Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 927266 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3780 on: July 29, 2020, 09:44:17 PM »

I'm a little confused, why would Revan or the EU version of Bane be in the Clone Wars in the first place? I mean you're talking about Clone Wars the show, right?

Yes.  Lucas of course created Darth Bane but the EU gave him his backstory and Lucas apparently really liked Revan's design (who could blame him).  During the Mortis Arc it was going to be reveled it was actually the Shades of Revan and Bane influencing The Son to rise against The Father.  They even got as far as preliminary animation but Lucas vetoed it because he did not like the idea Sith could leave behind any kind of Spirit....even though the EU established they can....its just not the same as The Jedi.  Sith are like "poltergeist" and tied to a place or object.  Here is the scene...notice Bane is in his Orbalisk armor.  

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lpn1_ZLIIA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lpn1_ZLIIA</a>

*Double AHEM* If Georgie wanted to control that universe, then he should have pulled a Tolkien and been the sole writer. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, he didn't.

Funny enough story, after my second viewing of the end of S6, I was not as displeased with Darth Bane as in my initial viewing. Not one thing he told Yoda differed from the EU story. This made it easier for me to swallow that what Yoda saw was an interpretation of Bane's spirit through the Force; which I won't argue, Bane was a terror.

I believe Filoni did say just that...it was a "vision" of Bane...not his actual shade.   Honestly I always found Bane's design to be lackluster.  Malgus is what I would picture for the Sith that survived all that crap.

I am x)
Love Jetman and Zyuranger (and Liveman). Though I first saw Zyuranger as power rangers... Had to wash my eyes with bleach after learning what they did with saber tooth tiger persona... xD

Yea, I was the right age when MMPR came out but I did not get the channel it came on...so I was out of the loop on it.  Kind of bred resentment but thats for another session lol.  I tried as an adult to watch MMPR but couldn't make it past the 5 min mark of the first episode.  Then I had a chance to watch Zyuranger...I couldn't for the life of me figure out how that got "Teenagers with attitude" from ancient warriors awakened in modern times to face their Enemy who killed the Dinosaurs.  And Burai was just a beast.  Now the modern MMPR comics are really good...they made it not hokey and shook things up.

Missed this eariler.

I fully understand that "ritual" can help focus the mind, but I don't hold to the mysticism. Like the "majicks" of the Nightsisters, it is just the Force. Superstition and ignorance in the society have built the belief that it's magic.

However, I will concede that some rituals actually DO have purpose. Case in point: creating a Sith sword. (Been watching a lot of Supernatural lately.) It is my belief that an enemies spilled blood would in fact be imbued with a touch of the dark side from their feelings of animosity toward you. Focusing your own mind on the dark side bolstered by the dark side within the blood would therefore enhance the Force properties of the blade.

This, of course, isn't totally necessary, but it does make the ends easier to produce. Vodo Siosk Baas (Exar Kun's Jedi master) preferred to use a Force imbued staff to fight with instead of a saber. Not clear on how he did it, as from what I have read, Jedi may be big on rites and ceremonies, but not too much so on ritual.

It always (for me) comes to there has to be something that can convince me only Force users can make Lightsabers.  But we've been down this road so often I think we've worn the top layer of soil off lol.   But that is something not enough cosplayers do...Sith Blades.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #3781 on: July 29, 2020, 09:57:05 PM »

Yes.  Lucas of course created Darth Bane but the EU gave him his backstory and Lucas apparently really liked Revan's design (who could blame him).  During the Mortis Arc it was going to be reveled it was actually the Shades of Revan and Bane influencing The Son to rise against The Father.  They even got as far as preliminary animation but Lucas vetoed it because he did not like the idea Sith could leave behind any kind of Spirit....even though the EU established they can....its just not the same as The Jedi.  Sith are like "poltergeist" and tied to a place or object.  Here is the scene...notice Bane is in his Orbalisk armor.  

Very cool stuff, didn't know that even existed. So in a way, Revan was super close to getting into... I guess I'll label it as the "main Canon" back in 2011, obviously it was well before the Great Disney Purge.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3782 on: July 29, 2020, 10:09:06 PM »

Very cool stuff, didn't know that even existed. So in a way, Revan was super close to getting into... I guess I'll label it as the "main Canon" back in 2011, obviously it was well before the Great Disney Purge.

Yep.  But Revan IS offcially canon now.  But in name only.  If they ever actually bring him in anywhere it might be completely different

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3783 on: July 30, 2020, 01:09:58 PM »

Yeah I liked that too, wish we had more to Bane in Canon than just that little tidbit, especially considering the EU book trilogy was so bloody fantastic, but I'll take it... for now.
I find profoundly stupid that they wiped out all of these great stories so they would interfere with their "great new" narrative, but most of the good ones already don't interfere. Like the Bane trilogy. Or the first TFU. But then we are dealing with people that utterly lack creativity. I mean let's face it, they hear "Always two there are" and there that translates to "ONLY two there are EVER." I'm not opposed to it being a custom that Sith always work in master/apprentice pairs, but ONLY two at a time is just weak. Countless thousands of Jedi over countless generations were scared to death over 2 people?

Yes.  Lucas of course created Darth Bane but the EU gave him his backstory and Lucas apparently really liked Revan's design (who could blame him).  During the Mortis Arc it was going to be reveled it was actually the Shades of Revan and Bane influencing Son to rise against Father.  They even got as far as preliminary animation but Lucas vetoed it because he did not like the idea Sith could leave behind any kind of Spirit....even though the EU established they can....its just not the same as The Jedi.  Sith are like "poltergeist" and tied to a place or object.  Here is the scene...notice Bane is in his Orbalisk armor. 
Can't watch the vid anyway, but yes I did notice. However, Bane lost that armor long before he died. But again, I had no issues with it being left to interpretation that what Yoda saw was a representation. Same with the Mortis family; interpretations, visions only. Otherwise we fall into that whole "no one was supposed to be more powerful than the Chosen One" routine. And again, been watching a lot of Supernatural, those that meet violent ends often have spirits that get bound to a location. I believe that Sith of significant...determination could leave behind a presence in the Dark Side in a specific location, unlike Jedi spooks, that accepted death, and get to flit willy-nilly allover the universe.

I believe Filoni did say just that...it was a "vision" of Bane...not his actual shade.   Honestly I always found Bane's design to be lackluster.  Malgus is what I would picture for the Sith that survived all that crap.
Can't see the pic. What image of Bane are we talking about? Malgus I love for many reasons. He was a believer, which made him an unstoppable force.

It always (for me) comes to there has to be something that can convince me only Force users can make Lightsabers.  But we've been down this road so often I think we've worn the top layer of soil off lol.   But that is something not enough cosplayers do...Sith Blades.
I would so be willing to do a Sith Blade, but 1) I fear too many wouldn't know what it is, and 2) blades cause too much furor at cons. We have been over the saber thing, but for me the "connection" between the maker and the crystal is something small, not this huge personal relationship, with a bunch of touchy feely wooo-ooooo crap.

Yep.  But Revan IS offcially canon now.  But in name only.  If they ever actually bring him in anywhere it might be completely different
I'm not even a fan of the game series, but I know they will have a full scale nerd riot on their hands if they don't do the character justice. And Christiana will be leading the charge.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3784 on: July 30, 2020, 02:52:20 PM »

I'm not even a fan of the game series, but I know they will have a full scale nerd riot on their hands if they don't do the character justice. And Christiana will be leading the charge.

You want me, the ever-kind Star Wars fan to participate in a riot? thats how.

You cant just make one of the most complex SW protagonists of the franchise with a rich and storied history and lore and make a mistake when coming back to it.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3785 on: July 30, 2020, 04:37:57 PM »

You want me, the ever-kind Star Wars fan to participate in a riot? thats how.

You cant just make one of the most complex SW protagonists of the franchise with a rich and storied history and lore and make a mistake when coming back to it.
Well with KK gone, I have less fear of those flying monkeys screwing it up, but they do still work for the Mouse.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #3786 on: July 30, 2020, 09:45:20 PM »

Well with KK gone, I have less fear of those flying monkeys screwing it up, but they do still work for the Mouse.

Has that been confirmed, or is it still just a rumor?
Last I heard she is contracted through 2022... but Disney is going to put Star Wars aside until 2023... so... *shrug*

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3787 on: July 30, 2020, 11:03:43 PM »

On topic..... My Revan PoP's came in!

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #3788 on: July 31, 2020, 05:40:19 AM »

Has that been confirmed, or is it still just a rumor?
Last I heard she is contracted through 2022... but Disney is going to put Star Wars aside until 2023... so... *shrug*
Still a rumor so far. But things seem to be moving in that direction.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3789 on: August 01, 2020, 03:34:19 PM »

For me it's Star Wars, Marvel/DC, and Middle-Earth (though the last has kinda faded because of how long it's been since I read the books).

The books are still in print, both paper and electronic formats.  It might be time for a re-read.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3790 on: August 02, 2020, 12:13:24 AM »

The books are still in print, both paper and electronic formats.  It might be time for a re-read.

with "new" ones out as well..I need to read The Fall of Gondolin

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #3791 on: August 03, 2020, 10:37:25 PM »

We all need a little Bruce Lee action in our lives from time to time.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQC29joihwU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQC29joihwU</a>

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3792 on: August 04, 2020, 03:23:25 PM »

I #$%&ING HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAATTTE YOU!

Sig by For Tyeth

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #3793 on: August 04, 2020, 03:51:14 PM »

Pics!

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3794 on: August 04, 2020, 04:47:03 PM »

Pics!

I'l have to figure out a way to post them since there isn't a third party site really worth using anymore.

Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: