Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 927247 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3825 on: September 18, 2020, 05:38:11 PM »

Maybe. From I've gleaned from the buzz feed, the Vader comics try too hard.
I can't say I agree with that.  Some people always have to complain.  The Vader comics were the bright spots in the new canon.,... Vader as the unstoppable force of nature we all heard about but never got to see.
     But I was talking about the old EU comics. 

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3826 on: September 18, 2020, 06:20:15 PM »

I can't say I agree with that.  Some people always have to complain.  The Vader comics were the bright spots in the new canon.,... Vader as the unstoppable force of nature we all heard about but never got to see.
     But I was talking about the old EU comics. 
I will concede that there is potential that what most people focus on is the over-hyped shark jumps. Like the idea that Vader's castle was an attempt to resurrect Padme, I was ok with. But where TF do you find a "dark side architect"? That's what I mean by try too hard.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3827 on: September 18, 2020, 07:39:38 PM »

I will concede that there is potential that what most people focus on is the over-hyped shark jumps. Like the idea that Vader's castle was an attempt to resurrect Padme, I was ok with. But where TF do you find a "dark side architect"? That's what I mean by try too hard.
Well. Wasn't really found....it's was given to him by palpatine as a "gift".   But we all know Papa Sheev isn't sandy claus.....he knew it would test Vader.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3828 on: September 18, 2020, 07:54:21 PM »

Well. Wasn't really found....it's was given to him by palpatine as a "gift".   But we all know Papa Sheev isn't sandy claus.....he knew it would test Vader.
Huh?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3829 on: September 18, 2020, 08:13:19 PM »

Huh?

Spoilers for those who care.............................

"INHALE"

After coming back from a successful mission Palpatine tells Vader he needs a planet to call his own...After all he is The Dark Lord of the Sith and Palpatines Voice.  But in Palpy fashion he lists Tattoine and Naboo...knowing he's twisting a knife.  But Vader requests Mustafar.  Palps is kind of confused but is like whatever and says "Sure...here is the Imperial Architects finest.  Oh and here is a gift."  It was the Helmet of Lord Momin, one of the many Dark Side artifacts Palpatine obtained over the years.  He tells Vader the History of Momin as a Sith who used the Dark Side to create "art".  Vader asks how he knows all this....as Palpy walks away he says "The Helmet told me."
                The Spirit of Momin was attached to the helmet and could speak and could convince others to put on the helmet and he could use their body. He tried to take vader but Vader resisted.  He promised Vader a great fortress that could tap into the nexus of the Force in that area and Pierce the veil of time.  So vader allowed momin to take over members of the Architect crew.  An amusing series of panels showed Vader killing each person he took over when the fortress would crumble (and that one sank into the swamp....eh..lava).  After 5 attempts the one we saw in RO was built and while Vader was distracted Momin utilized the tower to open the Veil and he brought himself forward from the Old Republic and merged.  Fight...Vader wins (not without effort...Momin was after all and Old Sith) and Vader hears Padme but the Veil closes.   Papa Sheev I'm didn't know how this would play out..but he knew Momin would test Vader in some way.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3830 on: September 21, 2020, 01:21:44 PM »

Spoilers for those who care.............................

"INHALE"

After coming back from a successful mission Palpatine tells Vader he needs a planet to call his own...After all he is The Dark Lord of the Sith and Palpatines Voice.  But in Palpy fashion he lists Tattoine and Naboo...knowing he's twisting a knife.  But Vader requests Mustafar.  Palps is kind of confused but is like whatever and says "Sure...here is the Imperial Architects finest.  Oh and here is a gift."  It was the Helmet of Lord Momin, one of the many Dark Side artifacts Palpatine obtained over the years.  He tells Vader the History of Momin as a Sith who used the Dark Side to create "art".  Vader asks how he knows all this....as Palpy walks away he says "The Helmet told me."
                The Spirit of Momin was attached to the helmet and could speak and could convince others to put on the helmet and he could use their body. He tried to take vader but Vader resisted.  He promised Vader a great fortress that could tap into the nexus of the Force in that area and Pierce the veil of time.  So vader allowed momin to take over members of the Architect crew.  An amusing series of panels showed Vader killing each person he took over when the fortress would crumble (and that one sank into the swamp....eh..lava).  After 5 attempts the one we saw in RO was built and while Vader was distracted Momin utilized the tower to open the Veil and he brought himself forward from the Old Republic and merged.  Fight...Vader wins (not without effort...Momin was after all and Old Sith) and Vader hears Padme but the Veil closes.   Papa Sheev I'm didn't know how this would play out..but he knew Momin would test Vader in some way.

Well that one burned down, fell over AND THEN sank into the swamp

-1 for the reference

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #3831 on: September 21, 2020, 05:20:02 PM »

Well that one burned down, fell over AND THEN sank into the swamp

-1 for the reference
AND a point for YOUR knowledge said reference  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #3832 on: September 23, 2020, 09:15:25 PM »

I've been having oodles of fun making Imperial rank bars out of aluminum and those nifty switch lenses. Took me a bit but finally hunted down the right ones for the Rebels and made a few. Fun to make, but even cooler to wear.

Army Captain, Navy Commander, Army Colonel

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #3833 on: September 24, 2020, 12:29:00 AM »

I've been having oodles of fun making Imperial rank bars out of aluminum and those nifty switch lenses. Took me a bit but finally hunted down the right ones for the Rebels and made a few. Fun to make, but even cooler to wear.

Army Captain, Navy Commander, Army Colonel

I LOVE military insignias and this is no different  Smiley

Great job, Saso!

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3834 on: September 24, 2020, 05:43:05 AM »

Thoughts?

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #3835 on: September 24, 2020, 05:46:30 AM »

Thoughts?

I usually hate crossguard. But this one is more thoughtful than those we've seen so far.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3836 on: September 24, 2020, 05:53:22 AM »

I usually hate crossguard. But this one is more thoughtful than those we've seen so far.

I rather like it myself.  Of course I like crossguard sabers anyway.  What dont you like if I may ask?   I'm still curious after 5 years because nearly all my fellow longsword users who are star wars fans loved it.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #3837 on: September 24, 2020, 06:30:51 AM »

Like the idea.
And from a practical point of view a bit safer than the current crossguards.  Grin

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3838 on: September 24, 2020, 11:33:02 AM »

Like the idea.
And from a practical point of view a bit safer than the current crossguards.  Grin

Really though you have to try to hit yourself with quillions on a sword....the normal Crossguard saber is not as dangerous as it seems.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #3839 on: September 24, 2020, 01:47:09 PM »

Really though you have to try to hit yourself with quillions on a sword....the normal Crossguard saber is not as dangerous as it seems.
It's not a question of hitting yourself with it. It's more about, what's the purpose? On Ren's lightsaber it probably can't protect the hand of the user. Though i'm not sure since those are vents and not a real crossguard per se.
If the crossguards are emitters, it probably means that a saber Can cut through the emitters defeating the purpose of protecting the hand.
But really. It's all about the look. I don't like the look of crossguard lightsabers.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 263   Go Up