Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Converting WAV Files to LSU Using Audacity - Step by Step Tutorial  (Read 104546 times)
hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2015, 06:33:43 AM »

The obsidian V3 soundboard only takes .lsu files, the obsidian V4 soundboard will take .lsu and .wav files. So if you get the V3 board you'll have to convert .wav to .lsu.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Zalbaag
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -42

Dark...Light...we are bound only to the Force

« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2015, 06:36:26 AM »

Ok, great.  Thanks for the info!

Sabers I Own: Scorpion - Emerald Driver and V4 sound
Dominix LE V4 - Guardian Blue stunt saber
Manticore CE - SRD w/V4 sound
Crimson Scorpion - Emerald Driver and V4 sound (raffle prize)
Shock LE - Tri Fire Orange w/V4 sound
Aeon v4 - Blazing Red (raffle prize)
Archon v3 - Tri GB w/V4 sound
Graflex SE - GB w/V4 sound (raffle prize)
Manticore - AB w/V4 sound (raffle prize)
Emperor's Hand - Diamond
Crimson Reaper - Emerald w/V3 sound (raffle prize)

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2015, 03:51:51 PM »

Hi everyone,

I am brand new to UltraSabers (going to Post Office tomorrow to pick up my first saber!).  I was messing around with sound fonts that I want to load onto my saber, and found that the new launcher accepts the 48000 Hz .wav files.  Is there a reason we need to convert the .wav files to .lsu?

I am sorry if this is a silly question, like I said I'm new.  Thanks!

The Obsidian V3 and below requires all files to be LSU. Apparently the new one (V4) takes just about anything. I gotta get my hands on one of those... Smiley

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

knightkhairyn
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2015, 08:41:28 AM »

See, I tried this and it just kinda made the font I picked up play faster and higher pitched. Which is definitely not what I want.

Any advice here?

ArtoriusaurusRex
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 41

From the Ashes a fire shall be woken...

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2016, 05:06:53 AM »

See, I tried this and it just kinda made the font I picked up play faster and higher pitched. Which is definitely not what I want.

Any advice here?

In fiddling with it, I found that reducing the speed of the sound to 90% puts it back about where it was.

A Light from the Shadow shall spring...

ArtoriusaurusRex
Knight Ensign

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2016, 01:40:39 PM »

Any advice here?

Ignore the prior post, I figured it out.

At least on my Obsidian, adjusting the Sample Rate on the track itself made it higher pitched and it wouldn't load into the Obsidian sound wizard anyway, complaining that it was the wrong Sample Format.

What worked for me was not to adjust the track, but just set the project to 48000Hz. Save the file uncompressed and it worked just fine.

Hopefully that helps.

(Mods feel free to delete the prior post, because I couldn't figure out how to delete it or edit it)

willfoxylove
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2016, 11:41:11 PM »

So you have to do this for every single wave file included in a sound font? Like if I DL'd one I have to do this process for every hum, boot, clash, etc. sound?

willfoxylove
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2016, 12:17:50 AM »

So I just did this for a sound font that is native at 22,050 hz and I followed the instructions here and amped it up to 48,000 and it sounds all speed up, high, and just terrible. How do I fix this?

ArtoriusaurusRex
Knight Ensign

« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2016, 01:17:39 AM »

So I just did this for a sound font that is native at 22,050 hz and I followed the instructions here and amped it up to 48,000 and it sounds all speed up, high, and just terrible. How do I fix this?

Look right above your first post

willfoxylove
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2016, 01:23:56 AM »

Look right above your first post

Thats what I get for not reading Smiley

ArtoriusaurusRex
Knight Ensign

« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2016, 03:39:56 AM »

Thats what I get for not reading Smiley

No worries.  Tongue Have fun making sound fonts!

Wrecker
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

What's hard to understand about swish swish stab?

« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2016, 10:06:00 PM »

I have three sabers with Obsidian v4 and I'm planning to load some soundfonts from saberforum.com and eventually saberfont.com. However, the Mario soundfont I pulled from FX-Sabers gives me the "uncompressed 16 bit mono at 48000 samplerate" error message when I try loading it into the launcher. Does this mean that I'll have to open them in audacity and edit them down to the correct parameters?

Is this needed for all SaberFont.com fonts as well, since those are rated for Plecter and NEC boards only?

It doesn't have to be a .lsu file for the final product like the instructions say since Angel_Rain's cat font is in .wav form, right?

40" Blazing Red Obsidian v4 Renegade with Orange FoC
36" Blazing Red Stunt Dark Initiate v1
36" Green Obsidian v4 Consular
36" Green Obsidian v4 Consular

Vechaljian
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -15

« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2016, 01:25:44 AM »

Ive got the most of this down through trial and error, the speed issue was friggin annoying.  but I cant figure out how to get the file size down to get all my old plexter lab fonts to actually fit..how the heck are you all pulling this off? I mean I'm ending up with 5mb files for each font., and that a ton more than each bank itself handles. I just want my Darth maul fonts to work....

UltraSabers: Bellicose-Obsidian V3-Sunriders Destiny/Foc-white. Dark Initiate V3-Obsidian V4-Blazing Red/Foc-Orange. Dark Initiate v4-Obsidian v4 Violet Amethyst/Foc-Blue  Emerald Guardian-Obsidian V4. x2 Emerald Dark Menaces-Obsidian V4 Coupled. Emerald Archon v3.1-Obsidian V4  Emerald Chosen One CE-Obsidian, Third Prize Second Summer Raffle- Domonix V3 Li-ion stunt.
Self Converted MR/Hasbro Sabers: 2005 MR Anakin Skywalker, 2007 Hasbro Darth Vader(Obsidian v4), 2015 Hasbro Kylo Ren, 2005 MR Luke Skywalker(Obsidian V4)
Kits saber: Graflex 2.0(Obsidian V4)

Quasarlis
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

Fear is the only darkness embrace the the Darkside

« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2016, 10:19:42 PM »

I followed this step by step too and converted a soundfont I love but it sounds awful, no where near loud enough (Even though I amplified by 3dB, tried it by 6dB also but it was awfully distorted) and sounds VERY low quality ... Any tips on how to get around this??

X2 Guardians Obsidian V4, Emerald.

Stefan
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

Come to the darkside we have cookies!

« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2016, 01:27:54 PM »

I followed the Audacity procedure but I have a I-mac. The V4 launcher does not have the feature of converting wav files to lsu. I think I'm missing something. let me know if you can help. thanks.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: