Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 940400 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3855 on: September 29, 2020, 08:06:34 PM »

I like it.  Moving parts don't bother me and I will get the Black series version if it does actually move.  Couple of things...when looking at promo art his is pretty much the only crossguard..they rest are similar to what you posted.  Secondly.  The write up for the character describes the function of the cross.  Unlike Kylo's saber in which the cross are vents for the unstable crystal...this saber is actually made with the side emitters and the cross acts as a "cap"....now I'm sure its not gonna make a difference for your opinion but I thought you should have all the facts Tongue
I could easily see the "function" of the guard, I just think it's superfluous kitsch; a gimmick for the kids, because Force forbid they actually try to draw an audience with substance.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3856 on: September 30, 2020, 01:07:50 AM »

I could easily see the "function" of the guard, I just think it's superfluous kitsch; a gimmick for the kids, because Force forbid they actually try to draw an audience with substance.

While I am not optimistic at all about the content story wise in this series....Kitsch has its place.  Star Wars after all is a product.  Just look at some of the beloved shows of our childhoods.  Masters of the Universe, Thundercats, Silverhawks etc...... all gimmicks and kitsch to sell toys..BUT they also had substance.  The two can go together.  I always wanted more diversity in lightsaber design and function.... funny enough I designed a crosshilt lightsaber for a sith character way back in 2008 for a SW: LARP I was a part of......but the story was my character made it out of Beskar he took off a mandalorian he killed.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3857 on: September 30, 2020, 08:55:40 PM »

While I am not optimistic at all about the content story wise in this series....Kitsch has its place.  Star Wars after all is a product.  Just look at some of the beloved shows of our childhoods.  Masters of the Universe, Thundercats, Silverhawks etc...... all gimmicks and kitsch to sell toys..BUT they also had substance.  The two can go together.  I always wanted more diversity in lightsaber design and function.... funny enough I designed a crosshilt lightsaber for a sith character way back in 2008 for a SW: LARP I was a part of......but the story was my character made it out of Beskar he took off a mandalorian he killed.
True (you forgot Transformers, G.I. Joe, M.A.S.K...... pretty much every 80s animated series). But to me you're comparing apples and....pop rocks. I expect that kind of thing from kids shows. But SW can hardly be classified as a kids show. But the thing with SW is..... IT'S #$%&ING SW, the merch will always sell. Well provided that it is based on a quality experience. As we've discussed numerous times, the current crop of SW has mostly been "safe" rehashed, formulated, stale crap that progressively got worse. Merch sales suffered because gimmicks are novelty, and it easily wears off. Take X-wings: yes they have moving parts that are for the most part useless in space. BUT, they ALL had it. It was part of the design of a "common" craft. And it is still loved. Or better yet, lightsabers. US and other smiths make a killing off of the simple idea of a single beam of light being used as a blade. The first real "holy-shell" we got from them was when Darth Maul switched on that 2nd blade. (excusing the possibility of Exar Kun showing up first) And that had practical application. What else could you really do with perfection? So 40-some odd years later the Flex is still the most iconic and sought after hilt on the market......with no flash or wingding that makes it "cool".

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3858 on: October 02, 2020, 07:12:00 PM »

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3859 on: October 30, 2020, 04:06:33 AM »

So final theory time before Mando Season 2 starts. My current theory that I just came up with after finishing Season 1 finale is that Moff Gideon is the Mandalorian who found Din. The explanation given by Din for how he knows who he is is that Gideon was a ISB agent, but that seems a bit flimsy to me. Thoughts?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #3860 on: October 30, 2020, 11:19:11 AM »

So final theory time before Mando Season 2 starts. My current theory that I just came up with after finishing Season 1 finale is that Moff Gideon is the Mandalorian who found Din. The explanation given by Din for how he knows who he is is that Gideon was a ISB agent, but that seems a bit flimsy to me. Thoughts?
This has merit, TR^^   Especially when you consider [SPOILER ALERT]...

...Gideon possessing the Darksaber.  Yes, there are any number of ways that he might of gotten it but Occam's razor aligns nicely with your supposition  Smiley [SPOILER ALERT]

Regardless, I'm looking forward to this season (and thanks to Pedro Pascal--and of course, Baby Yoda--my wife is an official convert  Grin).

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3861 on: October 30, 2020, 01:08:07 PM »

Well no duh Baby Yoda. I had to applaud. Lucasfilm finally created something cute that fit a narrative and wasn't rammed down our throats.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3862 on: October 30, 2020, 03:15:29 PM »

...Gideon possessing the Darksaber.  Yes, there are any number of ways that he might of gotten it but Occam's razor aligns nicely with your supposition  Smiley [SPOILER ALERT]

Regardless, I'm looking forward to this season (and thanks to Pedro Pascal--and of course, Baby Yoda--my wife is an official convert  Grin).

More Spoiler....

Considering the last person to have it was Bo Katan...the question isn't so much how he got it...but how she lost it.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #3863 on: October 30, 2020, 04:11:06 PM »

WHY WHY WHYYYYYY why put of instead of have?Huh

As for the theories regarding the second season and the darksaber, I don't really know why but I'm more in a contemplating mood with this show. So... We'll see.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #3864 on: October 30, 2020, 05:39:54 PM »

WHY WHY WHYYYYYY why put of instead of have?Huh
Early morning hours before caloric intake?  Wink

DR is, of course, correct: I should've wrote "have"  Smiley

That said: I am looking forward to solving this particular mystery^^

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #3865 on: October 30, 2020, 05:42:02 PM »

Early morning hours before caloric intake?  Wink

That said: I am looking forward to solving this particular mystery^^
It's not against you, but it appears to be trending and I don't get it. Plus I hate it xD

He. I do hope we learn how it ended in his possession.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #3866 on: October 30, 2020, 05:48:30 PM »

It's not against you, but it appears to be trending and I don't get it. Plus I hate it xD

He. I do hope we learn how it ended in his possession.
I took no offense; heck, I feel the same way about grammar  Cheesy

[SPOILER ALERT]
When I first saw the scene when Gideon cut himself out of his TIE fighter, I got to explain the provenance of the Darksaber to my wife (who is not a SW fan so much as she is indulgent of my hobbies  Wink). 

Like you said: can't wait to learn just how he got it!

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #3867 on: October 30, 2020, 08:49:07 PM »

I took no offense; heck, I feel the same way about grammar  Cheesy

[SPOILER ALERT]
When I first saw the scene when Gideon cut himself out of his TIE fighter, I got to explain the provenance of the Darksaber to my wife (who is not a SW fan so much as she is indulgent of my hobbies  Wink). 

Like you said: can't wait to learn just how he got it!
I did the same with mine ^^'

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3868 on: October 30, 2020, 09:41:38 PM »

Dude, you had the PERFECT opportunity here! 🤦‍♂️

[Spoilers]

Considering the last person to have it was Bo Katan...the question isn't so much how he got it...but how she lost it.

Agreed. This is the question I've had since I saw that.

[SPOILER ALERT]

I had to explain it to my siblings (none of which have watched TCW or Rebels. Fakefans... Wink

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #3869 on: November 12, 2020, 11:49:02 AM »

I read some news on French News papers.

George Lucas had plans for ep. 7 to 9. :

Darth Maul (as a galactic crime lord) and his new apprentice Darth Talon Vs a New Republic and a New Jedi Order ...

After considering Solo : A Starwars story, I could say that I could have been a good plot (considering what I think about the current Ep. 7 to 9) ...

Some same news on your side of the ocean??

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: