, Star Wars genealogy all from memory.  But ask me when my Brother's birthday is I'll have to look at my calendar.

I need a shirt that says "ask me about Destiny lore" lol. But felt on that. I can barely remember stuff people told me a day ago.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3759 on: July 28, 2020, 04:45:53 PM »

Yeah pretty much. The things I remember are either inconsequential or required the repetition of study.

I need a shirt that says "ask me about Destiny lore" lol. But felt on that. I can barely remember stuff people told me a day ago.
I can barely remember $#!& I was in the process of doing 1.5min earlier.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3760 on: July 28, 2020, 07:41:21 PM »

Yeah pretty much. The things I remember are either inconsequential or required the repetition of study.
I can barely remember $#!& I was in the process of doing 1.5min earlier.

Hell...I walked my character into a room in Skyrim and forgot why I went in there....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ5x61IUFdU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ5x61IUFdU</a>

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3761 on: July 28, 2020, 07:47:55 PM »

Hell...I walked my character into a room in Skyrim and forgot why I went in there....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ5x61IUFdU

timing my dude! Currently listening to that exact track

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3762 on: July 28, 2020, 08:13:18 PM »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ5x61IUFdU

I actually do that in real life. Like I had the thought to do something, and my muscle-memory knew where to take me, but by the time I get there I don't remember what I was doing.

Sig by For Tyeth

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #3763 on: July 28, 2020, 08:37:16 PM »

you know your in bad shape when your looking for a button on your keyboard then forgot why you needed it

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3764 on: July 29, 2020, 01:26:22 AM »

For me it's Star Wars, Marvel/DC, and Middle-Earth (though the last has kinda faded because of how long it's been since I read the books).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: