Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 938702 times)
Kryptonian Jedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #3915 on: January 25, 2021, 12:05:13 AM »

Well that’s actually another thing which is that the idea of multiple universes isn’t as “too far out..” as it may have been before. I think even non-nerd audiences can hang with it just as long as it’s clear which universe they’re in at a given time and that rules are consistent.

Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« Reply #3916 on: February 04, 2021, 11:43:07 PM »

I seem to be aquiring Dark Side points. Though I am not exactly suited to the Dark Side.

The old Jedi ban on marriage is unreasonable and foolish. The old dogma of both Sith and Jedi is foolish
There is no Emotion; There is Peace
There is no Ignorance; There is Knowledge
There is no Passion; There is Serenity
There is no Death; There is The FORCE

Light Side Favored.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3917 on: February 26, 2021, 01:25:20 AM »

It's called character development. Quite amazing what a show can do when they include it.
Sadly, they spent their "amazing" quota developing Ahsoka, and left the rest of the series pretty meh, with a few sporadic high points.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3918 on: February 26, 2021, 02:40:11 AM »

Sadly, they spent their "amazing" quota developing Ahsoka,

I'll give you that one.

, and left the rest of the series pretty meh, with a few sporadic high points.

But, I disagree with this one (surprise, surprise! right?).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3919 on: February 26, 2021, 12:04:54 PM »

Sadly, they spent their "amazing" quota developing Ahsoka, and left the rest of the series pretty meh, with a few sporadic high points.

I dunno. I felt all the characters had great arcs.  Anakin especially.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3920 on: May 04, 2021, 01:13:12 PM »

Happy May the 4th!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3921 on: May 06, 2021, 02:26:28 PM »

Well, I finally got around to watching the last season of TCW, im midway through S3 of Rebels, and Just took a look at Bad Batch. Lightning round thoughts and SPOILERS for Bad Batch.

-Last Season of TCW:
-Ashoka is fantastic
-Rex is fantastic
-I found myself liking Maul more in like the 3-4 episodes he's in here than ANY previous episode of TCW or anything in Rebels. He seems more complicated and interesting. Not just "raagh kenobi"
-Animation was gorgeous
-I still dont like the brain chip thing. I thought order 66 was way more interesting when it was implied to be operant conditioning.

-Rebels S1-S2
-Cast is a mixed bag, Rex, Hera, and Kanan are good, Ezra is tolerable, Zeb is annoyingly immature (i know, kids show, but still), Sabine is an ACTUAL Mary Sue (demo expert, ace pilot, crack shot with akimbo blasters, renowned artist, pretty much never wrong in the context of the episode, all while being only 14 years old.) And then there's Chopper. The single most obnoxious and arguably genocidal droid Star Wars has ever known.
-Anytime Hondo is on-screen the episode quality JUMPS up.
-Anytime ancient Jedi or Sith shenanigans are on screen the episode quality JUMPS up.
-Kinda like the "heist" of the week format of the show. Its a little samey but its simple and effective.
-Grand Inquisitor was really cool, bonus points for Jason Isaacs. All the other inquisitors sucked lots. Boring to watch, ineffective as villains.
-Vader. This is a good thing. It will never not be a good thing.
-Technically S3, but what I've seen of Thrawn so far is top-notch. Hope they keep it up with him and dont turn him into another "ill get you next time gadget!" type villain.

-Bad Batch Ep.1 (and TCW) SPOILERS
-I like every single member of the bad batch....except Wrecker. Why oh why does the "dumb strong one" also have to be the "aggressively immature man-child"
-Liked the cameo of "Caleb" Jarrus - nearly didnt catch that.
-I was initially concerned this show would be overly edgy, what with hunter literally being "Star Wars Rambo" and Crosshair being "Dollar Store Sev" on first appearance, was pleasantly surprised to see these characters capable of navigating through difficulties without relying on "cool" factor ALL the time. They mess up enough to be believable.
-The initial Order 66 scene is one of my new favorites
-Omega is okay...I reeeeeaaaally hope she doesnt evolve into the "useless sidekick" or "Wesley Crusher" archetypes
-I. Still. Dont. Like. The. Brain. Chip.
-They've really been pushing Tarkin lately as this sinister, sadistic, bureaucrat. He always has been I mean but between Rogue One, Rebels, BB, and even some of the books hes really gotten a lot of "screen" time lately. I like it. Hes a bit of fresh air to see someone not just trying to be "evil" but also efficiently run a totalitarian government. Hes as interesting as he is dislikeable.
-Crosshair turning was annoyingly predictable, but he works well as a villain so really? No complaints.
-First episode (or should I say premier with a 90 minute runtime) was solid. Cant wait to see more.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3922 on: May 07, 2021, 01:08:41 PM »

Well, I finally got around to watching the last season of TCW, im midway through S3 of Rebels, and Just took a look at Bad Batch. Lightning round thoughts and SPOILERS for Bad Batch.

-Last Season of TCW:
-Ashoka is fantastic
-Rex is fantastic
-I found myself liking Maul more in like the 3-4 episodes he's in here than ANY previous episode of TCW or anything in Rebels. He seems more complicated and interesting. Not just "raagh kenobi"
-Animation was gorgeous
-I still dont like the brain chip thing. I thought order 66 was way more interesting when it was implied to be operant conditioning.

-Rebels S1-S2
-Cast is a mixed bag, Rex, Hera, and Kanan are good, Ezra is tolerable, Zeb is annoyingly immature (i know, kids show, but still), Sabine is an ACTUAL Mary Sue (demo expert, ace pilot, crack shot with akimbo blasters, renowned artist, pretty much never wrong in the context of the episode, all while being only 14 years old.) And then there's Chopper. The single most obnoxious and arguably genocidal droid Star Wars has ever known.
-Anytime Hondo is on-screen the episode quality JUMPS up.
-Anytime ancient Jedi or Sith shenanigans are on screen the episode quality JUMPS up.
-Kinda like the "heist" of the week format of the show. Its a little samey but its simple and effective.
-Grand Inquisitor was really cool, bonus points for Jason Isaacs. All the other inquisitors sucked lots. Boring to watch, ineffective as villains.
-Vader. This is a good thing. It will never not be a good thing.
-Technically S3, but what I've seen of Thrawn so far is top-notch. Hope they keep it up with him and dont turn him into another "ill get you next time gadget!" type villain.

-Bad Batch Ep.1 (and TCW) SPOILERS
-I like every single member of the bad batch....except Wrecker. Why oh why does the "dumb strong one" also have to be the "aggressively immature man-child"
-Liked the cameo of "Caleb" Jarrus - nearly didnt catch that.
-I was initially concerned this show would be overly edgy, what with hunter literally being "Star Wars Rambo" and Crosshair being "Dollar Store Sev" on first appearance, was pleasantly surprised to see these characters capable of navigating through difficulties without relying on "cool" factor ALL the time. They mess up enough to be believable.
-The initial Order 66 scene is one of my new favorites
-Omega is okay...I reeeeeaaaally hope she doesnt evolve into the "useless sidekick" or "Wesley Crusher" archetypes
-I. Still. Dont. Like. The. Brain. Chip.
-They've really been pushing Tarkin lately as this sinister, sadistic, bureaucrat. He always has been I mean but between Rogue One, Rebels, BB, and even some of the books hes really gotten a lot of "screen" time lately. I like it. Hes a bit of fresh air to see someone not just trying to be "evil" but also efficiently run a totalitarian government. Hes as interesting as he is dislikeable.
-Crosshair turning was annoyingly predictable, but he works well as a villain so really? No complaints.
-First episode (or should I say premier with a 90 minute runtime) was solid. Cant wait to see more.

Forgive me for being the "Achtually" guy for such a mundane piece of trivia...but Hunter is actually based off Billy from Predator....and no Thrawn remains one of the greatest SW villains as he has been for 30 years.

Also, IMO of course, Sabine, btw shes 16, isn't a Mary Sue.  A Mary Sue is good at things "just because" , Sabine was trained from the time she could walk in combat and art.  Everything she knows how to do can be explained.   But there is more development for her that I hope will change your mind later.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #3923 on: May 07, 2021, 02:02:26 PM »

Forgive me for being the "Achtually" guy for such a mundane piece of trivia...but Hunter is actually based off Billy from Predator....and no Thrawn remains one of the greatest SW villains as he has been for 30 years.

Also, IMO of course, Sabine, btw shes 16, isn't a Mary Sue.  A Mary Sue is good at things "just because" , Sabine was trained from the time she could walk in combat and art.  Everything she knows how to do can be explained.   But there is more development for her that I hope will change your mind later.

Maybe. My problem is at 16 I could see her being an expert at maybe *one* of those things, competent in a few more, but she shouldn't be out-flying professional pilots, outshooting seasoned veterans, a trained expert with explosives, AND also a genius artist before she's even 20, even with training that stretches my suspension of disbelief. My issue also incorporates that she is never wrong in the context of an episode, she never makes a mistake. Compare that to Din from the Mandalorian, someone with a similar upbringing who often makes mistakes and occasionally loses, but no-one denies how skilled he is, because someone who is truly skilled learns from their mistakes, not someone who never makes any. I do hope she improves for me but so far I dont like her very much.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3924 on: May 07, 2021, 02:23:37 PM »

Maybe. My problem is at 16 I could see her being an expert at maybe *one* of those things, competent in a few more, but she shouldn't be out-flying professional pilots, outshooting seasoned veterans, a trained expert with explosives, AND also a genius artist before she's even 20, even with training that stretches my suspension of disbelief. My issue also incorporates that she is never wrong in the context of an episode, she never makes a mistake. Compare that to Din from the Mandalorian, someone with a similar upbringing who often makes mistakes and occasionally loses, but no-one denies how skilled he is, because someone who is truly skilled learns from their mistakes, not someone who never makes any. I do hope she improves for me but so far I dont like her very much.

Going by my own experience by 16 I was exceling in many skill most adults had trouble with...none I can make money off of unfortunately.  Mainly in the areas of survival and hunting.  While I won't say I'm freaking Rambo, my Dad did train me from very early on to hunt, shoot, fish, track etc.  By 16 I was more than competent in those areas even beyond some adults...which leads into the point of quality of training.  Din was raised by a small group of religious zealots who split from Mandalorian Society and cut themselves off from many resources both material and human.  Sabine meanwhile was raised in Clan Viszla and was trained by some of the best Mandalorian Warriors there were at the time as well as being trained in Art by who her father, who was a week known artist on Mandalore.   Added to that she received even more training as an Imperial Cadet.
     Now as to her "never being wrong"  I can not comment as its been a while since I saw the earlier episodes so I don't quite remember what you might mean.but I will reiterate there are things later that might change your view.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #3925 on: May 07, 2021, 02:29:16 PM »

Also, IMO of course, Sabine, btw shes 16, isn't a Mary Sue.  A Mary Sue is good at things "just because" , Sabine was trained from the time she could walk in combat and art.  Everything she knows how to do can be explained.   But there is more development for her that I hope will change your mind later.
THANK YOU
<3 Sabine.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #3926 on: May 07, 2021, 02:44:43 PM »

Idk maybe she's just not my type of character. My main focus in Rebels right now is without a doubt Thrawn. He is an absolute show-stealer in any medium he shows up in, and rightly so.

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #3927 on: May 07, 2021, 08:34:30 PM »

Why oh why does the "dumb strong one" also have to be the "aggressively immature man-child"
Liked the cameo of "Caleb" Jarrus - nearly didnt catch that.
agreed on the "dumb strong one" point - sigh.
how old was Jarrus supposed to be because that voice was like...huh?  my kid even said "the voice doesn't seem to fit the character". 
my thought was "damn.  balls must be dragging the floor"  Grin

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3928 on: May 07, 2021, 11:56:49 PM »

I gotta agree with Tepes on the Sabine thing, both skillset and personality. There are absolutely times where it seems like she only ever makes the perfect decision, but even that isn't unrealistic. I know multiple people like that, and that is largely due to their upbringing and morals. There are times (in s3 and 4 especially) where you see the less than perfect side of Sabine, and it is usually when she is fed up and angry. Which is exactly how the people I know are like. You definitely don't have to like her character, but it is far from unrealistic.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Abendroth
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #3929 on: August 15, 2021, 02:20:23 AM »

Darth Revan's Sith holocron:

I am Darth Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith. Those who use the Dark Side are also bound to serve it. To understand this is to understand the underlying philosophy of the Sith. The Dark Side offers power for power's sake. You must crave it. Covet it. You must seek power above all else, with no reservation or hesitation. The Force will change you. It will transform you. Some fear this change. The teachings of the Jedi are focused on fighting and controlling this transformation. That is why those who serve the Light are limited in what they accomplish. True power can come only to those who embrace the transformation. There can be no compromise. Mercy, compassion, loyalty: all these things will prevent you from claiming what is rightfully yours. Those who follow the Dark Side must cast aside these conceits. Those who do not - those who try to walk the path of moderation - will fail, dragged down by their own weakness. Those who accept the power of the Dark Side must also accept the challenge of holding onto it. By its very nature the Dark Side invites rivalry and strife. This is the greatest strength of the Sith: it culls the weak from our order. Yet this rivalry can also be our greatest weakness. The strong must be careful lest they be overwhelmed by the ambitions of those working beneath them in concert. Any master who instructs more than one apprentice in the ways of the Dark Side is a fool. In time, the apprentices will unite their strength and overthrow the master. It is inevitable; axiomatic. That is why each master must have only one student. This is also the reason there can only be one Dark Lord. The Sith must be ruled by a single leader: the very embodiment of the strength and power of the Dark Side. If the leader grows weak, another must rise to seize the mantle. The strong rule; the weak are meant to serve. This is the way it must be. My time here has ended. Take what I have taught you and use it well.

I am Darth Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith... The Dark Side offers power for power's sake. You must crave it. Covet it. You must seek power above all else, with no reservation or hesitation. The Force will change you. It will transform you. Some fear this change. The teachings of the Jedi are focused on fighting and controlling this transformation. That is why those who serve the Light are limited in what they accomplish. True power can come only to those who embrace the transformation. There can be no compromise.

Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: